1. Theoneandonly99

Theoneandonly99 Member

Hello (again)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Theoneandonly99, Jul 10, 2015.

Hello! (again, forgive me for not being able to come up with a more interesting title)

I'm currently 15 years old, and already I firmly sure that my dream career is to be a novelist, and I am so thankful that I have found this place. I made this account a year ago, but have only started lurking here for in past 2 days. So now I decide to finally join in on the fun and the learning. I honestly haven't read that many books in my life. Ever since high school started, a lot of stuff began to happen in different aspects of my life, and now I don't really have much time and opportunities to just sit down and read a good book. Which, is quite sad, to be perfectly honest.

BUT, I want a way to still improve my writing even without reading, and I think this forum is a good place to start. (And I'm sure it is.)

Some of my favorite works are The Little Prince, Sophie's World, An Abundance of Katherines, The Garden of Sinners, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and any Edgar Allan Poe story.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :)

Sounds like you're off to a pretty good start already. Wow, Sophie's World isn't an easy book! I remember reading it as a teenager. It tied my brain to a knot and gave me lots to think about, for sure.

Anyway, here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Explore, participate, and have fun!

-Kat