Think Tank: Bullying

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JJ_Maxx, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Solar

Solar Banned Contributor

JJ,

I was stating some pretty well established facts.

Unless you don't think that humans depend on resources for survival?
    Scientists don't agree that humans are dependent on resources?

I still think your reasoning is false and misguided.

But out of respect to this thread, I won't continue to argue.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

All the best.

2. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I was discussing your statement that people were insensitive jerks if they didn't want to listen to someone 'pouring their heart out', especially when that someone bored people just getting started. The whole thing was kind of ironic, at least to me.

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

No no the jerk part comes in when you criticize said person without first hearing their opinion regardless of whether they are pouring there heart out or not.
    Do you understand?

4. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

The point is that there should be no jerk part in this at all...I think that is the point shadowwalker and everyone else is trying to make. The comment and its inference was rude. In all honesty, why should we waste five minutes listening to a whiny rant on YouTube?

People are way more willing to listen to an opinion when it is presented in a reasonable manner. That video doesn't really constitute a reasonable manner.

5. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

All right,Exzalia, I watched the whole thing.

My overall stance has hardly shifted from watching it.This guy is on an ego trip. He compares his being called pork chop to a girl with a mole covering half her face and a boy with drug and family problems. When he makes cartoon caricatures of the three of them, he has the audacity to put himself in the middle,even though I'd say his situation is hardly comparable to the other two. I'd much rather be fat from having a grandmother feed me too many pork chops than have a mole cover half my face.

He does not do what I had suggested. No statistics. No research. No thought out solutions of how to implement practical solutions. Just some angsty poetry, three stories, some weird cartoons, cheesy music, and a melodramatic narrative.

Even if he did state something of substance,I wouldn't be able to take it seriously just because of who is speaking.

Even if you don't agree with me,you at least ought to give me credit for wasting seven minutes of my life on that video.:D

6. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

You are much more stalwart than me...I only lasted four minutes and my brain was screaming...:rolleyes:

7. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I understood the first time. We don't have the right to say someone's video was boring because you interpret that as an attack on said person; you have the right to say people are insensitive jerks because you're not really calling them jerks.

8. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Thank you ;) I'm glad it was not just just me.

9. Exzalia

And that is a valid critsism, I disagree with you but at least you have the entire idea and not just a part of it. Critisizeing only part of an idea is just silly, knowing the full story and then passing judgment. That is what I like to see

so kudos

10. Exzalia

What? that's not what I am saying. I am saying that in my opinion, critisizing someone on an arguement you only know about 30% is rude / being a jerk because your passing judgment with out hearing all of their opinion.

Then I added this

(Not saying you are a jerk 123456789)

what is so hard to understand about what I am saying. It's no diffrent from Drakkin calling me rude. Which by the way I'm not throwing a hissy fit about.

Oh wait...it is diffrent because I wasn't refering to anyone

11. lauramaidah

lauramaidah Banned

What's different about this hissfit is that you guys aren't the misfits holding guns or the youth romanticizing them? A signif digit of our reading target, btw.