Try hard to write something.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by junior, Jan 22, 2011.

1. junior

junior New Member

Dear diary,
    Today I'm very happy because today is the first day of the lunar new year. People said that" In the first day of the year, if someone do something is not good, that is not good for a whole year."

In the afternoon, my friends call me ( they are Vietnamese too), they picked me came to their home and we cooked my traditional food to celebrate the lunar new year. I'm really happy because today is special day to my country and I dont feel lonely as I thought.

The second thing I knew is Joanna didn't have boyfriend, that mean I have a little bit hope :). I know when I love somebody, it doesnt mean they love me too. But if I have just a little bit hope, I'll try my best. Even though I don't know what should I do right now. I think love will find the way that noone can explain it. I believe in the destiny. I believe in my love for Joanna, someday Joanna will know about it and have the same feeling as me.

When each the first day of the lunar new year, I always have one wish, just one wish for a whole year. My wish in this year is I can by Joanna side, we can deal their troubles in this life together and we'll build a happy family with our children. I really want to be with her. Please make me become the lucky person who have her love :)

The third, I want to thank god for giving me all of the best friends that made I become the lucky person in the world. Thank you Mallory, whenever I think of you and think of all your comments for me, it make my heart warmly and I know I'm the lucky person :).
    I hope you always happy and all your wishes in today will be come true :)

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Hi Junior,

I'm so happy and excited for you that you made some Vietnamese friends who can relate to your culture and do traditional things with you. :) What a great day to spend your new year!

I wish you the best of luck with Joanna. So the guy on her Facebook must have been just a non-romantic male friend, or a brother? Good luck to you. Remember though, chances are still pretty big that she prefers to date guys, but if that's the case, you and her can still be regular friends. :) Trust me, friendship is just as important as romantic relationships. But, I hope it DOES work out because I want you to be happy!

3. junior

junior New Member

Hi Mallory,

Actually, I've just met my friends some days before and we recognized we are the same country. We really happy about that. We have the same in many things and thought. :)
    And I found out that the guy on her facebook is her best friend in Taiwan. She doesn't has any boyfriend or at least I dont know about her boyfriend. I'll try to become her friend first. I hope I can do that. :)

Thank you for always support me. Hope you have a good dream tonight. Talk to you soon.
    __

Dear diary,

Today, my school still closed because snow is heavy. I and my cousin decided to go out and made a snowman. This is the first time I made a snow man. I realized to make the snowman wasn't easy. We couldn't do it today. But we had a lot of fun out side. We played together and took some pictures. Today is really cold, I dont know whether the school is open or not in next week. I hope I can go to school soon because the school almost closed a week, I missed many classes in the school. ~_~.

About Joanna, I thought carefully and I decided that I'll try to become a normal friend with her first and try to dont attention too much to her. I must focus to learn English and try to improve my English skill so that I can learn in my major as soon as I can. ~_~.

Another thing, I'm reading " the wanderer " _ a novel which my teacher recommended for me. I'll try to understand what's it telling. And trying to focus in my grammar. When I read it, I realized it really excited. :)

By the way, I had a great day today. Thank god for that ^^

4. Mallory

Snowmen seem fun to make! :) In Florida there isn't any snow.

How deep is your snow?

Good luck with your classes. :) I hope you enjoy "The Wanderer." What is it about? I have not read it.

Good luck with Joanna!

Have good dreams!

5. junior

junior New Member

Hi Mallory,

How is your weeken? :)
    I saw some picture in Florida in the internet. That's a beautiful place. I hope I have chance to come there.
    I didn't know how deep the snow was here but I guess it about 2-3 inches. Making snowmen is really interesting but it was a little bit cold *_*
    About " The wanderer", it is a journey of a little girl in the sea. I really excited to read it, although I didn't even complete the whole book.

