Third Earth 2: Quest For The Red Dragon Pearl

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Rodger ran quickly trying to outrun the bizarre storm that had appeared out of nowhere. He had to find his horse, it had all of his supplies on it. If the storm hit too soon the trail would be obliterated.
    "Shadow get over here now!" he shouted over the wind.
    The wind died down for a second, long enough for Rodger to hear a whinny ahead of him. He raced towards the horse, as the branches whipped his face and scratched his hands.
    He made it through the trees into a small clearing. There was Shadow. But the horse was acting strangely. He was turning in a circle and kicking at something.
    Rodger moved in closer to see what was happening. Goblins, at least five of them. They were trying to spear Shadow.
    Rodger paused long enough pull out two of his knives. Then screaming like a mad man, he threw them at the two nearest Goblins, and raced forward, his dirk in one hand, and another throwing knife in the other.

The Goblins who had been sitting peacefully by a fire, jumped to their feet in shock, as two of their companions fell over dead. They grabbed their weapons when they saw the insane person ran towards them,

2. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

"Rodger! Rodger, where are you?"
    Arthurus shouted, forgetting to be a little lady-like. She had gone beyond manners and simply started screaming like she was possessed. Finally, she heard brutal grunts. Now what was happening?

Tip-toeing and poking her head through a cherry bush, she gasped. Goblins were running against Rodger! How did this happen? What was that fautous man thinking to have ended up here? Arthurus watched as a larger goblin jumped towards Rodger, when Rodger tore open his stomach. Next he jumped at the shortest goblin and stabbed his head. Then he tried to cut open the last living goblin, but he was quick to blow a whistle. As she waited, fifteen goblins gathered around with weapons in their hands. Rodger would not live at this rate.

Arthurus would have liked this brutality, and massacre, but the person included was not her best choice. Fine, she wanted him dead, but now she was having second thoughts. Maybe she should let him live. If he can killed four goblins in insanity, he is definitely strong and brave enough to defend himself against Luzare.

But if she wants him to live, she needs to move. And fast.
    "Hey you little bugs!"
    Arthurus howled from the bushes, and then came out of them. The goblins stopped, and the insane man still roaring in anger. Arthurus gestured the goblins to come to a side.
    "Forgive my dear...brother. He's mentally incapable of judging the situation."
    She said as they retreated from him.
    "He killed four of us! And now he's coming for more!'
    Their leader screamed as Rodger advanced towards them. Arthurus took off her shoe and hit him with it.
    "I'm sorry for your losses. Will some money compensate?"
    Arthurus said in a merry voice, showing them a bag of gold. The leader fumed up and said:
    "I don't care if you give me a thousand of those. If he's mad, it's not our fault. It's your fault you didn't manage your brother."
    With that, the goblins prepared to slay Arthurus instead. I hate magic.

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Shadow was running again, stupid horse. More of the Goblins had come running as well. Too many for Rodger to fight. Time to run.
    Wait, what was she doing here?
    He had told the Lady to wait at the inn, while he got Shadow. He couldn't hear what she was saying but the Goblins seemed upset.
    Rodger saw them suddenly draw more weapons and advance on her.
    Gods Be Damned.
    He'd never find Shadow now, but he had to protect the Lady.

Rodger swiped wildly with his dirk at the three Goblins surrounding him. As they backed up, he threw the throwing knife in his left hand at the largest Goblin advancing on the Lady.
    Screaming, he lunged at one goblin, grabbing its spear as it desperately tried to stab him. Wrenching the spear out of the small creatures hands, Rodger held it firmly and spun catching a second Goblin in the face with butt.
    As the goblin fell he stabbed it with his dirk.
    He yelled in pain as the third goblin slashed his thigh.
    Rodger swung around trying to spear it, but the goblin jumped back keeping its short sword between it and the mad man.

Rodger saw the unarmed goblin running to find a new weapon. He also saw a pack of ten Goblins running towards him.
    He didn't think, he didn't plan, he ran. Directly at the Goblins.
    They weren't expecting it.
    Seeing the bloody giant swinging the spear like a club, they jumped out of his way.
    Rodger ran through the opening, knocking the one brave goblin who tried to stand firm, flying with his spear. As he ran past them, he felt their blades nicking and slashing at his legs. They hadn't been stupid enough to stand before him, they were trying to hit him from the sides, and the back. Injuring him enough to take him down.
    Swinging the spear more widely Rodger kept running. Adrenaline surged in his blood, the nicks and cuts would hurt later, for now he ignored them.
    He ran towards the Lady.

