Tags:
  1. GB reader

GB reader Contributor Contributor

Thread less

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GB reader, Jul 15, 2017.

We have lived in the same house for 28 years, the second summer my wife spent three weeks digging a 50 meter long almost 1 meter deep trench, filled it with good soil and planted a hedge. This is her pride. I am never allowed to cut it. The first 10 years she cut it with a manual hedge scissor. Then we got an electric hedge trimmer. It's always a procedure to cut the parts that are far away from the outlet. I usually have to find three extension cords. Twice she has managed to cut the cord. Nothing dangerous has happened, but the extension cords gets shorter.

Three weeks ago we invested in a cordless battery operated machine. She has been very pleased with it, it's much more flexible and as she says “You don't risk to cut the cord”.

We'll today she cut the water hose. (The hose is on reel, there is one hose from the reel to the water outlet the reel was standing close to the hedge). So now we have a slightly shorter water hose. We were watering the garden so there was water under pressure inside. We laughed about it. She will hear about it many years

20oz, Fernando.C and Homer Potvin like this.
  2. Walking Dog

Walking Dog Active Member

That's funny. I've cut my extension cords twice with the hedge trimmer. Both times I produced a shower of sparks. Because the extension cord was so long, a voltage drop developed across the length of the cord, so it wouldn't trip my breaker. I nearly started a fire one of the times. Scary stuff, electricity.

20oz likes this.