Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloepp86

eloepp86 New Member

Describe vs Define

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by eloepp86, Feb 9, 2009.

Hi there, I'm new to these forums and have actually joined seeking some help.

Not sure if this is on topic, but I just had a question about defining something versus describing it. I'm taking a communications class, and have been given my first test, although it's a take home, so I have some time to work on it.

Anyway, on a lot of the questions it says "describe"... describe, describe, describe. for example "describe self-concept". I'd say about 80% of the questions what you to describe something. I guess I'm just having a hard time describing words without actually defining them, if that makes sense. The teacher seems really... "anal" about things. it even says to have the answers in short essays. I guess I'm having problems with both. The book basically defined it and that is what I wrote down, but I'm guess that's not going to fly. most of my answers are very brief and more like definitions. anyway, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We are not here to take your test for you. This goes beyond help on an assignment. This is cheating on an examination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.