Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinitytruth

Infinitytruth New Member

Can't read thread posts.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Infinitytruth, Oct 9, 2011.

Everytime I get an error that says, "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /home/spider7/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4580) : eval()'d code on line 401"

I probably won't be able to read this post. So plz, let me know through pm if it's just me.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Same here. Been getting it most of the weekend. The site has been virtually unusable for me since at least Saturday morning. This is the first time all day I've been able to post anything.

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Hi,This issue should be fixed now. It was an issue with the memory limit. If you continue to see this error please let me know, through support@writingforums.org if necessary.

4. jnk1296

jnk1296 Member

Thank god. This is the first thread I've been able to access in a while! Thank you Daniel!

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Sorry guys! I upgraded to the latest software version last night, which was supposed to fix a lot of bugs, and we got this issue somehow. Again, if you see this error please email me. Earlier today I also received a problem when posting quick replies - it redirected to a blank page but still posted. That seems to have subsided, but if you're having this issue, please let me know as well. Right now I'm trying to fix the loading issue that's been going on. I'll update you when I learn more.

6. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

Thanks Daniel, it's working far better now.

7. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

I'm kind of scared to actually say anything in case it jinxes it and goes back to not loading. D:

8. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

The forum seems to be loading a little faster as well.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

When I edit my post, I can't save my response. Anyone else having this problem?

9. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

The "Reply with Quote" button also seems to be experiencing troubles of the "I'm going to spin in this circle, but hell if I'll let you do what you like."
    I think it's been influenced by a child. *Narrows eyes.* Perhaps a poltergeist of some kind.

10. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

I had the same problem yesterday, hope it will work now, because this is the first post im able to read in two days...

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

am i imagining things [having a senior moment?], or did there used to be a few text options available in the quick reply box that are no longer here?... like bold, etc....

12. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

seemed to be working ok for a while, daniel... then started being weird again... in the 'have any of you met your favorite authors' thread in the lounge, i tried to edit a post and couldn't... tried to post corrected version as new post, intending to then delete the first one and it got put into same post instead, with a line between them...

then, again/still got message saying another post couldn't be accepted, only to find it had been... still driving me nuts!

13. Infinitytruth

Infinitytruth New Member

No longer having THAT error. Now when I try to get into a thread at least in the nonfiction section it says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

Also it took me a century for the reply button to load in this thread. On the bottom it says, "Done, but with errors on the page."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.