1. Masked Mole

Masked Mole Senior Member

Who's Your Oldest/Best Friend on the Forum?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Masked Mole, May 28, 2015.

I was interested in hearing stories from everyone about great times with their best friends on the forum. Maybe you collaborated, or made some good jokes together, or have regular deep discussions.
    While I haven't been on the forum for all that long, there have been a few people that have gone out of their way to be kind to me. Artsomelian (I might have misspelled that, so sorry), ladybird, and gorgeouscaptain have all been great to talk with on this site.
    Anyway, share your favorite people. We'll spread some happy vibes.

auntiebetty, PiP and Mckk like this.
  2. JessAlways

JessAlways Member

I haven't been on this forum that long, but you and @KaTrian have been very kind and friendly. :)

auntiebetty and KaTrian like this.
  3. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

I am not active on here enough for that. It is more of a distraction for me when have nothing to do at work.

auntiebetty and Nicoel like this.
  4. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I miss @Garball. :cry:

5. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I don't have any friends on the site! I haven't been active lately though, because the site seems to be very quiet. There's not that many people on here, except for the same 5-10.
    There was one fellow who I talked to for a bit, but he hasn't been active in a long time.

auntiebetty likes this.
  6. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

Aw, MM, you've just made my day.:cheerleader:I was beginning to think I was billynomates :cry:

I enjoy your posts, masked Mole and @Lemex makes me laugh and @Lewdog offered some helpful tips on posting photographs.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    auntiebetty likes this.
  7. Stacy C

Stacy C Banned

@Steerpike, @BayView and @GingerCoffee. We don't always agree, but I enjoy their input.

auntiebetty, GingerCoffee and BayView like this.
  8. Masked Mole

Masked Mole Senior Member

Making people's days is what I do. (Puts on shades cooly)

auntiebetty and JessAlways like this.
  9. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I hope in the best way: at me, not with me ... wait.

auntiebetty likes this.
  10. PiP

Your avatar is so cheery, the message posted to your profile page Lemex's Law: If there is a debate on writingforum.org - it'll either be about or quickly turn into another fucking argument about religion. AND some of your comments do make me laugh (in a nice way). Can I stop wriggling now?

auntiebetty and Lemex like this.
  11. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Why thank you. :)

@thirdwind and I have had some cracking conversations over this forum, and I really like that guy. And @Dante Dases - who is an amazing guy. Same with @Wreybies, @jannert, @Steerpike, @Link the Writer, @123456789, @EdFromNY, @Mckk, @obsidian_cicatrix, @Kingtype, and I'm sure a few others I just haven't thought of as I write this post. There are others, I know it.

(This thread is a work in progress).

123456789, thirdwind and EdFromNY like this.
  12. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

As a mod, I'm kinda obligated to have regular conversations with the other mods about stuff. I interact with them more than with most members, so they're the ones I feel closest to. We should form a band, or something. :D

13. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

My life in a nutshell:

14. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Gosh, so many great people on the forum. I suppose I have to put @obsidian_cicatrix first, because I've actually met her face to face and we've become friends. But so many others I've grown very fond of. @matwoolf, who always makes me laugh. @EdFromNY . @KaTrian and @T.Trian , @Lemex , @Mckk , @Selbbin , @Vandor76 for his help with my bad Hungarian, and some danged good recipes!,@auntiebetty, for her help with my MS, @Wreybies , @minstrel, @Lewdog , @TWErvin2 (for his consistently good, kindly advice), @GingerCoffee for her many helpful tips and research, and the great way she manages the short story contests, @Catrin Lewis for her dedication to writing the kinds of books I would like to read. Many other longstanding members whose contributions I always look forward to reading, @Link the Writer , @plothog , @FrankieWuh, @Steerpike, @aikoaiko, @123456789, @BayView, @Shadowfax,@Aled James Taylor , @Jack Asher, @daemon, @A.M.P.,@Bjørnar Munkerud and several newer members I've been interacting with as well. Just a great forum. The best thing about it, is there is no (longer) anybody on the forum whom I dislike. The only thing I dislike is the amount of time I spend on it when I should be doing other stuff!

15. PiP

I agree, it is natural that you are closest to your fellow mods as your mission is to enforce the rules. As for a band - Brotherhood of Mods?

auntiebetty likes this.
  16. VirtuallyRealistic

VirtuallyRealistic Active Member

I've only been here a few months, so I don't have any stories to share. What I can say is this: I haven't crossed anyone I dislike. Everyone seems positive, intelligent, and helpful. Even when there are disagreements, everyone is civil and up to an honest debate instead of a hostile argument. That's a rarity on the internet, and it's a pleasant respite from the negativity.

auntiebetty, GingerCoffee and BayView like this.
  17. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

What a fun thread.

But I've met so many wonderful people on here and even before joining, in fact I wish I could call you all friends but sadly haven't had conversation with everybody :p But my oldest and best friends on here....

