1. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

Time Travel Stories You Like

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Bobby Burrows, Nov 12, 2018.

I like Time Travel stories for some reason.

Do you?

What do you like?

I get that Doctor Who time travels, I just never really grew up watching that show myself, though friends and family have been known to - it's always been around.

H.G Wells lived in the town over from me; about 100 years before me, he wrote The Time Machine and, some say, coined the genre/concept of time travel.

Back to the Future, I haven't been living under a rock my entire life, I have heard of Back to the Future.

Goodnight Sweetheart was London from Peacetime to Wartime; that was a sitcom, every episode is also a song title of a song the writers like/chose; they named their episodes after songs of the era, indeed the show itself is named after the Al Bowlly song Goodnight Sweetheart which was also the theme of the show.

I like one that's new; it's Unknowns on a major British network in production at the moment for their Series Two, I enjoyed Series One, and, this cast of unknowns, turns out the writer is also the star of the show.
    It's called Timewasters.

There's also time travel in
    Star Trek
    Red Dwarf
    The Simpsons Tree House of Horror (Halloween Specials)
    Futurama
    The Orville
    that I liked too.

2. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

Goodnight Sweetheart was about 1990's London to War Time London, and, our Time Traveller accidentally found they could time travel, and was a TV repairman.

He got stuck in the past when WWII was over, and this 2016 pilot for a come back was set 17 years after