Third Earth 2: Quest For The Red Dragon Pearl

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Kariv suddenly became moody, sitting down as recalled how her grandmother used to play with her. For a moment, she didn't believe she could've done this to anyone, and looked at him suspiciously. There must be something about this man which I don't know. She then rubbed her eyes, so that her tears wouldn't be visible.
    "We don't know. But I know for sure it's the same guy who is always after her."
    She than fell back on her back, and said in between sobs:
    "Curse Grandpa. Why couldn't he leave her alone?"
    Feeling exposed, she dried her tears with her shirt and said:
    "Sorry. I just really, really didn't want this to happen to her."

Luzare walked rushily through the lands. He had just seen dragons floast away, and felt cautious. But surely he wasn't far.

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    "It's alright. These things are never easy," Rodger said.
    Rodger started preparing the supper letting the girl have a chance to think. He began cursing the various Gods that might have had a hand in putting him in this situation to begin with. Maybe he was becoming the straight man for every weird and wacky idea the Gods could come up with.
    Something she had said struck him. "Your grandfather killed your grandmother? Why would he do that?" He thought of something else. "What was your grandmothers name anyways? I'd like to finally know what I should call her."

3. Charisma

Kariv was still thinking of her grandmother when he suddenly asked:
    Kariv let out a sigh and before an answer could be given, he asked:
    Kariv nodded, as in a reassurance that she'll answer them. Then, after sitting down with crossed legs, she said:
    "My grandmother's name was Arthurus Dephline, and renowned lady of her town. She married grandfather when she was just my age, who was a very violent man. He put her under a curse and tortured her. She escaped him with a divorce just before my mother's birth, and since then she has kept my mother and all of us under cover from him. He never wanted my grandmother to be happy."

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger nodded his head hearing for the first time the name of the Lady. He'd heard of her. Court rumours abounded about the family. Nothing concrete, and they stayed out of the lime light.
    "Your grandmother should have hired someone to kill him," Rodger said. "There's always someone willing to remove an inconvenience. I wonder if that was why she wouldn't tell me her name. Trying to keep me from spreading it around."

5. Charisma

Kariv listened to his suggestion promptly, and without makign any coment on the rest of his words, murmured:
    "I always said that to her. My mother and granmother oftne had fights on this issue. I don't know why she didn't get him killed, but must've been some weird reason."
    Luzare scented fire nearby. He laughed heartily and tip-toed towards the smoke emerging from amongst the trees.
    "Here I come, Rodgery Wodgery."

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger heard the man walk out of the bushes. The flames had destroyed his night sight, but his hearing was perfect.
    Without thinking he grabbed the largest flaming branch in the fire and tossed it at the blurry figure. His glove was scorched but his hand remained unharmed, as the flaming log caused the man to jump aside.
    Rodger flicked his wrist letting his throwing knife fall into his hands and leapt at the figure looking for blood. He couldn't see well enough to throw, but whoever this was, was off balance, and Rodger wasn't willing to wait for his night sight to recover while the man lived.

7. Charisma

Kariv got up, her crossbow ready. She aimed for the man, but stopped dead in her track.
    Grandpa...Grandpa...why can't you just leave us alone?!
    She gulped down, and briefly looked back at Rodger. He was trying to shoot him out with a stick on fire, which hit his foot and he yelped in pain. How pathetic.
    She stopped Rodger as he tried to attack once more. She was being silly, she knew, but Rodger was in no condition to move. And if he tried to be all manly they'd never be able to move by tomorrow.

Shooting three arrows at once, she took off Luzare's hat which felt onto the ground. He successfully dodged the arrows and grew within the diameter of his palms a bolt of lightning and threw towards Kariv, who quickly grew a wall of mud with cracked with the lightning and fell. Kariv didn't like him - he was a qualified curser and she didn't want any more curses.

She turned into an eagle and disappeared in the treetops. As Luzare grumbled and tried to find her, she jumped on him from behind, back to her human self. Taking chance, she bit him on the neck.