4. Charisma

Arthurus watched as Rodger went completely out of control, crazily killing off the goblins, though they were well-armed and outnumbered him. However, she watched closely without blinking how he got one goblin and then the next. Quietly she laughed, enjoying the scene. She knew she was being mean. But hey, she enjoyed it well.

Suddenly the fight wasn't funny anymore. Rodger was getting hurt. Arthurus gasped as he had weak defenses. She wanted to help him, but everything happened too fast. By the time she had decided what to do, she realized she she didn't have a choice. Rodger was running straight towards her, and Arthurus had no good idea what was on his mind.

"Goodness gracious! You've got mad."
    Arthurus moaned as she saw his wounds clearly. She had her eyes on the horse and the mule, believing that Rodger might be trying to escape.

5. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Why was she just standing there?
    "Run!" he shouted at her as he cleared the second group of goblins.
    Only five more remained between him and the Lady. They watched him coming, and seemed taken aback by his suicidal charge.
    Rodger slowed for a second, thrusting his hand into his tunic and pulled a throwing knife free. As the Goblins braced for his attack, he threw the knife from 5 feet away.
    As the middle goblin collapsed with the knife in his head. Rodger used the extra space and clubbed a goblin to the side, knocking it's small body into a second goblin.
    He dropped to his knees as a club nearly broke his leg. He spun around holding out his hand to catch the goblins hand as it swung again. His longer reach getting well within the goblins defences. The spear was driven deep into its stomach. It screamed.
    The last goblin raced around its fallen companion two large daggers in its hands. Rodger didn't have time to pull the spear out. Instead he swung it clumsily with the screaming goblin still attached. As the uninjured goblin staggered under the gruesome assault, Rodger lunged, driving his fingers deep into its eyes.
    He tried not to think about eggs as something popped under his fingers.
    The goblin who had been knocked down by his companion seconds ago, looked at Rodger and his bloody hands.
    It ran.
    "Lady get on the horse and ride," Rodger growled.
    He grabbed a short sword from the ground and a large dagger. Standing he turned to face the Goblins running towards him.
    He grinned. With his clothes covered in blood, his face sweaty, gore dripping from his fingers, and a goblin screaming and stumbling behind him, Rodger looked like a monster. The Goblins stopped.
    Rodger knew he couldn't possibly beat them all, not with his wounded legs, he had to bluff.
    "I am Sir Rodger of Redcliff Keep. I have defeated half your number. And I would dearly love to kill the rest of you. But I have sworn an oath to protect my Lady. If I must continue killing you," he spat at them, "my Lady might come to harm. If you agree to take your wounded, and leave I will spare your lives. If you continue to fight, you will all die. If you attempt to ambush us, I will leave you alive, but maimed. How kindly will your clan accept you back if you return home without your arms, or blinded, or or legless?" he paused letting his threat sink in. "I offer you mercy. Do you accept?"

6. Charisma

Arthurus grinned in embarrassment. She was too consumed in the fighting scene to realize she must begone. When rodger finally turned into an ape, Arthurus disappeared through the bushes. Well, he possibly didn't know she had been planning to kill him. Time to finish off the deal.
    Arthurus pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket, and started to read from it. It seemed to be little other than nonsense and gibberish, but she read it anyway. The birds nearby twittered in fright and carried the words in their mouth to Scar.

Hearing Rodger's voice, she realized he was one strong of a man. She peeked through a bush and eyed them as the goblins let go of their arms, holding their heads in grief and composing lenghty sentences of mourning. When Arthurus turned back, Scar was right in front of her.
    "Scar - I need to talk to you.'
    'Yes, M'Lady? I have found out where the man is heading. In my opinion, he's fighting those goblins, isn't he?"
    "I know, I know. But you mustn't do what I asked you to."
    "But M'Lady, I thought you want him dead."
    "Yes, yes, but my plans have changed. Now leave. And keep the money."
    Scar nodded in confusion and vanished like he had never been there. Arthurus hoped Rodger hadn't heard her.

7. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger stared at the Goblins as they picked up their dead and wounded. When they picked up the weapons including Rodgers, he was tempted to tell them to stop. But at that point he was having trouble standing. Let them keep the weapons as compensation for their loses.
    He locked his knees, trying to keep them from shaking. He wasn't bleeding hard from any one wound, but the numerous grazes and slashes were causing him to become light headed. His pants were practically nonexistent from the crotch down, and his knee was swelling horribly from the club. Unfortunately if he showed any sign of weakness the goblins would swarm him.
    So he stood glaring at them beside Shadow, keeping his stolen sword and knife at his side ready to swing into action. He also thought about what had happened.
    He had seen Shadow running in the opposite direction away from him. How had the Lady gotten the horse back? And why had he attacked the goblins like that? Certainly Shadow had been in danger, but that had been nearly suicidal.
    Wait. How had Shadow gotten away? Rodger couldn't remember, he hadn't even remembered getting the horse ready to leave. What was going on?
    He kept his face impassive until the goblins had left the clearing. Wearily he got into the saddle.
    Now where had the Lady gotten to?

8. Charisma

Arthurus walked back silently, and almost screeched in terror when she caught glimpse of Rodger.
    "You certainly have done much damage to yourself."
    Arthurus said spontaneously, feeling guilty. Had she not made that stupid illusion, Rodger wouldn't be in this terrible shape. She could have just told him to get lost. Now, he had almost made a suicidal attempt in order to save her. From trouble she herself called.

"I'm so sorry..."
    Arthurus nearly wept, covering her mouth in embarrassment. How silly of me.Then, as if she finally realized what she should be doing instead of being a prima donna, she immediately clicked her fingers, saying:
    "Abracust Denex."
    Immediately, a wave of magic returned to her staff, and apparently, Rodger was back to reality. She secured the mule in her hands, and then grabbed hold of the horse.
    "I don't think we are in a position to travel like this. But we should be out of here and quickly. So, I believe we should get to a healing spring. I know of one just near the motel."
    She said, and quite rougishly, pulled the horse in her direction.
    "And no arguments."

9. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

"Agreed, my Lady. As long as we return to the inn afterwards to buy you a horse," Rodger told her.
    Grimacing he rode Shadow, slowly follow the Lady. He didn't trust her. His mind was seemed clearer for some reason. His reason seemed to have vanished when he had chased after Shadow, and it was foggy, but it seemed like the Lady had been there when Shadow had vanished. Then he had been partly mad in his desperation to get the horse.
    Now after the Lady returned to his side, his mind was clearing. Letting him realize exactly what he done. It had been stupid.
    Goblins may be weak, but in those numbers attack was suicidal. Only the insanity driving him had made him appear like a vicious, unstoppable monster to them.
    Because he had been.

They reached the spring a short time later. Rodger slid off the saddle landing in an untidy sprawl. Without removing the remains of his pants, or his boots, he waded into the spring. The Lady watched from the bank, as he washed the blood from his skin, and the dirt from his wounds.
    There was something in her eyes. Was it guilt? Or maybe fear. He couldn't tell.
    The healing waters stopped the bleeding, and soothed the pain. The wounds were still there, and they would leave some nasty scars, but they were closed at least, and would heal faster as long as he didn't reopen them.
    The Lady helped bandage the worst ones, before he put on another pair of pants.
    "Now my Lady," Rodger said finally speaking. "We are going to get you a horse. If those goblins have more companions, which they undoubtedly do, they are probably regaining their courage and planning to ambush us. The best hope we have is to outrun them."

10. Charisma

Arthurus nodded, knowing that this would cause trouble. She would never go back to the motel. Luzare would be there, waiting for her. She couldn't risk it. But she played along, hoping Rodger would forget. He didn't.

Arthurus formed a weak frown, saying:
    "Well...I don't think we'll need a horse. I'm not hurt, only you are. Then again...goblins are dumb creatures. They couldn't possibly track us down."
    Arthurus had the feeling Rodger had caught her in some way. Maybe she shouldn't have removed the illusion...but it would be removed anyways in a day. Nevertheless, she tried her best to look completely calm and full of life. To make sure he didn't become angry, she said:
    "Or we could get a horse up ahead, if it's so necessary."

11. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger did his best not to laugh out loud at this.
    "My Lady," Rodger said putting an edge in his voice. "Those Goblins are anything but dumb. Savage, unwilling to use the basics of civilization that doesn't involve weapons, cowardly, and weak, yes. Dumb, never. Especially when it comes to tracking down prey. There is a reason Nobles at the edge of the realm allow Goblins to live, we use them frequently to hunt down criminals and wild animals in the worst terrain. Only people in the cities far from the true wilderness think they are dumb," he took a breath. "The only reason I survived was because I ambushed them, and fought like a mad man, I scared them. When they strike, and they will they will be the ones ambushing us. And they will want blood."
    He looked at her trying to see her soul. What was she hiding?
    "Now, why don't you want to go back to the inn?" he asked, keeping his hands at his side very close to his sword and dagger.

12. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Eirian threw back her head and laughed. "Well, then, it's probably good to have them still around. Those things don't come cheap you know." She turned, looking at the distruction around her.

The canibals, were splayed out around them, an obscene tablau. Eirian turned her gaze upwards. The greyness of the day was covered by dark clouds. Squinting her frosted eyes against the snow, Eirian looked at Rahania. The elf was covered in blood.

"We should leave. Before there are more. Besides," She said, grinning at Rahania. "I think we both need a bath. Not to mention clean clothes."

She whistled sharply for Ares and he came trotting out of the dark green furn bushes, small clouds of snow following in his wake. The gelding followed, scared off in the fight the moment Rahania had launched herself off his back. She cleaned the axe with the edge of her cloak, re-sheathed it in the holster attached to Ares saddle then searched for her sword. She found it buried in the back of a canibal.

With a flick of her wrists, Eirian jerked it out of the body, grimacing at the trail of blood left on the blade. Both her weapons would need a good cleaning and sharpening soon.

Eirian sheathed her sword in it's scabbard, walked to Ares and swung herself into his saddle. "We'll stick to the path in the forrest. Going through the open valley will leave us wide open for attack. There's an inn on the otherside of the vally. I think we may be further away to rest one night. That way we can clean up, eat something decent other than bread and cheese and gain new clothes."

Rahania nodded as they both turned to the eastern path. Eirian winced as a sharp pain errupted in her side. She looked down. Blood was soaking through her leather jerkin. Damn. She must of gotten injured in the fight.

Pressing her hand hard against her side, she smiled at Rahania as though nothing was wrong. I just hope to get to a healer soon before this thing gets infected.

13. Charisma

After a lecture-like reply from Rodger, Arthurus tried to come up with something witter. Maybe she could make up a story about sending them off with magic? Naah, I'll sound dumber than what I sound right now. However, before Arthurus could think of something, Rodger finally asked.
    Arthurus shrugged, thinking of a good answer. She had no problem in getting a horse, but from the inn...no way. But how could she explain to this strange person...
    "Well...I just don't want to. It's not important. The important part is, we should be on our way, even if on foot. Forget the inn for God's sake."
    She said, twirling her shawl at the ends. Her confidence in herself went shattering every other minute.

14. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger sighed.
    He was a fool and a madman for thinking this had been a good idea.
    Quickly he unstrapped the saddle bags and pack from the mule. He emptied half of the bags onto the ground. Most of the cheap rations, his eating bowl, utensils, some clothes and other non-essentials went onto the ground. He also dumped the contents of all but one of his canteens, they could be refilled later. He needed to lose all the weight he could, before heading off.
    Grabbing the reins of the mule, he turned to the Lady. "Lady, I am afraid this is where we part ways. Take the mule, he can walk further then you can, run faster then you can and you will probably require it. The Goblins, I believe, will be mostly interested in me. So you should be safe. Please be careful."
    Rodger began packing his now much lighter bags on his horse.

15. Charisma

Arthurus turned bright red, pretty angry. She had been wretching herself out for this man? Giving him food and shelter, saving him from her arch enemy, taking him to the healing springs and even having a bit of remorse for her mistakes! She was an idiot to have thought that this could work. They were simply too distrusting of eachother to make this work.

Arthurus pushed away the mule, which grunted in shock as she turned away in arrogance.
    "Go where ever the winds take you, Sir Brave. I have been a fool to have helped you so far."
    She shot back at him, trying to keep a line of respect in between.
    "I do not need your help, may it be your lavishing words or sickened mule! Thank you for defending me all this time, but you're right. It's time we parted."
    With that, Arthurus went off course, not even going through her words. So what if Luzare killed him? Or even the goblins? He deserves it.

Arthurus kept fuming more and more, near to boiling her ownself.