I hope you have a nice dream today.
    Talk to you soon.
    ______

Dear diary,

I've just came home from my uncle's house. We celebrated lunar new year in here this weeken. Party never born for me. I almost exhausted because it. Maybe I'm a boring person, that's why I only like spent all my time for sleepy or going somewhere that silence or for fishing instead of coming in crowd.

When I came home, I onlined and read my email. I received my friend's message. She said that she's just broken her relationship. I'm very sad when I heard it. She and her girl friend had realationship a long time ago. They looked really nice couples. At least just me realized about that. But now she said that she's broken with her girl friend. That's make me doubt about true love...
    Maybe I'm not a good girl to do everything for my love one.
    ~_~
    Tomorrow I'll go to school, and have a busy time. I hope I don't have anytime to thing about negative things. I hope I can focus in my lessons and I can make my dream come true. I wish I'm a person who don't have a heart to love someone. So I can't feel hurt because of someone. (_ _#).
    God, please saving me and forgive me.

6. Mallory

Hi Junior,
    Florida is great. In the winter it's kind of drab and rainy (cold rain), but in the summer it's really hot and it has lots of storms with warm rain. I like it.

You aren't boring. Some people just aren't into parties and would prefer to hang out with a small group of friends instead of a big crowd. It's normal. :)

Relationships end all the time, but true love is real too. I believe 9 out of 10 relationships end at some point. It's hard to find that one person who you know you want to be with forever.

7. junior

junior New Member

Hi Mallory,
    I really like Florida. I have plan that after I have a degree about my major. I'll move somewhere has the weather warmer than TX and kind of silence. I'll think of Florida :). I wish you have a great life in there.
    I'll try to prove that true love is real.

I really want to know more about you :). What do you think about love? Do you believe in love at the first sight?

And then. Have a sweet dream tonight.

________

Dear Diary,

I really want to write down something I felt about my life in here, because whatever I writed in here, I felt my heart warmer and beat faster :).

Last night, I didn't have a sweet dream as I thought. I almost can't sleep until at the midnight because I have PE class today and I can meet Joanna in this class. Last week, we had snow and I can't go to school, I'm really sad about that. My PE class begin at the 2:50 pm. In the noon, when I came to my car and took uniform for PE class, I saw she came into the A building, I saw her without focus in anything, even though a car in the parking lot make a horn on me. ~_~. My friend didn't know I glanced at her. She yelled at me and said" Where is your mind? Are you looking for handsome guys ?" I just smiled at her and didn't say anything.

In this afternoon, I sat next to her, I dont know why I can fluttered like that. I asked her about this semester, she said that this semester is her last semester, and she is going to transfer to University in the next semester. It really sad information to me. It's means I can meet her just in this semester. It's means this is the last chance for me. But I didn't know what should I do right now.

When I sat next to her in this afternoon, I have many things to talk to her, so many things to ask her, but my mouth almost numb, and I can't talk anything.
    " Joanna, how can I talk to you about my feeling for you? About my thinking for you? If I said that I like you, would you believe me? Or you will leave me forever? "

8. Mallory

Hi Junior,

I don't really believe in love at first sight. I definitely believe in liking someone at first sight, but it takes time to know whether the feelings are real. Love is something serious that takes a while to build. There's no way you can know for sure if it's true love without giving it a lot of time. :)

Does Joanna like girls - do you know? Has she showed any signs of liking you back?

9. junior

junior New Member

Hi Mallory,

I thought about your idea a whole day. I really like it. Like the way you think about the true love. I hope I can prove it, at least with Joanna.

Do you know what american people do things when they fall in love each other? I'm afraid that I have some actions aren't right in the american culture. Or I have too many actions that make she know I'm caring about her and she keep away from me because I'm a girl ~_~

I totally don't know what's Joanna thinking. Maybe with another people I can guess, but with Joanna I can't. It's hard for me to know what she thinking ~_~. Although I really want it.

