Things you recently bought or got

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mashers, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Frozen Pants.jpg
    Stiff pants are the worst. :p

2. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

But you do understand that your post ^^^^ is kinda preachy, right? Because I don't see a difference between you and the street preacher here, aside from a difference in the specific philosophy you're preaching about.

Whenver someone starts stating their own spiritual opinions as fact, I'm out, even if I happen to agree with those opinions.

This, for example, is opinion, not fact. It may feel like a fact to you because you believe it so strongly, but it is an opinion nevertheless:
    Were you to say that to someone who was mentally ill, it could be damn dangerous, because it could lead to their thinking their issues were their own fault. That mindset would not be conducive toward their getting proper treatment.

Please stop doing this. Thank you.

Harmonices, Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  3. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

@Xander17 I appreciate your wisdom. However, I must agree with Shen on this one. Complex as may be, the brain functions using chemicals and electrical signals. Imbalance in these is not an action of will, and correction is not an act of will. Coping is partly an act of will, after intervention. Any persistent instability in the autonomic nervous system (emotions) requires intervention and direct treatment. After that, support is required for full recovery.
    I'm impressed with your progress in coping. Please encourage others to seek direct treatment, and by all means support us with reports on your progress. :)

4. Harmonices

Harmonices Senior Member

:-D

flawed personality likes this.
  5. Harmonices

Harmonices Senior Member

6 x green wrist sweatbands
    6 x grey/black sports headbands
    1 x bottle of Original Source mint shower gel
    2 x aloe vera and tea tree deodorant (it's almost as if there's some kind of mysterious pattern forming here..)
    4 x bottles of rose bath salts - from Poundland, they were £2 each the liars
    Pair of small wooden cups
    Pair of small wooden boxes
    Disposable plastic paint palette

ETA: and a bottle of Diet Coke, probably not quite as controversial as the Monster was

6. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

In my experience, anything claiming to be diet, less fat, or fat free is hideous. If I ever find anything to the contrary, you'll be the first person I tell. :p

Harmonices and Cave Troll like this.
  7. Xander17

Xander17 Hermit Archetype Supporter Contributor

I agree with Buddha, I think we are what we percieve and\or believe ourselves to be.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make our world." - Buddha

Harmonices and Cave Troll like this.
  8. Xander17

I now know you perceive it as preachy.
    I don't perceive it as preachy, therefore there's a glitch in the matrix for it can't be preachy and non-preachy at the same time.

The glitch of course is as I already mentioned, we live in a subjective realm, that is we all live in one reality but each individual can only perceive it subjectively. One experience, but two versions of it; you see preachy and I don't.

I also don't regard either of our intepretations as right or wrong. We just have different perceptions of reality. But my understanding is we humans will respond to reality according to our thoughts and feelings, thus if you're offended by what you perceive as my preachy attitude or you feel it could cause harm in someone who has soul dysfunctions, your response will be influenced by them, as denoted further down by asking me to refrain from sharing my thoughts on human nature.

If that is how you perceive it, then that is how you percieve it.
    How do I perceive it? What's my motive? What's my attitude towards Harmonices? What's my level of sensitivity towards folks with potential soul issues?

I'm different from you. I tend to continue to converse with someone who shares similar thoughts to me.
    If they claim their conclusions are fact, I'll ask them how they've determined it so, and what they mean by 'fact', as the term is often misused.

I agree. I've only shared my thoughts on the matter and haven't declared any of them as fact.
    Please describe how you came to the conclusion I believe my thoughts so strongly that I think they're facts.

It's a possibility it could cause them more harm than they're already experiencing.
    Equally, it could be a light bulb moment for them that sets them on the path to resolving their issues.

As one who was severely messed up, I profoundly benefited from such knowledge, while also witnessing other messed up folks recoiling from such ideas. You just don't know unless you share, then based on their responses, you can either continue or cease sharing any more.

Depending on the type of mental illness, becoming aware it's self created, inflicted and maintained can be the beginning to full healing. It was for me with my 2 types of Depression, a severe case of Anxiety Disorder, a bulk of fears and self worth issues, and suicidal tendencies since I was a child.

I therorise your life experiences differ greatly from mine, thus your perception and subsequent attitude of the subject matter of human nature and dysfunctions and how to resolve them will differ.

Meanwhile, because I don't see it as preachy, and as one who suffered from multiple mental issues for 40+ years, but now don't due to utilising ideas like the ones I shared, and due to the freedom allocated to all humans regarding expression of thought, how about I'll continue to share my thoughts and you can simply not read my posts, and we could both deal with the responses from those I was offering the info to as they occur.

9. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

I like the term soul dysfunction. That is very poetic. I would describe myself as being so, and I have diagnoses too. I have tried medication (of which I found only one to be truly beneficial), and I have experienced group therapy (which I enjoyed), and one-to-one therapy (which I did not). I would describe myself as a sensitive individual, and as such, there are a few people on here who I have blocked from view because they seem to have an adverse affect on my emotional wellbeing. Personally, I have never found your posts to be preachy, but as you said, different interpretations. But also different mentalities, and varied life experiences too. It all makes the individual, and no two people are ever exactly alike.

