1. LoaDyron

LoaDyron Contributor Contributor

Title for Romantic Erotica

Discussion in 'Romance' started by LoaDyron, May 13, 2020.

Hello fellow writers how are you doing? I hope you are all safe and healthy.

I'm writing this post because I'm still not satisfied with the titles given to my story:

1. Make me beautiful

2. Admire Me
    I would like some help for the title. The kinks I'm exploring are voyeurism, exhibitionism and public sex. Any help would be very appreciated, thank you.

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

I have always fancied corrupting a few Shakespeare titles for erotica

• Two Gentlemen of Verona (MM)
    • Taming of the Screw
    • Titmen of Athens
    • All's Well That Ends Well (and other happy endings)
    • Merchant of Peniss
    • Midsummer Night's Cream
    • King Queer

and there has to be something you could do with Coriolanus...

However for your voyeurism, exhibitionism and public sex... how about something like "All for show", "Something to look up to", "In the limelight", "If there's no-one watching, it didn't happen" (actually that's more of a tagline), "Fanny by streetlight" (if you have a character called Fanny of course...), "In the public interest"...

LoaDyron and marshipan like this.
  3. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

I find erotica titles to be as straight forward as they can get away with. Generally readers are looking for something very specific and need to know if your story has it or not. When I searched public sex erotica on amazon one is called "Taken at the Club: Shared in Public"...haha. Since it's a romance though, some more flourish I think would be okay but that is your decision to make. I still think being a bit on the nose is good. I like the Admire Me one. Hints at the exhibitionism. I'd likely tag on a subtitle too, to drive the point home.

LoaDyron likes this.