1. moonbeam

moonbeam New Member

Traditional publisher for book 3 in a series? (first 2 books published with indie publisher)

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by moonbeam, Aug 23, 2017.

Hello everyone :)
    I'm a contemporary fiction author with an indie publisher.
    I'm writing a series of books and have written and published two so far (currently writing the third).
    I'm thinking of sending book 3 to a traditional publisher or an agent as the indie publisher I am with only sells on online stores. What I really want is for my series to be in proper bookstores as well. Do you think it would be worth me sending book 3 to a literary agent? Would they be interested in a new book in a series that has already been published online?
    Any advice would be appreciated :) xx

2. Pauline

Pauline Member

Hi moonbeam, it sounds like you are with a traditional publisher, just not one of the big 5. You would have to check your contract re right of first refusal if you sub part of your series.

Tenderiser likes this.
  3. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

As Pauline says, check your contract carefully before doing anything.

It would be unusual for an agent or a Big 5 publisher to be interested in a sequel unless its predecessors have sold particularly well. It doesn't sound like that's the case, since you're looking for higher sales, so you'll have a much better chance if you write something new.