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Kariv got in Rodgers way, as he charged the man.
    "Stupid girl!" he shouted at her.
    He covered his eyes and rolled out of the way, when he saw sparks rise from the mans hand. More bloody magic, he cursed silently in his mind, even as a wall of earth blocked the lightening.
    He used the horse that was trying to flee the fighting even as it was hobbled for cover. Grabbing his crossbow, he loaded it and aimed it at the wizard, as the girl dropped from the sky. He couldn't be sure of a hit in that wild melee.
    Dropping the crossbow, he grabbed his dirk and his short sword. If the wizard didn't have a head he couldn't cast magic.
    Rodger once more ran into the fight, his previous exhaustion forgotten.

9. Charisma

Luzare growled as Kariv's secretions entered his throat. His eyes hurt as Kariv fell down, dead for the time being. Luzare then opened his eyes and fell onto his knees, as the arrow almost cut his head.

"Rodger! Stop!"
    He cried, shielding himself with an electric shield.
    "I'm Kariv!"
    He cried once more.

10. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger almost stumbled as the man fell to his knees. But even the man saying he was Kariv, didn't stop him entirely. It did change his next action though.
    The flat of the short sword hit the man hard on the side of the head.
    The man fell stunned with a nasty bruise already forming.
    Rodger looked closely at the person. It was dark but he was certain it was the man he had attacked earlier protecting the Lady.
    Well he had some time before the fellow woke up. He hog tied the wizard, and used some thread to tightly bind his fingers. A shirt that used to belong to the dead messenger was shredded and bound the wizards jaws almost shut. He would be able to mumble intelligibly, but saying any spells would be difficult.
    Finally he went to look over Kariv's body. It was already cold. He closed her eyes, and laid the body down in the shade.
    Then he grabbed the pail of healing water and lightly dabbed it on the bruised wizard. He waited for it to take effect sitting four feet away from the wizard, the crossbow pointed at the wizards chest and his other weapons waiting beside him.

11. Charisma

(Never mind this post...)

12. Raven

Raven Banned

After a while the Wizard eventually opened his eyes. Rodger looked shocked as the Wizards eyes began to glow yellow like light beams in the dark. The Wizard rose up levitating above Rodger who somehow found himself frozen by something. His muscles and joints still and unable to fire the crossbow.

"You come closer than you might think to your goal warrior. Queen Mortina Seeks this Pearl you search for. You must defeat the great red dragon before you may claim this pearl." The wizards eyes dimmed to a red then became a bright red.
    "She see's you through me. She knows of your quest."
    Suddenly his voiced changed
    "Ha ha ha ha. Fool do you think you are better than I. I think not. I know of where you are and I will dispatch my Knights for your soul." The voice returned to the wizards.
    "My body is dying now. why did you give me that potion. Ah it matters not I shall be reborn. I breath my life into your friend." The wizard suddenly vanished leaving a puff of smoke that fell down and amalgamated with Kariv's body.

13. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger started cursing. He didn't care who heard, he just started yelling at the top of his lungs, cursing the bloody gods, his father, and the world.
    Finally he stopped yelling.
    Dousing the fire, he placed Kariv's body on the horse, tying her on. He placed the saddlebags, Kariv's pack and his saddle on his back and started walking.
    He wouldn't be able to travel far, his legs and the horse weren't capable of it, but they could at least move a few miles from this apparently god forsaken forest.

14. Raven

Raven Banned

And then he heard a noise............

15. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger stopped the horse. If necessary he would slap it sending it running through the woods. For now it was better to keep it at his back where it could keep an arrow from hitting him.
    He dropped the packs on the ground, they were dead weight.
    Drawing his sword he glared into the woods. His free hand held his cloak over his chest, feeble protection, but better then nothing.
    "I've had a bad day," he said, his voice leeched of all emotion. "Whoever is out there show yourself or die."

16. Charisma

Kariv woke up gradually, yawning in midst of it. Her eyes were tiered and she didn't remember a thing about the day. Except something like meeting a man. And then joining him or something. Everything was so blur.
    She freaked out he roared, feeling apprehended. Then, very neatly, her cut off the rope with her dagger, and got ready for action.
    "Yeah, so whoever you are, I'm awake. So you'd know."
    She whispered, trying not to anger him.

17. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

"Get ready to fly Kariv," Rodger said, scanning the woods. "Something is out there, and Queen Mortiva knows where we are."
    Whatever it was in the woods, it sounded like it was coming towards them.

