?

Third Person Limited or Third Person Omniscient?

1. Limited

2. Omniscient

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KMalari

KMalari New Member

Third Person Writing Help

Discussion in 'Point of View, and Voice' started by KMalari, Mar 19, 2020.

I'm writing an adventure/thriller novel about two mentally disabled teens who need to solve a mystery to save their friends. The male protagonist has severe schizophrenia and I'm trying to decide how to tell the story of his transformation. Third person limited where his transformation is observed by the other protagonist or third person omniscient where the reader can get inside of his mind? Each have their pros and cons.

Should I lean the easy route and make it less confusing for the reader? Or should I take the reader on a transformation journey?

2. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

Currently Reading::
    JG Ballard - Concrete Island
    I'd go for the Limited, because it seems easier to keep a reader turning pages, you are writing a thriller after all.
    You might want to check out the series Mr. Robot, and how the mental health issues of the main character were used to the advantage of the writer.
    Start with a strong, tight plot first, set in stone, and take it from there.

AlyceOfLegend likes this.
  3. Rich D

Rich D New Member

Take them on a journey. Less confusing means they already will know what's going to happen.