1. Epanther

Epanther New Member

Trying something new.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Epanther, Nov 5, 2017.

Hello all!

I know you must get new people frequently, but, I am so excited to join this forum! I used to be a part of so many Disney forums years ago when I was in high school. I loved to write, design graphics, etc. But, after high school ended and college/work began, I began to forget to give time for the things I enjoyed to do. Writing, more specifically, has been a passion of mine since I was young, so, when I started to notice I had given up on it it was upsetting. I tried again and again to get myself to write, but always found some reason/excuse not to.

Work is hectic and draining, married life is nice but sometimes also draining, there are bills to pay, mountains of responsibilities... and all of these things, although I adore in a sense, are draining to my creativity. It wasn't until about a month ago when I realized how much I missed writing, how much it helped me escape the mundane aspects of life.

I have worked with a girl with autism for ten years, the anniversary actually being today, oddly enough. Over those ten years of working with the family, I also built a relationship with the sister, who is a year older, and of course the mother. They have become a second family to me, in a way, and I am so grateful for everything they have taught me over the years. The sister of the girl I primarily work with, however, is super into writing. She asked me, one day, on a whim, if I would want to collaborate on a story. I reluctantly agreed, more so to not disappoint her than agreeing to something I actually wanted to do. As we went back and forth on Google Docs with this story, I started to feel a familiar spark I remember feeling when I used to write in high school. That familiar "high" from becoming someone different, meeting different people, experiencing foreign things... it was then that I began to realize that I needed to write again. Not only because it felt right, but because I hoped it would aid my overall sanity. haha!

Now, I feel like I am on some sort of writing streak, and I was trying to find a way to keep it up. That's when I googled writing forums and found this. In the past, writing has been an escape for me, a place of comfort and release. I am hoping I can find those same feelings here, and that I can also offer support and advice for those searching for those same things in return.

2. Magical Writer

Magical Writer Member

Hi Epanther, welcome to the forum.

Pleased to hear you've found that spark again.
    I'm sure you'll find lots of those sparks flying around In the forums once you figure your way around.

See you about.

P.S - you spelt insanity wrong; missed out the "in" ;)

3. Epanther

Epanther New Member

Thank you very much for the welcome! I am definitely hoping to find some sparks here to bring into my day to day life. And yes, INsanity, sorry that I messed that up! ;)