Tags:
  1. TheMyst7885

TheMyst7885 Active Member

There may be an easier way for me to create this wolf spirit with so many possible ideas

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by TheMyst7885, Aug 5, 2019.

So since I have many decisions to make for this character idea, what if I made a few protagonists with the wolf spirit within this particular story? Kind of like how Marvel or DC has many different superheroes but each story has multiple protagonists within that one superhero saga.

So for example how DC universe has the Batman universe with Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl as main characters in that series. Arrowverse has Oliver Queen(Green Arrow), Barry Allen(Flash), Kara Zor-El(Super Girl).

Marvel universe has both the X-Men and Shield universes.

X-Men universe has Wolverine, Jean grey, Cyclops, Storm, Psylocke, Beast, etc.

Shield universe has Captain America, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Falcon,

For my wolfman universe I could have four to five different characters with a wolf or were spirit or in a sense some animal wolf like form, so like one character would have the wolf spirit who was from a far lineage of wolf spirit ancestors from all across the globe from Egyptian ancestors, Native American ancestors, Italian/Roman ancestors, Japanese ancestors, Eastern European, British, French, etc and him being the latest descendant was an orphan that his powers were discovered when he was training in the military or some dramatic incident happened to release it. Another wolf spirit character could be another orphaned child from Canada who was discovered but kidnapped from either biological family and raised by the kidnappers after doing tests or kidnapped from an adopted family after being discovered and being used for tests. Another wolf spirit character could be one who got cursed or gifted by the spirit gaining it's abilities through some kind of game of luck winning a totem item. Another could have had the gene spirit like a mutation that was found out but no one else in the bloodline had it. Another character could be one who was genetically modified after this organization discovered this wolf spirit and used to build and construct wolf-like super soldiers with genetically enhanced super senses.

That's already five different wolf spirit main characters in the wolf universe. This could have potential right?

2. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

That sounds interesting, yes. I like seeing multiple different variations of the same general theme.

3. TheMyst7885

Thanks! Do you think it would be cooler if there were say 5 different wolf hybrids that formed a pack together, or make each animal spirit different in the 5 pack like one wolf guy, one tiger spirit character, one bear, one eagle, one turtle or snake or deer spirit-hybrid character? Or just have 5 wolves who formed wolf pack and then add 5 more other animals that maybe join making it half wolf pack and half other pack of animals?

4. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

I like both ideas, though the second would involve writing an awful lot of characters.

5. TheMyst7885

Maybe I can mix some of them into one character? Like the wolf guy has few animal spirits within him. Kinda like in Bravestarr.

6. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

Huh. That could be interesting, yes.

7. TheMyst7885

Cool. But how could I balance it? Like say he's a wolf guy that has bear wolf tiger hawk spirits in him? That works right?

8. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

How do you mean, balance it?

9. TheMyst7885

Like having a lycan-human wolf-hybrid with not just a wolf spirit contained in him but also have other animal spirits within him like tiger, eagle and bear mythologies and can also use their abilities.

10. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

Well, you can have any mix you want, I'm sure. Just make sure he gets to use each animal at one point or another. :)

11. TheMyst7885

Yep sure will! So would readers be in disbelief if his ancestors had so many mix of animal spirits that even though his wolf spirit is the most dominant, he would still have abilities of like a tiger, fox, dragon, phoenix, falcon, eagle, lion, bear, snake, turtle, etc. That is not too much then?

12. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

I thought it was a random mutation that had nothing to do with his ancestors?

13. TheMyst7885

It would be a mutstion but that's only for one character. Another character will have it through family ancestry. Another one gets it by either winning something by chance or through a curse. One gets it through being genetically modified into one and last one gets it from some kind of recessive like genes from someone that carried it.

It would be 5 of them in a pack all affected in different ways.

14. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

Oh, I see. Well, I see no reason why it couldn't work, but it's getting a bit complicated now. I think I'd need to actually see it in practice to tell.

jannert likes this.
  15. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I agree with @Baeraad above. The idea sounds very intriguing (and complicated.) Success will all boil down to how it gets written.

Why not try writing a few experimental scenes using your characters? You'll get a feel for them, and you might raise a few problems that you realise you'll need to solve (like origins, ancestry, mutations, etc.)

The jump from 'idea' to 'written story' is huge and there isn't any quick way to get around it. You can come up with the most planned and plotted idea for a story, characters, settings, but if the writing doesn't catch fire, it won't work. At the same time, you can come up with a half-baked idea for a story, start writing before you have much of an idea of where it's going or who will be in it, and end up with something truly wonderful.

Make that jump from idea to written work as soon as you can. Best way, in my opinion, to get yourself on track.

Baeraad likes this.
  16. TheMyst7885

Alright I'll do that. Thanks guys for your help ;)

Oh and another thing I wanted to ask. If I have a character with ancient Egyptian descent, where or what location would make most sense for that modern character descendant to be? I heard some info that most ancient Egyptians have evolved to other territories of the world and not the same as the current Egyptians living there now in Egypt. Would most modern descendants of ancient Egyptians be living in parts of Europe? Middle East? Or the US?