1. Rockatansky

Rockatansky Banned

MadMax has arrived!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rockatansky, Oct 31, 2019.

Hello All!

My name is Maxwell or Max, and as you can tell by the title, I'm a big fan of Mad Max and all things post apocalyptic!

So I think it goes without saying, I enjoy writing post-apocalyptic and dystopian stories.

And I'm hoping do improve on my craft by learning from everyone here!

Some Guy likes this.
  2. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @Rockatansky. Welcome.

There have been quite a few futuristic and dystopian stories posted on here so whether you’re reading or writing them you should be in good company. In about two weeks since your membership, you should be able to post your own work in the workshop too.

I hope you get the sort of feedback you’re looking for.

Rockatansky likes this.
  3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Rockatansky! I'm one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum. Especially as you are a Mad Max fan. Gosh, I haven't watched those movies in quite a few years, but I've got them all on DVD. I should get them out again. They were groundbreaking, weren't they? And certainly dealt with the breakdown of society in the not distant future. Yep. Scary stuff.

Anyway, I look forward to reading some of your work, once you've fulfilled the requirements for posting your stuff in the Workshop (which is the only place on the forum that you're allowed to post original work for feedback and critique.)

To that end, if you haven't already, do take time to read these two links, which will explain about the requirements, etc :

|New Member Quick Start
    Forum Rules

They should help you get oriented and give you an idea of how we operate.

Meanwhile, have fun getting to know us and letting us get to know you. Browse the threads and jump in when you have something to say. If you like short stories, poetry or flash fiction, you might want to take a look at our current contests, read the entries and vote for your favourite. The writers really appreciate the votes. You are also allowed to enter the contests as a new member, so feel free to do that, if you want.

If you encounter any difficulties getting started, feel free to contact me via a 'conversation' (click my owl avatar and follow the signs) and I'll do my best to help.

Meanwhile, enjoy yourself. And welcome aboard.

Cheers, Jan

Rockatansky likes this.
  4. Rockatansky

Rockatansky Banned

Thanks Jan,

I appreciate the warm welcome and will follow the rules to the letter, to the best of my ability.

I have the Mad Max's on Blu-ray, except Mad Max 4. Though I do intend to get it. I was also thinking of purchasing them on Amazon video so I can watch him over and over again

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I actually don't think I have Mad Max 4. I'll have to look. But I have certainly watched the first three several times. I'm actually quite fond of Aussie cinema in general. They 'get' the concept of flawed proganonist better than just about anybody. They have produced some real classics. AND my favourite TV show of all time: Farscape.

Rockatansky likes this.
  6. Rockatansky

Rockatansky Banned

I recently discovered a YouTuber named goodbadflicks, it is covered a lot of Aussie films. Pretty good stuff I'll need to watch

EFMingo and jannert like this.