Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marthix2016

Marthix2016 Banned

Thoughts on a MC who is happy being Single?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Marthix2016, Mar 21, 2020.

Began writing a new story the other day and I know for a fact that my main character (who is a young woman...around 35-years-old or so) is very happy being Single and not looking for a relationship. Now I know a lot of stories have their MC's seek a relationship or end up in one because our world culture teaches us that's a normal part of life (for most people). However, my MC's version of happily ever after is more career-oriented than relationship-oriented. She is a very independent person and loves spending time working on herself (working out, dealing with her depression she has, etc.). Kinda that whole self-partnered thing if you will (like Emma Watson invented the term). Would you think most readers would think her an interesting character even though she doesn't have a romantic relationship? Of course she has friendships and allies that she is very thankful for. My MC loves her field of work and her mission but when she comes home at the end of the day she just loves being by herself, she needs a lot of me time to care for herself and her body. Thoughts? Has anyone read any good books that have examples of main characters who are in the end happily Single? Just curious....

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

No just no - we've had so many threads about this topic from you it's beyond a joke... refer to one of the other many threads you've started around this topic, we don't need any more

:closed:

Wreybies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.