Xander17 and Cave Troll like this.
  10. Xander17

From what I've read, chemical imbalances as a cause of mental issues has always been a theory, and many in the field have either long ago abandoned this or are beginning to doubt it's accuracy. Of course, pharmaceutical companies and mainstream media still advocate it as fact, 'cus, $$$.

I was diagnosed with Chemical Imbalance Depression back in 2002, evidenced by Depression manifesting randomly without any triggering by harsh situations.

One such incident several years prior to diagnosis igniting me to explore my Depressions and fully curing myself 4.4 years after my initial diagnosis.

I was living the proverbial good life - married to my soul mate, two beautiful and healthy young kids, a well paid job where I was top in my field, just bought our first house, two cars, developing social life...the whole works.

I went to sleep actually smiling from how wonderful my life had become and showed no signs of decay. In fact, I saw it could only get better. I awoke in a severely depressed state, unable to return to a normal state for a few months.

That's called Endogenous Depression - something within triggers the Depression, it's not triggered by anything external. And I had zero things happening externally in my life at that time that would even cause a frown to manifest.

Thus researchers explored and created the theory of a chemical imbalance as the cause of this non-externally triggered Depression, and that's the type I had, along with Major Depression that is triggerd by harsh situations.

Turns out my Chemical Imbalance Depression had nothing whatsoever to do with chemicals and electrical signals. My randomly manifesting Depression was caused by one solitary negative subconscious belief about myself. After 4 years of soul exploration I finally saw this belief, removed it, boom, Endongenous Depression instantly gone. And from those 4 years of exploration and utilising increased understanding, I had also fully cured my Major Depression that was caused by other elements, also none of them being chemical or electrical signals.

So while some or many still hold to the notion that Depression is caused by chemicals and electrical signals, and they are free to hold onto those ideas, no bother to me, my experience is completely different, and I theorise what I learnt about my 2 types of depression, that is ,the structure of Depression shares similarities within all sufferers.

Since 2009 there is nothing to cope with. I'm fully free of all types of Depression. I wouldn't bother writing yet another book on coping strategies for Depression. My book describes the two types I had and how I fully removed them from my psyche. I'd inadvertently unravelled the mystery of my Depressions, thus perhaps the understanding I've acquired can help other sufferers.

Don't know what you mean by "direct treatment", but when I share my insights of my Depressions or human nature and our dysfunctions, I can't get any more direct than that...and I'll support anyone who dares to go on a soul journey to resolve their issues, as I always do when someone values what I've shared and has inspired them to figure things out.

PS. I may have misunderstood what you mean by 'cope'.
    Clarify if need be.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  11. Harmonices

Harmonices Senior Member

Deleted

12. Xander17

Cheers.
    I prefer that over mental illness or disease. It's poetic but it has a wealth of rational meaning behind it, therefore is satisfies both my mind and heart.

I'm still deeply sensitive, but due to soul healing and development...

"Fear not a jest. If one throws salt at you, you will not be harmed unless you have sore places." - Latin Proverb

"Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed." - Buddha

The 1st quote is about having no more soul wounds, and the 2nd is about an expanded capacity to handle life's difficulties.

Armour isn't required if you can't be harmed, therefore you can remain gloriously open to experience reality in a fuller way, and you have the freedom to be yourself and immerse yourself in any type of situation and more than adequately handle the difficult unwanted ones. Your positive attributes flourish and the negatives diminish.
    EG. my compassion for folks has greatly increased, my brotherly love for them, and my hatred and devaluing of them is non-existent. I may not appreciate their behaviour or words, but I no longer will hate or degrade the person for their imperfections.

I hear ya, though no longer offendable in social situations, the type of folks I will avoid are those with narcisstic traits - self-absorbed, close-minded and condescending or condemning regarding anything beyond their database of beliefs...I have found little joy or benefit in talking to brick walls.

The one thing I appreciate the most in social interactions is honesty.
    If a person doesn't like me or what I've said, I appreciate the person for telling me this as this information helps me navigate better. I know more about them and I'll use this to decide if a relationship can be formed or not. Negative opinions don't diminish my self-worth and no point hangin' out with someone that doen't like you.

13. Some Guy

I'm sure I'll have more to say, after I think about it. My concern for others still stands. Seek medical treatment for persistent emotional distress.

Shenanigator and Cave Troll like this.
  14. Xander17

Anyways, deeply enriching as human nature talk is, back to the thread topic...just got a message from the eBayer who still thinks I bought an item off him. Here's the complete convo...

Xander: Slow postage speed means you're not an Au seller, thus you're lying, thus adding you to my 'never buy from' list.

Clueless: dear friend ,patron?that item to you from hong kong,item to you need 25-45 days ,pls wait it patiently ,any questions you receive it ,just contact us ,hope you will receive it asap,kind regards!