16. Nadala

Nadala Banned

Rahania looked towards Erian, she looked uncomfortable in her saddle as though she was sitting on thorns. Rahania frowned perhaps she should not have been so exuberant with the men back there. Whilst her own safety was of no concern to her it was selfish of her to put Erian in harms way after she had helped her. She thought to say sorry but didn't wish to speak right now. The peace of night was best left unbroken. In the sky above some of the thick grey clouds started to break apart and through the thinning blanket the moonlight filtered through. The valley sloped upwards like the curve of a woman's breast the incline silted with a thick white powdering of snow. The two horses made a dizzy pattern as they moved through the snow, Mange jogged behind them leaping over imaginary branch's and stones in his efforts to keep up. As they weaved their way through the last of the jutting stones and over the lip of the embankment The Inn sat alone nestled between to well travelled roads. Fire light making the glass windows glimmer in invitation. As the moved towards the stable at the back of the inn a stable hand looked up from a handful of hay he was feeding to an doe eyed filly. He looked from Erian to Rahania and dropped the hay in shock. Rahania shock her head remembering the blood soaked rags she was wearing, the boy must have been scared out of his wits.

"Father, father," he shouted as he ran towards the inn he stumbled over himself in the snow and Rahania jumped from her horse to silence his cries. Erian manoeuvred Are's over before she could get any further and grasped her shoulder.

"Father, father," the boy shouted again. "Erian's here and she has brought a companion. I think they're injured."

"Well boy," a gruff voice shouted from inside. "Don't be a fool and tell them to come in, and when you're done there water their horses and stable them." From inside Rahania could here heavy footsteps knocking against timber floors a large hulk of a man stepped outside. His hair was like fire long and red with a large shaggy beard to match it that flowed well down his chest. Erian jumped from Are's with a whimper as she hit the snow. Rahania looked to her with concern then looked down as she felt Mange's cold nose touch her hand. She patted his head.

"All is well Mange, looks like we'll keep warm tonight," she said patting his soaked head.

17. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

"Very well Lady," Rodger said. "Although I would recommend you walk very quickly in this case. It was interesting traveling with you," he bowed to her one last time.
    Without another glance at the fuming woman, Rodger repacked some of the supplies he had dropped back into the saddle bags. Quickly and efficiently he strapped all but the most essential things onto the mule. He kept the last of his rations, the one water bottle, money purse, and his weapons on himself. Strapping his padded armour on, he wrapped his cloak around his body. The mule got the rest. If he had to run he was willing to lose the mule and the supplies on it.
    Better to live with only his weapons, then die with easily replaceable supplies.
    Finally he was ready to go. Mounting his horse, he headed towards Intharisp, he had a library to see.

18. Raven

Raven Banned

An Orc warlord stepped forwards watching. Behind him stood a small band of orcs about 12 all armed with their crud swords and axes. Some had red paint across their faces.

The worlord stepped fourth watching. "Dis Iz Da Time For a Clobbering." He said looking back at the others.

19. Charisma

Arthurus calmed down a little, and realized that Rodger wasn't all that wrong. If the goblins catch her, even if she becomes Super woman she would not be able to defeat them. She was tired from all the spells and wanted to get to Intharisp and quick.

Wait, she heard grunt. Or was she being silly. No, she wasn't. She turned around. Nothing. Hmmph, I need to get moving. Probably the birds. She hastened her pace, breathing heavily since a breeze had just started. She then heard a distorted voice from behind. Who was it?

Arthurus dared not to turn back. Shadows of ferocious creatures hovered over here. Not moving, but she knew they were waiting for her to do something. Something. Arthurus turned wildly, as if the wind had spun her. Oh my, oh my.
    "Umm...hi?"
    She smiled, as a group of 12 orcs looked at her with anger.
    "Well, I do know how to make a nifty dinner, but not today...why don't you drop by ten years later?"
    With that Arthurus gulped down her saliva, and ran, pulling out her flying carpet and laying it on the flowing wind, commanding:
    "Move it! I'll clean you later! Right now, give me the best you've got!"

Behind her, an army of greenish yellow orcs followed her. Oh please, Rodger, jump from the sky or blow up from lava. HELP!

The fattest orc fastened his machete, pulling it back from one side and aimed it at Arthurus, now seated on the flying carpet. She immediately sprayed magic on the machete, turning it to liquid which now poured onto the feet of a closer orc, and he snorted in disgust. As she picked speed, a storm of maces fell onto her. She jumped off her flying carpet, rolling in the air, screaming:
    "Decarta Indes!"

