Things That Annoy Me, But Shouldn't

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Earp, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Y'all know what I'm gonna say...

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Saying something can't happen is the best way to make it so?

Cave Troll and Rzero like this.
  3. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

*ducks out*

Rzero, Cave Troll and Steve Rivers like this.
  4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

"But don't you guys get that Sahara dust all the time?"

"Yes."

"Then what's the big deal?"

"You ever had pizza, Carol?"

"Uh... yeah."

"More than once, like, different kinds of pizza?"

"Of course, silly."

"So, when I arrive at your house with a flatbed trailer hauling a pizza with a 60-foot diameter that's two feet thick, you can handle that, right?"

"Wait, that's..."

"You said you've had pizza before, more than once, different kinds."

"You're being..."

"That's the fucking difference, Carol."

5. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

:superagree:
    [​IMG]

6. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Radio quiz contestants, or seemingly anyone being interviewed by the media these days, and their habit of starting every sentence with ‘So...’

DJ: We have Jill on the line. What do you do in the world, Jill?

Jill: So, I’m working from home at the moment, like so many of us

DJ: Okay. Now tell us about your honeymoon that never was.

Jill: So, we were supposed to be going away, but obviously couldn’t because of the lockdown, so it’s been postponed now until next year.

DJ: Oh, that’s tough but I’m sure you’re not the only ones. Where was the honeymoon planned for?

Jill: So, it was going to be in the Dominican Republic. Now we’re not sure where it will be.

And so on and so on!

7. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

ever listen to Eminem on the radio station?
    :bigfrown:

Dogberry's Watch and Rzero like this.
  8. OurJud

Cave Troll likes this.
  9. Martin Beerbom

Martin Beerbom Senior Member

Impatience and stupidity of a lot of car drivers.

There's construction on the road. Full closure. They put up a barrier on the lane going in at the previous intersection (the opposing lane is open for folks like me living there to leave.) The construction site – and that it crosses the whole road – is highly visible from the barrier. Still, 90% – or so it feels – of drivers still have to cross the barrier, and then U-turn.

Rzero, Steve Rivers and Cave Troll like this.
  10. OurJud

Fans, of the oscillating variety. It’s 80+ degrees here (which is bloody hot for England) and a fan is nice... for about 5 minutes. But then not only does it start to lose its effectiveness, it gets progressively more irritating; the noise, the irritation to the eyes, the resulting headaches... So I just have to sit and melt!

Steve Rivers and Cave Troll like this.
  11. iowawriter

iowawriter Senior Member

Working at the high school garden tonight while Cascade softball hosts a game. The team they are playing is one of those that sings in the dugout when they are at bat. First time I've heard that in some time.

It's cute at first but soon it becomes so annoying.

Going to go yell at some clouds now.

Steve Rivers, Cave Troll and Some Guy like this.
  12. Proficere

Proficere Member

Seeing people swinging their leg in the background while I'm trying to work on something.

Steve Rivers and Cave Troll like this.
  13. OurJud

Yes, there’s none of us like seeing swinging legs. It’s nearly as bad as folk lifting their arms o_O

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  14. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Is there no AC in England?

OurJud likes this.
  15. OurJud

Not for poor bastards like me.

16. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

Most brits would look at you funny for asking if we had AC.
    "It's unbearable for 3-4 days a year here, why would you have AC sitting/installed in your house and not used for 360 days of the year?" hehe

Climate change is ...well... changing that a bit over here. For instance, where I live in the midlands, we used to get snow each year regular as clockwork in the 80s/90s in late jan/feb. Since the 2000s we're lucky to see it once every ten years now.
    We never used to have weeks of uninterrupted clear blue skies either. But that is now becoming more common in summer, too (again at least where i am). Give it another twenty years and it might be worth while installing AC.

