Today, the anniversary of the victory of the Islamic Revolution in Iran

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Mans, Feb 11, 2019.

1. big soft moose

big soft moose The Moderating Moose Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

So you admit now that women don't have liberty to choose what to wear in Iran ?

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

You seem to be unable to understand that there's a difference between CHOOSING to wear specific religious-inspired clothing, and being legally FORCED to do so.

One news story on the subject:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44040236

3. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

ByView

I wanted to say everything is changed except the fixed systems of the word that human is included the system as well.

4. Mans

LOL...

it sounds that you are waiting for the moment that I fall in the trap and trouble.

I said, boundless liberty, not humanity liberty :)

5. ChickenFreak

So you are or aren't claiming that women can legally choose to go out without wearing any head covering?

Not that it really matters. The other violations of their rights are much more serious.

6. Mans

Well, your word is the same my word.

Although I explained in my previous post, nonetheless I repeat that:

Nobody forces Iranian women to wear veil, rather they can put every worthy clothe that they like. They also can choose every type of cover with every color and design for their hairs.

7. ChickenFreak

So women are required to cover their hair. They are not allowed to go out with a completely uncovered head.

Why are you afraid of this question? Why not answer it?

8. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Is there a law that says Iranian women must wear the hijab? Yes or no.

9. Mans

Yes. The only personal obligation for Iranian women is that to cover their body and hairs.

But there is not any obligation for Iranian women, what type of clothe and hair cover they wear.

10. ChickenFreak

You say yes, and then you say words that mean no.

I asked if they're legally required to cover their hair.

You said no. Then you said that they're required to cover their hair.

Why do you fear this question so much that you refuse to give a straight answer?

Here's a news story with a photo:

https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2018/03/08/why-iranian-women-are-taking-off-their-veils

Look at the woman with green hair. Is her appearance completely and totally legal? Yes, or no?

11. Mans

If you do mean veil, no.

If you do mean every optional clothe and cover, yes.

12. ChickenFreak

This may in part be a language issue. You're misusing the word "optional". "Optional" doesn't mean "You can choose whichever one you want". It means that you can choose none.

"Optional" isn't "this one or that one or that other one". It's "yes" or "no".

"Optional head covering" means that you can choose to have no head covering whatsoever.

13. Mans

My word is clear. I said:" The only personal obligation for Iranian women is that to cover their body and hairs."

but I explained more:

But there is not any obligation for Iranian women, what type of clothe and hair cover they wear.

14. ChickenFreak

Your previous answers were not at all clear. You do seem to have now answered the question.

15. Mans

I did mean. the Iranian women are free to choose every type of appropriate clothe and hair cover.

16. big soft moose

big soft moose The Moderating Moose Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

so they are obliged to cover their hair and to cover the shape of their bodies but are not forced to wear a specific garment ? That doesn't sound much like liberty to me

Also doesn't the Koran mandate modest dress for both sexes ? So why are so many of the men in the pictures you posted wearing western dress ?

17. ChickenFreak

Do you understand that you're misusing the word "optional"? If you want to write in English, you should make note of words that you do not understand.

18. Mans

I didn't note. But usually some of the young Iranian men that are mostly student wear such the shirts based on their choice. The usual western clothes are like other clothes, though the most of the shirts are produced in Iran or are from China.

If the western garments are appropriate and according to the cover of the Iranian women there is not any preventative rule for the women to wear them.

19. ChickenFreak

This video gives me a far more positive view of the Iranian people than the pictures shown so far.

20. Mans

I can't see the video. Its source is filtered in Iran; but I know beforehand it is among other maliciously plans to accuse the Islamic republic of Iran that doesn't observe the rights.

21. big soft moose

So why can men choose to ignore the Islamic rule that they must be loosely covered from the navel to the knees, but Islamic dress for women is expected ?

22. big soft moose

Isnt it a little strange that your government won't let you see the video to make your own mind up, you know since they are so committed to individual liberty and all...

23. Mans

Basically whether Iranian men or women must wear the dresses that are moderate and are not opposite to chastity. As I said before the type or model of the dress is not important but it should be according to honor and character of a Muslim man or woman.

24. Mans

Generally, filtering is used by communication ministry or cultural security section to immune Iranian from immoral or ill political programs that are opposite to humanity, cleanness and fortune.

A part of contents of YouTube are excellent but a part are container of inappropriate and destroyer subjects for moral of people, so the websites that completely are immoral or including ill political matters and also such the websites have been filtered in Iran, inevitably.

25. big soft moose

so in other words the government tells you what to think and censors the information available to you . Have you read George Orwell's 1984, or is that also banned ?