Slowly, Arthurus felt her energy drain away when the darkness spread across the lands. It was a hailstorm this time, leaving little energy in Arthurus for an acid rain. Jumping back onto the carpet, the orcs were now aiming with two-headed axes to cut her off. Arthurus fell the need for armor and lifted her carpet higher, jumping into the trees. This confused the orcs which were expecting a fiercer fight.

"Finid der off."
    The leader said, and the orcs invaded the tree, cutting it from bellow and throwing a handful of maces at the tree top. To their surprise, she wasn't hurt. In fact, they saw her prepared for battle, in her diamond gown. In an attempt to jump back onto the carpet, she fell down, her carpet soaked and almost ruined by the hailstorm. The orcs now speeded on her, and Arthurus had no choice but to scold herself for have not taken the mule and otherwise, ran.

The orcs naturally caught up on her, Arthurus made use of her small frame and kicked into the shorter one's face, sliding onto his back and pulling out his machete.
    "Ged offed!"
    He grunted, and pulled her off from the back, at which Arthurus stabbed his face. Before another retaliation, two orcs pulled her by her wrists, at which she kicked into one's leg and bit into the other's wrist. A fierce orc rotated his war axe in his hand, growling as he came forward to finish her. Arthurus jumped up, not high enough to miss the shot, but reduced damage. Her knee was bleeding angrily, but ignoring the pain she pulled out a sword from this orc's back.

The orc sunk his machete into Arthurus's back flesh, at which she cut through his spinal cord. Arthurus, was almost unconscious, but she did not give up as of yet. The orcs climbed on her and she used her cutting diamonds as a brief defense, knowing she needed more since her magic were almost done. She rolled onto the ground, allowing an orc's skirt to be stuck to her gem at which she grabbed his war shark, at which the entire group jumped on her. Cutting through the body of one and the mouth of another, she managed to pull out. Quickly, she rolled out her magical orb and said:
    "Final Retaliation! Oper!"
    Arthurus's beautiful eyes fell pale as the last part of magic went away. The storm became a fierce blizzard, and the underdressed orcs angrily moved away from her for a bit. Arthurus quickly took chance and started to run around trying to cut off every single orc's head. Impossible.

Arthurus finally decided to retreat. She grabbed hold of her only one important possession - her identification scroll, after dodging an orc and ducking under one's body into the bushes. She had left her previous gown out in the rain, including all her possessions. Quickly, she caught breath, seeing the orcs coming back for her. She pleaded for the carpet to come, but it didn't. Oh no. She's going to die.

Finally, she saw a desperate strip of fabric whoosh towards her. Hopping onto it, she let out all her energy to fly away. She didn’t know if she would make it. But she felt she would. In fact, she probably did. She saw Rodger’s funny looking mule as she finally dozed off to sleep. Or death.

20. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger walked down the narrow path to the road. He watched the trees closely, wondering when he would catch up to the foolish woman.
    Shadow flicked his ears as if he heard something, and stopped dead. Rodger stopped breathing, pulling out his stolen sword.
    Nothing was around him. At least nothing he could see.
    Slowly, cautiously, lying as far forward in the saddle as he could while every instinct in him telling him to run, he made Shadow edge forward.
    His heart stopped for moment.
    There were at least a dozen orcs on the path, facing the Lady. He could make them out through the trees. If they looked away from her they would see him.
    Crap, crap, crap.
    He tried to see if he could get around them, but the forest while not dense was full of brush that would make any attempt to leave the path suicidal.
    Crap, crap, crap.
    Ah no, he thought, as he saw the orcs advance on the Lady as she took off running. He jumped off Shadow, spinning the horse around. He slapped it on the rump hard enough to make it run back to the spring. Grabbing the mules reins he pushed it around facing the woods, and slapped it even harder forcing it to run.
    It made a terrific noise as it tore through the bushes terrified. At the same time Rodger yelled, "SCATTER!"
    Rodger took off away from the mule, and his horse, into the thickest part of the bush. He prayed that he was silent enough the Orcs wouldn't hear him, as he slid through the bushes.

21. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Erian grunted softly as she was ushered inside the back door of the inn, and up the stairs. Both her and Rahania were shown into a large room. Two beds, both made were up against the far wall. Fur rugs covered the floor and there was a roaring fire casting a soft glow into the room with a large pot ready for use. There was also a large wooden wardrobe and a table with four chairs.

Walking as quickly as she could to the window, Erian peered out into the gloom before drawing the curtains.

