1. Sometimes_I_Think

Sometimes_I_Think New Member

Novel Tips to writing a solid synopsis?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Sometimes_I_Think, Dec 4, 2016.

Hello :) if you haven't seen my new member post, my name is Alex, I'm 16 and have been writing for several years, now attempting to write my first novel. I have written numerous short stories in the past and showed only family and close friends for critique, so I've never really needed a synopsis. Honestly I don't even need one now, considering I'm just a few pages shy of completing chapter 1, but I figured I might as well get some tips on them. Ive done a couple of drafts and I'm not sure if it is acceptable to post a synopsis for critique here before I can post in writers workshop, but please let me know if I can because i would love feedback on that as I get tips in. Thanks in advance for any help that I get!

2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

A synopsis is something you'll need if you want to be traditionally published. It presents in a page or two a summary of the most important events of your story, so you need to have the completed story in order to do that. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. Just focus on your writing.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.