1. thalorin19

thalorin19 Member

Man in Milk truck out very late at night - twice. Weird?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thalorin19, May 26, 2011.

So, if you raised an eyebrow at the title, I understand. But hear me out.

I live in a pretty safe town with my parents, that also has a high standard of living. There are hardly any big crimes here, such as murders and bank robbers and such. But this has caused me to be paranoid.

Last night, I was coming home from a friends house. This was about 1 in the morning, but I live in the same neighborhood that he does, so it only takes me about five minutes to get home.

As I'm turning on to the street that connects to my own street, I see a milk truck - with just it's brake lights on and the orange ones on the top or whatever, but no headlights on. He is parked off the side of the road where this a little patch of dirt - and I did see someone inside. This had me curious....milk men don't deliver milk at one in the morning, now do they?

Now I just got home from another friends house. She lives further away but in the same neighborhood (It's a pretty decent sized, as it's where most people in my town live) and I see a large truck parked off to the side of another road that I pass by on the way home. Now we are about 6-7 minutes away from my house, but still, I check it out.

It's the same milk truck. With the same set of lights on, and no headlights. Now I'm spooked. I drove quite aways away to a hill where I could see the truck but he couldn't see me. I sat there for about ten minutes, and so did he, until I decided to go home as I was getting ever more freaked out.

Now I post this on this forum because it's one of the more intelligent ones I go on, and more understanding then most. I really do not think he is just delivering milk. Milk would spoil outside if left there for like 7 hours obviously.

What do you guys think? I was planning on scoping out my neighborhood tomorrow night, and if I see him again, I might call the police this time or something, or my dad since he is a detective - but he lives about 30 minutes away as my parents are divorced.

Gah!

1 person likes this.
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

well he could be having an affair and so is leaving early for his rounds so he can sit and wait for his mistress to turn up. He might be depressed and sat out in the dark contemplating what the point of it all is if it's come to this, I can't imagine being a milkman is high point in anyones career. Perhaps his wife is leaving him and he can't stand being in the house? Or maybe he's out there doing drugs before his morning round? OR maybeit's as you say and he's scoping the neighbourhood or he's watching people through their curtains late at night. Who knows! What a great story that could make though.

3. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

... I'm calling the cops on YOU.

1 person likes this.
  4. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

There are numerous reasons, as Nightshade has pointed out, for why he could be there. I think we all tend to jump to conclusions and be paranoid when things seem out of the ordinary. Now, I will say the milk isn't going to go bad because those trucks are refigerated and so everything's fine there, though I realize the fate of the milk is the least of your concern. It could also be that he lives there. Now, I'm sure you'll tell me that you've never seen him before and such, but people get new jobs. There could be any number of reasons. I wouldn't panic yet (though I also realize it's a bit too late for that).

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I agree with everyone else. I know how it is to see someone parked outside at night and freak out (happened to me before :p ) but it's usually nothing to worry about.

6. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Can't believe you're bringing that up Gigi, I told you before, you sitting outside in the dark didn't freak me out, the night vision goggles and sniper rifle you were pointing at me did! :p

1 person likes this.
  7. Trish

And just like that.... coffee everywhere... Maaaaaaaaaaan!

8. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Sorry Trish, I couldn't resist XD

9. Trish

S'alright. That's what paper towels are for :D

1 person likes this.
  10. LaGs

LaGs Banned

It could be an episode of Father Ted where Dougal has to keep driving as Pat Mustard's put a bomb on the milkfloat. YIKES!

1 person likes this.
  11. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Sounds abit creepy :O I wouldn't worry about it though....might have just been a coincidence. Like you explained your area hasn't really got crime. If this were in London then I would be freaked xD

Also lol to the last 3 messages :p made me laugh!

1 person likes this.
  12. thalorin19

thalorin19 Member

Well...I might still be doing scouting tonight.

It just doesn't make sense....milk truck? One in the morning? Brake lights on?

I'm telling you guys, it's like one of those movies where that guy has that crazy theory that nobody believes, but then it turns out to be true.

13. Trish

Maybe it's just Nightshade returning the favor? ;)

14. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

And there goes the element of surprise!

15. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I was on a neighborhood stakeout. You were a suspect!

If it helps, you aren't anymore, though. ;)

16. Trish

*smiles slowly* sorry, Nightshade, I couldn't resist. *murmurs something about coffee*

17. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Oh that's good, my innocence act is working then --- er-- I mean --- I NEVER SAW THAT BODY BEFORE IN MY LIFE!

XD Curse you and your vengeance upon my evil plans!

18. Trish

MY EYES! MY EYES! *shakes head* wait.... which curse did you use?

19. _Lulu_

_Lulu_ New Member

I live right next to a dairy and I hear milk trucks going at all sorts of odd hours that's way too early to start delivering milk. It could be something to do with work, collection or something and he pulled over in the same spot for a break, could be a new routine for him or something. Or like others have said, it could be a number of reasons why he's there.

20. Venom.

Venom. Active Member

Questionable...Maybe it's Osama Bin Laden, hiding where nobody would expect. :cool:

Honestly mate, I don't gots a clue about your magical milkman. :D

21. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

1. milk trucks are refrigerated, so the milk wouldn't spoil...

2. you're right that milk deliveries aren't usually made at that hour...

3. if you got the name of the company and/or a license # [even if you didn't] it wouldn't hurt to just pass that info on to your local PD, or to your dad, since potential targets of home invasions are usually 'cased' beforehand and there are a number of other potential shady reasons for this behavior... some possibly borderline immoral-only ones, too, but it's better to err on the side of caution these days...

22. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Oh don't worry, it wasn't to lose your eyesight. You may want to invest in a hat by the way, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

23. Trish

LMAO... that's okay. I have far too much hair anyway, it would probably be a relief. Being as it's summer I was thinking of chopping it off anyway. You may save me the trouble :p