Xander: Do you understand english?
    I have no intention of buying from an AU seller that takes over 2 weeks to post an item. You may be based in AU but your stock isn't, therefore you're not an AU seller. AU sellers take a week to post items.

Clueless: dear friend ,sorry for your long time waiting ,maybe your item is stuck or get lost on the road ,how about we refund you first to save your time ,is that ok ?wait for your news,kind regards!

Xander: Sure, refund me, if you can.

Clueless: fine ,pls check refund in your account in 72 hours,kind regards!
    ------------------------------------
    Have I just discovered a way to earn money for extremely little effort?
    Either that or I'm being expertly trolled, as often it's difficult to distinquish between a clueless person and a troller 'cus they both say extremely dumb shit.

flawed personality and Some Guy like this.
  15. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

I get your point, Xander. It is good. But still...

Psychology does not agree with that.

Psychiatry does not agree with that.

Social psychology does not agree with that.

Memetics does not agree with that.

Journalism (the science/research) does not agree with that.

Sociology does not agree with that.

Anthropology does not agree with that.

Common sense and life experience do not agree with that.

Neurobiology does not agree with that.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Shenanigator and Harmonices like this.
  16. Xander17

I think you're entitled to your opinion. May they serve you well...as do mine.
    I disagree with your conclusions for much of my understanding comes from people in these fields. Perhaps our reading material is different.

Plus, my experiences of sorting my shit out is directly acheived by taking responsibility for my dysfunctional behaviour, feelings and thoughts (particularly the ones residing in my subconscious), acknowledging I am the sole author of these dysfunctions thus having the innate ability to rectify what I created.

I share what's worked for me, and I'll suffer no adverse effects if folks have no use for them or think they're wrong. I'm now having a great life. The value other's assign to my thoughts on the matter has no bearing on the value I place on them and the great life that I worked so long and hard on achieving.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  17. Xander17

As do I. Far as I can tell I've never advised or intimated folks shouldn't seek medical treatment.
    I'm simply sharing what I've learnt within my own healing journey.

When the medical establishment states they currently have no cure for Depression ( one type of persistent emotional distress), that all they have is coping strategies, then by all means go get yourself some kick-ass coping strategies. I did and they work well. They were an important part of my journey.

But I decided to be just like the hundreds of dedicated researchers and personally explore my dysfunctions to increase understanding and see if I can figure my issues out beyond just being able to manage them so as not fuck up my quality of life.

I did , and cured all of the ones I know about. I see no problem with sharing my discoveries with others. Folks are free to do with this info in anyway they need to or desire.

18. Some Guy

So, I'm reading back through this thread, and it mentioned you wrote a book. Is the book about your experience with emotional distress and this soul journey you've made? PM me some details (title (Amazon?), genre), please. :)

19. Xander17

If this topic is to be continued I like to see all the relevant posts transfered to it's own thread, as it's off topic here.

During the meanwhile...

It's the 1st book I've written, the one I'm currently doing the final edit on before sending to publishers.

It describes in simple terms the exact nature of my two types of Depression and how simple it was to remove them both completely from my psyche\soul...once I gained enough understanding from the years of soul exploration, aided by the insights shared by folks from many fields regarding human nature.

The Intro describes a summarised journey of my life from childhood to the day I cured myself. The rest of the book gets into the details of how this was achieved. The main reason I'm writing the book is all books I've read on Depression only speak of managing the symptoms, mine talks about a full cure. I wouldn't waste my time writing another management book as there's heaps of excellent ones out there.
    David D. Burns - The Feeling Good Handbook being my fav.

Before I cured my Depressions I'd already resolved several other soul issues. All of them, including the Depressions, were all dysfunctions that caused various levels of emotional distress.

Sometimes the distress was subtle, thus you can still function in your day to day activities but you feel like the walking dead, you see a permanent bleak horizon and have little or no joy or enthusiam, you're just going through the motions; other times the torment was so intense it would push me to consider death was the only way to end the pain.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. Harmonices

Harmonices Senior Member

I received a book on herbal drinks yesterday. The recipes are super involved but they look amazing.

Xander17 and Cave Troll like this.
  21. Harmonices

Harmonices Senior Member

Pink peppercorns (any idea what I'm supposed to do with these, they looked so cute!)
    Towelling poncho. For being lazy in, after a bath. It's also 'hot pink' another theme. Odd, I'm not usually into pink.
    A second hand copy of Legendary Britain: An Illustrated Journey, for 1p (plus p&p), bargain!

[​IMG]

22. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I've seen them used, unground, as a garnish. Just scatter a dozen or so over whatever you're serving when you get to the plating stage.

23. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

The Humble Intro to Code Bundle. Over $1k's worth of lessons for life for just under £20

ETA: If anyone else is interested in the concept (it's focused on game development but does introduce computer languages) then here's the bundle's page.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Seven Crowns and Mark Burton like this.
  24. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

My Mjolnir pendant finally came in today.

25. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Hope you can lift it to your usual neck level...

Moon likes this.