Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bone2pick

Bone2pick Conspicuously Conventional Contributor

Thread moved to debate room

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Bone2pick, Sep 28, 2019.

I just saw that a thread I created yesterday about the future of bookstores was moved into the debate room. I don't want it there, and I don't believe it belongs there.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

We've been through this before - when threads are started in the wrong place they are moved to where they belong in the opinion of the moderating staff.

In this case you started the thread in book discussion - since it is not a discussion of a book or books, it clearly doesn't belong there... that gives us the alternatives of the lounge or the debate room.

Previous experience suggests that its a flammable topic - therefore it goes in the debate room.

3. Bone2pick

Bone2pick Conspicuously Conventional Contributor

Yes, unfortunately we have.

I disagree that a discussion of bookstores "clearly" doesn't belong in the book discussion subforum. Especially considering there is a thread there about E-readers—which is not a discussion of a book or books—and it hasn't been moved.

I find that hard to believe. And there's nothing even remotely flammable in there at this time, nor have I framed or worded the original post to suggest I was seeking a debate. If the thread must be moved, I'd prefer to see it in the lounge where at least everyone could view it and participate.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Your preference is noted - however as we established last time this isn't your decision

The book discussion forum is for discussing books by other authors, it is not for a discussion about whether book stores are dying or not, it is also not for a discussion about ereaders (that thread was moved to the lounge), so yes it does have to be moved

and as I said the topic of whether bookstores (and by inference print books) are dying out is one that can raise high passions on both sides of the debate - therefore the appropriate place for it is the debate room where it can still be seen and participated in if people wish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.