I have my fan next to my computer blasting directly into my face, and i dont seem to mind the heat as much as others, so im happy as larry. :D

Us brits will complain about humidity and hot weather a lot, but most haven't been to someplace like Malaysia and truly experienced the real meaning of humidity :) hehe

17. Room with a view

Room with a view Senior Member

People checking more than one bank card at the local ATM and taking their sweet time about. I think it's up there with people who spend 10 minutes waiting for a bus and then wait until they're standing in front of the driver before rummaging their pockets for the coinage after they've separated the coppers from the silvers and the pound coins only to discover a note so they use that instead.

It shouldn't annoy me...but it does.

Steve Rivers, Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  18. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Live callers on radio shows. They're almost always super cringe and I can't stand when they dont know timing and speak over the host. Blegh.

19. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

The local morning show guy calls himself the radio buddy and when he talks to people on the phone he does that weird high pitched scratchy screamy thing that one politician did during a campaign where he yelled "yeah!" And his voice cracked.

Sorry it was a specific thing.

Cave Troll and EFMingo like this.
  20. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Today, I had planned to meet up with a friend I don't see so often. I got up late though and saw a message he had sent to me, saying that he's leaving now to go to a bar at a place that is about a 40 minutes drive from here, if I'd like him to come pick me up now. I suppose he got bored waiting for me to contact him and arranged with other buddies too. No problem. I apologised for the tardiness and told him that I just got up and I wasn't feeling like going out tonight. No problem there too. We arranged to meet up tomorrow. Cool.

About 3 hours later he sent me a message asking me to pass by my place. I replied: "sure". Why not? He came kinda drunk and in low spirits, adding "shit" in every sentence he created. In a general manner: "Life is shit". In a more subjective manner: "My life is shit". In an abstract, laconic manner: "Shit". Yeah, sure dude, but what's eating you? Would you like to talk it out? Anyhow, we had a short conversation from which I understood that he hates his job, because of the people he has to withstand and the working conditions in general. He asked for a hug. Hug accepted. No problem at all up to this point.

Now the problem: He fell asleep on my bed as I was in the kitchen making a milkshake to cheer him up. (Ended up drinking two milkshakes by myself. Not bad). He is snoring. Thing is that I don't care about the snoring part. I got my headphones on that offer sound insulation even when I'm not listening to anything. Problem is that even if he is sleeping, even if I'm able do whatever I want to do here, at my desk, in front of the pc, I simply can't. I got this condition where when someone is in the same room I am, two steps away from me, I can't focus for shit. I can't write my screenplay, I can't read a book, I can't watch a stupid series and I don't know why. I need to be alone to do my alone stuff. So that's why I decided to post it here: It's my fault for being annoyed. It's not his presence that is bothering me, he sleeps like a hammered angel, it's my inability to go on with the things I want to do, even when he is not getting in the way in any manner, just because I know he is here. I feel like such an asshole. I want to get out of here!

Oh well, it's 5:37 am now so in about an hour I'll wake him up and make breakfast (coffee), because he's got to go to work.

21. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

I tried to be brave about killing a spider (sorry to those who like spiders, they make my blood freeze instantly), and in the process of being as humane as possible, I flipped it toward myself and scared myself even more. I deserved it, absolutely, but now I'm going to stare into space about that for the next few hours.

Some Guy, Rzero, love to read and 3 others like this.
  22. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Did you kill it in the end?

23. Dogberry's Watch

Oh, it's dead as shit. I panic slapped it with an envelope with some 401k shit from my workplace, and added a level of responsibility for myself.

24. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I'm picturing a scene like this:

[​IMG]

Rzero, EFMingo, Cave Troll and 2 others like this.
  25. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Yesterday I tennised a wasp and saw it land somewhere on my bed. I couldn't find her. I flipped everything upside down and still couldn't find her. I found her today, right across my bed, all wrapped up in spider-web. There was also a dead horsefly near her. I know I've got a pretty big spider in my room but we're roomies! :D Idk. Spiders never bothered me. Everything else might.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.