"I'll send Marie up to deal with ya until I can close the tavern. Been quiet lately, so I shant be to much longer."

"Thankyou, Rafiro." Eirian nodded.

Rafiro gave her a quick smile. "No need lass. You and yer friend can rest here as long as you see fit. Liam will bring yer things up for you. I will send for hot water and food as well." He nodded at Rahania then closed the door behind him as he left.

Eirian walked to the window again. All this trouble for the red dragon pearl? Damn. If I can keep that queen bitch from getting her paws on it, then it will be worth it.

-----------------------

(SRY, got too late to post more... :D)

22. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger heard the Orcs scream in rage, and loud cracking sounds as they ran through the trees. It was hard to hear over the hail that had arisen, but it sounded like they weren't heading straight towards him.
    Maybe they hadn't heard him. It had started hailing about the same time he shouted.
    Resting behind a bush, he rubbed his sore legs. Now what?
    He was walking through woods filled Orcs, and Goblins wanting his head. He only had some food, water, money, and his weapons with him. His distraction hadn't worked at splitting the Orcs up, and sending them in the wrong directions. And he was injured.
    Only one thing to do really. He got back to his feet and keeping low, continued walking through the bush as the hail bounced off his cloak and head.

23. Charisma

Arthurus landed in a silent and dazing valley edge, away from the snowstorm, the orcs and perhaps Rodger. The carpet was done for now, ripped apart and no longer usable. Arthurus was a frightening woman to see; her hair blown up like a bomb, but settling down with the cool breeze, her back and legs soaked with blood and rashes all over her face and hands. But still, a smile remained stagnant on her face. Her orb was useless, her staff was dead, and her shimmery diamond gown was a terrible mess. And that's all she could've wrote.

24. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger kept his face pressed against the dirt. He could just make out the Orcs' feet from under the leaves of the bush.
    The large monster sniffed the air noisily. Rodger thanked the God's that he was just upwind of the monster. It might be able to smell him faintly, but it shouldn't be able to pinpoint him.
    He hoped.

Rodger had been moving purposefully for the last hour, using all of his skills to stay a few feet ahead of the Goblins and Orcs. If they had seen him at the beginning of the hunt, or if there were more of them, they would have killed him by now.
    As it was, they were only getting him in an ever tighter noose. If he hadn't seen the rabbit running away, obviously more terrified of what was behind it then Rodger, he wouldn't have had time to hide.
    The orc walked back into the woods. Rodger allowed himself to breath.
    He waited until he heard a small animal moving in the bushes. If the animals were moving, it should be safe.
    Stepping out of the bushes, looking around, he saw the source of the noise. A tiny goblin. It jumped in fright upon seeing Rodger.
    He lunged at trying to knock it down with his staff before it could summon others. The goblin fell backwards, screaming.
    Horns sounded close by, summoning the hunters.
    Rodger fled into the woods, leaving the frightened Goblin alive.
    He had to find a place to hide.

25. Charisma

Arthurus woke up from her delayed slumber, watching the sky as it twinkled each time she blinked. It was dark as ever, but the enchating glow of the mon kept her alive and refreshed. She stretched out her arms, smiling widely. She felt like a new being. Too new.

Slowly, things started to come back to her. From her fight to the encounter with the orcs, she keep trembling in disgust as to what happened. But then...how did she feel so well? Her wounds were clean, since she didn't see any blod on herself. Seh didn't feel pain. Instead, she felt all slimy.

She got up, tryign to brush off her gown. It was then that she noticed the stickiness of her hands. Her rubbed them gently, and then gasped.
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    She screamed out loud, almost flabbergasted. She ran across the valley, grabbing hold of her blackened orb and stinking carpet. She then ran her fingers across her newly lamented wooden staff, which had lost the tickling feelign of magic it used to hold.

She then fell down on her knees, surprised. Her powers were gone, as she tried to do things. For that matter, trapped. Trapped in this anti-life reaction to the fight. She watched as her skin-drops fell to the ground. She was melting.

Well, no big. She could have it fixed in a jiffy. It was just her immune system trying ot heal her wounds, but due to that her powers overwhelmed her. Now, she needed to go to Intharisp, not only for the pearl but also for her life. If she didn't reach there by tomorrow's sunset, she would be melted away completely.

But she couldn't waste time thinking about this. Quickly, she grabbed her weaponry and started to climb the mountains, beyond which lay the Tribula pass which led to the city of Intharisp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.