18. Charisma

Kariv nodded, tranforming into an eagle with a dagger and her pack in her claws. She used her eagle eyes to screen the woods, and gasped. She wasn't sure what it was - but nothing beautiful.

19. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Something black charged out of the woods. It moved quickly, darting from side to side with surprising grace.
    Rodger waited, watching it even as the horse fled in fear. At the last second he dodged to the side, trying to slice it as it went past.
    His sword clanged as it hit the things claws, causing his sword to vibrate painfully in his hands.
    He spun around doing his best to keep the creature in front of him.

20. Charisma

Kariv rose high up in air, dizzing as the fast creature keep moving. Shecouldn't identify it, but it wasn't something as terrible as she had thought. Nevertheless it was making her feel headless and she zoomed over the creature's head, nearly touching it. She dropped her equipment onto a branch and turned back to her normal self, preparing to change the landform. The land erupted into hills, leaving Rodger in a small depression. She kept playing with the land, hoping to stumble the creature.

21. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger looked around in amazement and fear, as the ground rose up around him. He could no longer see the creature. Worse the creature had plenty of concealment allowing it to pounce on him from any direction.
    Letting the hem of his cloak drop from his hand he withdrew the dirk. This was going to get nasty, and he wouldn't have time to throw the knife. Not with the way the ground shifted and the creature moved.
    A mound rose higher just in front of him. He charged up it, hopping more then running to keep his balance. As he neared the top the creature jumped, attacking the hollow he had just been standing in.
    Rodger raised his sword, slashing at the thing as it went past unable to change direction in the air. Hot liquid splashed his face as the sword connected.
    The creature didn't make a sound, but ran up another hill as soon as it landed getting out of sight.
    Rodger made it to the top of the hill and searched desperately for the creature. He kept seeing shadows that could be it, but nothing certain.
    Where was it?

22. Charisma

Kariv found her idea wasn't helping Rodger, and finally made her last move (at least she thought so). She breathed in heavily and raised fours pillars to make a sqaure, trying to encircle the creature. The creature flighted upwards, and so kariv threw her machete at it. It didn't hit the creature, but distracted it as it fell back into her square and she enclosed the square with a chunk of land. Kariv knew the creature would resist the land, thus she quickly brought it down and left Rodger to do the rest.

23. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Rodger saw the rocks rise up forming what looked like a cage, followed by it collapsing.
    Racing over the now unmoving ground, he saw the creature pulling itself out of the debris. It turned its inky black head towards him, revealing innumerable small sharp teeth. As he moved towards it, its free paw swiped at him, the metallic claws gleamed in the moonlight.
    It inched forward even as it watched him.
    Running around the creature avoiding its free leg, Rodger climbed onto the debris covering it. The creature started lunging, trying to get clear of the debris. Its black hide slid out of the dirt like oil.
    As it got its other paw free, Rodger plunged the sword into the creatures back, just behind the neck.
    The thing finally made a noise. It swung its head, screaming like a young babe. The noise echoed through the night and pierced Rodgers head like a knife. He dropped to his knees, covering his ears.
    Finally it stopped.
    Rodger pulled his sword free and cleaned it as best he could on the wet grass.
    "Come on Kariv," he shouted at the flying girl, his hearing still muffled. "There may be more coming soon."
    With his legs wobbling, Rodger swore someone would die for this.

24. Charisma

Kariv nodded, picked up her bag and placing it on her back. She then quickly landed onto his shoulders and carried him out of the deshaped landscape. The horse wasn't very far, but it was definitely scared out of its wits. She let go of him where the path was clear and he could easily run.

Truthfully, Kariv's ears were hurting like a bong being hit at her ears. She believed Rodger would be in worse pain, but they didn't have time to crib. She turned back to human form, scratching her ears and waiting for Rodger to decide which way to go. Either he would want to get back the horse or continue that way.

25. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

"Thanks Kariv," Rodger said as his feet touched the ground. "We should each eat something while we walk. After those fights, you must be ready to collapse," he said, not mentioning how his own legs felt like noodles.
    "I have some jerky still on me, some of your vegetables will keep us moving. At least we don't have to worry about the horse. With the way it ran off its' probably near dead from exhaustion." He threw Kariv some jerky as he started walking. "Who was that man that attacked us, and how did you get inside his mind?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.