1. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

Tite Kubo has ruined Bleach for me

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by DeathandGrim, Jan 15, 2013.

I... I've had enough. I can't take it, I am throwing in the towel.

To put it blankly I cant stand having so many elements in what was once a decent story with rich detail in characterization and action run completely off the rails. The story did great at the Shinigami invasion arc, I loved the tension that was put around the characters and their predicament, and Kubo does a wonderful job of painting both hero and villain equally, that's a rarity to me. But the atrocity of the story completely stabs all its wonderful characters right in the heart.

Too many times am I stuck asking Why? or How?

For example:
    - Why was Wonderweiss not an Esparda?
    - Why did Ikkaku not use Bankai again despite existence itself being threatened
    - Why were Keigo, Tasuki and friends able to stand near Aizen and not "lose their existence" and yet they have zero power, connection to real plots, or any exploration in those areas
    - Did Kaname Tosen actually believe all that crap he told Komamura or was it Aizen's hypnosis?
    - Why was Aizen's Zapakuto so powerful?
    - How the hell could Wonderweiss seal Yamamoto's Zapakuto? (Which has the power of one million zapakuto)
    - Why did Aizen live when Gin finished him off? (because he feared death? WHAT?!)
    - Why was Gin as a child able to deduce that Aizen was evil? (this really wasn't explained)

There's much more that isn't hard to spot, I found the series great up until Aizen's antagonist role in the series. After that loose plot thread after loose plot thread made the series an oddity, it was fun for the characters but otherwise I'm reading and watching I guess because I have a need to finish things, that's about it.

2. Talmay

Talmay Member

Are you new to shonen? Because this is what it typically comes down to: plot holes, character bastardization, more plot holes. Some few, shining examples skip this step. Most don't. Naruto, Dragonball Z and D.Gray-Man have all done this (to name a few). The longer it runs the messier it gets.

3. DeathandGrim

Kinda new kinda not, just started getting into more anime's other than my small circle so I'm a bit behind

Bleach was the worst I've seen of this, and I haven't started Naruto just yet

4. BallerGamer

BallerGamer Active Member

If you're looking for a quality shounen read One Piece. If you're looking for a quality fantasy manga Berserk is the way to go, but be warned it's very very VERY graphic. Sometimes it makes Song of Ice and Fire look tame.

5. DeathandGrim

Oh hell yea I love One Piece

In extreme contrast to Bleach everything about One Piece is good not just the characters

6. BallerGamer

BallerGamer Active Member

Yep agreed with you 100% there. The amount of depth in One Piece is just amazing.

Another one I'd recommend is Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai. It's old and already completed. It's hard to get into, but I think it's worth it. It's pretty much like Bleach and Naruto, but I like the characters a lot more and they're more, how do I put it, realistic.

One thing that's annoyed me about Bleach and Naruto is that the characters feel so artificial, although it has more to do with the character interaction. I almost get the feeling Tite Kubo and Kishimoto were loners growing up and don't know much about how people talk to each other. Dialogue doesn't have to be realistic but man Bleach and Naruto make me cringe often.

7. DeathandGrim

My friends and I discussed Sword Art Online and it sounds cool

would anyone recommend??

8. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I just finished it, It was pretty well done, I really liked it and would recommend it pretty highly. If you're bothered by subs though, it hasn't been dubbed yet, so all there is is the subs. It was pretty good though, just not very long.

Why isn't there an actual anime thread on this site? Someone should start that... *hint hint* lol