@JessWrite

We've worked on several projects and I consider her one of the kindest people I've ever met. I really thank this site for introducing us, no doubt one of the best people I've ever met and generally nicest to! Really a person I can't compliment enough. :superagree:

@lixAxil

My homie dawg! Known him the longest of all (since before WF) and he may act like he doesn't like me sometimes but he knows he loves me! I totally taught him everything he knows......hehehehhe, ain't that right buddy? :supercheeky:

And in general I'd love to give everybody I've talked to a special mention but then I'd be here way to long BUT @Exzalia @Pheonix @Love to Write @Mewmewcatfish @Nia @Keitsumah @AnonyMouse and @Fan7asticMrFox @mmarage @TheApprentice BASICALLY THE ENTIRE RP SECTION WHICH TAKE TO LONG TO LIST! But trust me would LOVE to list everybody but its late as heck here

I've have had the honored of getting to know them all on different levels over the years. They aren't all active quite as often as they used to be and some are long gone, which is good because I and they are busy working on books.

In fact lately RP section isn't as lively as it used to be which makes me sad :( but times change and you've got to keep going but I couldn't be more proud or grateful to have met every last one of them because we inspired each other playing those games and most of all we had (and still have just at a slower pace) a lot fun.

Whether or not I make it as a writer, I don't think I'll ever forget one day I spent making stories with all of them, I swear upon it! Not one day. That probably sounded pretty emotional and cheesy but what else is there to be said? They are simply the finest writers I've ever known

Apart from those lovely folk on the RP section

A special thanks to @Lemex whom I may not always agree with but I owe to teaching me a lot more about the classics, helping me find more reading material and just an all around great guy to talk to about anything. He really makes a fella think XD

18. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

19. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

I'm probably closest to @jannert, who was such a huge help to me in rounding my ms into shape. We converse a lot outside of the form on anything and everything. I also consider @Wreybies, @Cogito, @obsidian_cicatrix, @Lemex, @Mckk and @minstrel to be good friends, as well as @KaTrian and @T.Trian (although I haven't known them as long or as well). @TWErvin2 gives consistently sound advice in a low-key. matter-of-fact style that is extremely helpful, and @BayView's comments are always interesting. Members I know less well but always look forward to reading include @Link the Writer, @Duchess-Yukine-Suoh, @Shadowfax, @shadowwalker, @thirdwind, @Steerpike, @123456789, @GingerCoffee, @ChickenFreak and @daemon (I'm forgetting someone, I know, and I'm sorry).

There are a few folks I'd gotten to know who no longer seem to be active here - Mallory and Hiddennovelist, to name two. And there are a few (who will remain nameless) who have departed and left this a happier place for it.

20. jannert

Oh, shit. How could I forget to list @ChickenFreak ? The best example-generator on the planet, never mind the forum. And @peachalulu ...one of the most interesting and kindly writers we have. Omigosh. Many slaps with the wet noodle. Now who else have I forgotten?

auntiebetty likes this.
  21. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

@peachalulu! Ack!! I knew I was leaving someone out. @cutecat22 and @carsun1000 also spring to mind.

auntiebetty, carsun1000 and cutecat22 like this.
  22. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

Awww, Bless you, @EdFromNY

auntiebetty and EdFromNY like this.
  23. cutecat22

And me?! The one who always asks the seemingly stupid questions which then goes on to start a mass debate (or world war 3). I should change my avatar to The Devil's Advocate!

jannert likes this.
  24. cutecat22

I don't think there's anyone here who I don't like. There are people I listen to more than others and there are people I miss, but I do actually like everyone.

@Wreybies is my go-to guy for anything IT related, he's like, the IT God of the forum. But everyone here seems to have a little bit of knowledge about a lot of different things which is great for research. Anything that I can't find myself on t'internet, I can usually find an answer for here, be it flight times and helicopter parts or walkie talkies and drug use!

auntiebetty likes this.
  25. jannert

Another 'oh shit.' Sorry. And you're published as well, and I've downloaded one of your books ...which is waiting in the pile for me to read. I think I better take a look at that members list again! I did that one this morning off the top of my head ...which is pretty empty these days.

I should never have gone down this road, should I? Here's a load of people I left off the list which I created off the top of my head after one cup of coffee this morning. Mainly because I was listing the long-serving members I've most recently interacted with, consequently front of mind. But here goes...

@Ben414 who is always sensible, @Burlbird (love that freaked-out avatar!), @ChaosReigns, whose contributions are always positive, @Cogito (how could I have forgotten one of the longest-serving members? Probably because he's been somewhat quiet of late), @Andrae Smith (ditto, although he keeps in touch, lovely guy), @Commandante Lemming (one of the newer ones and a really interesting writer) the ever helpful @GuardianWynn , @Komposten, who seems to know his writing chops, @live2write (whom we don't see nearly enough of), the level-headed and helpful @Macaberz, @NigeTheHat , @outsider (fellow Yes guy), @Poziga (another person whose command of English is excellent, despite it being a second language) @Flying Geese, and some relatively new 'acquaintances' of mine whom I enjoyed corresponding with only yesterday, @Lea`Brooks , @Ivana , and @Lance Schukies.

Oh, there have got to be more.