All of things I know about her are that things I asked her. And she never ask me anything. Maybe she didn't want to know or I'm just one of many people around her. That's it.
    I guess she want to date a guy than girl. But I'm not sure. That's make me confuse a lot.
    ~_~/

Next week is my birthday. We have plan to cook something in my friend's house. My friend like a guy in my PE class, and then she want to invite him come to my birthday and I said her whether she invite Joanna for me? ( My friend doesn't know I'm gay ). She said she would. I'm really excited about that. Although I dont know whether they go or not.

I hope they be there in my birthday :)

From my heart, I appreciate all the things you do for me. Thank you because always by my side and spend time to read my diary. Thank you Mallory.
    P.s: I really like your new signature :)

10. Mallory

Rock on Junior, and let me know how it goes.

11. junior

junior New Member

Hi Mallory,

I want to draw a smiling face on the ping pong ball for her in the break time and asking her is she tired, but I'm hesitating.
    I really want to send her a solf melody on her facebook every night and say that " have a sweat dream", and I'm so hesitating too.
    And I have many things I want to do for her :)

I'm hesitating because I just meet her not much and we didn't talk much when we were in class.

The Valentine day is coming. I hope you and your boyfriend have a romantic time. :)

Have a nice dream tonight, Mallory.

12. Mallory

You could start by writing her a Facebook wall message but something that's really generic. Something like "Hi, how are you?" or you could ask if she wants to hang out after P.E.

Posting a song on her Facebook wall would be cool too, but it might seem weird if you did it every night. Maybe just do it once to start out with.

13. junior

junior New Member

Thank you, Mallory. :)

Tonight I chatted with my cousin. Although I didn't tell her I'm gay, I just told her that I want to make friend with Joanna. I just told her a little bit about Joanna. She seemed to know everything happened to me. She said that she would teach me Chinese language and gave me some advices to attract her attention. She said that I must change my colour hair just a little bit and change my style in clothes because I looked like old woman from a long time ago T_T. And then the important thing is never focus on her. Try to ignore her. Dont be care about her like before I did.
    I dont know whether it work or not. But I'll try her advices. I hope it work. At least I have a chance to try everything I can.

___

(:-D) Good night Mallory. Hope you have a sweet dream tonight.

14. junior

junior New Member

Today is really a weird day. Really weird!

My aunt came home from her company, she told my mom and my grandma about the story she found in the internet. The story told about the Vietnamese girl is being gay, and her family angry with her. She must left her house when she's just came to the US only 1 year, and she still a little girl at that time. Her family didnt wanna see her anymore, and didnt let she live with them. She had just 1.5 dola and left her home with scare in her soul. She got a hard life and really terrible. My family read it and saw it like the sensational story. When I heard that, I really sad for her, and I dont know why people can see the sad story like the sensation story? We live in the modern century, and we had been learned many knowledge in the biology, why dont people know that being gay is natural ?

I realize that if my family know about I'm gay, they will kick me out of house and dont wanna see me anymore. I know, and I know everything will come to me when I come out with them.
    But I'm not scare. I never scare. I'll try to learn hard as much as I can, I must have a job and have an independent life. I'll will tell my mom about my life. I dont wanna live in lie.
    I know they never understand the feeling that gay people have. They never know about it. And I dont want to make them understand for me. If they really love me and want I have a meaning live, they will accept me.
    I hope my mom wont feel sad when she know I'm gay. I hope I can by her side and take care of her at the end of life, whatever she accept me or not.
    Other member in my family, I don't care.
    __

I'm sorry if I make you guys feel unendurable when you guys reading my post.

Have a great day :)

15. Mallory

That story in the news was really sad. :( If your family was shocked about it, maybe they were just shocked that the girl's family would be that mean?

I'm sure they won't hate you. They might be shocked for a little bit, just because they're surprised, but they'll still love you in the end.

When your cousin was talking about Joanna, I don't think she meant to flat-out ignore her. You don't want her to think you're mad at her or something. I think she just means to make sure you're not being clingy. :)

16. junior

junior New Member

I thought many things to write in here when I'm driving from school to home, but right now, I dont know how to show my feeling in this special day.

Last night I can't sleep. I dont always sleep well in the sunday night or tuesday night, because I have PE class in the monday and wednesday.
    Today is really exciting valentine day.
    The first thing is my reading teacher, she gave me and my classmates a cute pencil. It's really nice present in the valentine day.
    The second thing is I had an interview for part time job in this noon although I dont know whether I can be acepted or not.

My PE class begins in the 2:50pm, I have another classes in the morning, so I always eat lunch in the school and waiting for PE class begin. But today is different. I came to my friend apartment, I eat with her and I had interview for part time job. That's why I came to class after Joanna. I tried to behave to her normally, like another person. When I came in, I saw William, I smiled and said to him " Hi, Have a great Valentine." After that, I didn't see Joanna and I came directly to the dressing room to change my clothes ( I glanced at her and I realize that she also see me, I didn't say hi with her ) ~_~
    In the kung fu class, I tried to give her a privite space, so I found something in my bag and did with it. ( instead of I'll talk to her before ).

When we exercised the lesson, she turned her face to me suddenlly.( I alway stand behind her). I saw her eyes is red. I really surprised. She didn't say anything, she just use her hand and put into her eyes. I came to her and asked her what was happened. Then I go with her into the dressing room and saw what happened to her. ~_~. Maybe a little bit dust into her eyes, that make she hurt and painful. I dont know how to do in this case. The only thing I can do is by her side and take some paper for her. I dont know how to say with her.

I know my English is not good, it never good. But when I communicate with someone, at least I know how to let them know what am I want to talk with them. But Joanna is different. I dont know how to talk with her. When I'm with her, my words is disappear...

After that, she said thank you me. I smiled at her. And I kept going to practise excises. :)

This valentine came to me so many to surprise. I really love it. I really like the moment I by Joanna side although it's not in the good situation. :p. I hope her eyes is better.

Thank you God, thank you about your Valentine gift you gave for me. :)

17. Mallory

I hope your job interview went well! When do you find out if you got the job?

I bet Joanna had something in her contact lens - that happened to me once, and it sounds like Joanna's situation. It was really nice of you to make sure she was okay!

Your English is much better than you think it is, at least from what I can tell from reading your posts. :)

18. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Junior, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Please read How to Use the Review Room before you post there. Posting your own writing for people to comment on should not be among the very first things you do here. It is worth taking the time to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

Also, be aware that posting a piece of writing on any public site, including this one, will greatly diminish your chances of selling it for publication. Removing the writing later does not alter that fact - once posted, it is irreversibly considered published. So do not post anything more than a small excerpt of any piece you are planning to submit for publication.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize constructive critique as a vital writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). Also, please use the same thread for all revisions and additional excerpts from the same piece of writing. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out the RPG forum for improvisational fiction. Also try our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

19. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Hi, and welcome. :)
    This place will certainly help both your English and writing.

20. ArtWander

ArtWander New Member

Welcome to the forum, Junior! :)

21. junior

junior New Member

@Cogito: Thank you for your comment. I'll try read more before I write. And I'll try to do follow the rules of this forum. I'm really sorry if I made this forum is mess up. I'm really sorry. I'll read the rules carefully. I wonder if I can keep my diary in here? Because I read yours comment many times but it have something I can't catch what does it mean. :(

@Eunoia and ArtWander: hi. Nice to meet you. :)

22. Mallory

Hi Junior,

You didn't mess anything up. All the mods did was move your thread to the Introduction section. That's the part of the message board where new members come in to say hi and introduce themselves to the forum, so they thought it fit here better than in General Writing. You didn't do anything wrong. :)

A good place for your diary might be the Lounge. That's the place that has general chat and so on. :)

23. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the forums. :)

24. tdk321

tdk321 Member

Moving to a different country and learning a new language is not easy, in most cases it will make you stronger.