Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Oasis Writer, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

I'm selective about who I tell them about too...Only because I know the majority of my friends would look down at reading a Vampire Romance...not because they're bad books or anything. I've already gotten one friend hooked. We have embarrassingly long conversations about it too!

2. Ocheel

Ocheel New Member

I have a feeling its a little worse for me, considering Im a guy, and these are awfully girly books :p

3. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

I suppose so! ;) They're darn good though, even if they are geared a little more towards the female population!

4. starrynight89

starrynight89 New Member

Yes, the books seem to be geared toward the female population. I think that's mainly because of Bella's whining and I don't think guys have enough patience to continue reading it. It'll interesting to see how many guys will like Midnight Sun; I think they will find Edward easier to read and can relate to him.

5. Ocheel

Ocheel New Member

To be honest I find Bella cute, and a perfect girl.

6. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

Have you guys read the first chapter of Midnight Sun on Stephenie Meyer's website? I loved the depth it added to the story. I read somewhere that she was planning to publish it once she finished...I hope this is true! I think it would add a lot to the series.

7. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

I have read it, and the chances of it getting published are very high. It will most likely be released in March of next year, three months after the movie has gone out. It's "said" to already be done, actually.

8. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

Oh, I didn't realize it was already finished (at least supposedly!) :) I'm glad that the series won't end in August then!

9. Oasis Writer

She will continue the series with Jacob Black after the fourth one she said, and has even said she wants to do a version with Bree.

10. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

Where did you find this information out? I think I need to get in on all the action!! :)

11. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

My girlfriend loves that series, i bought her eclipse. I'm pretty sure there is a movie coming out about it or was it cancelled? :eek:

12. Oasis Writer

It's coming out December 12th, 2008. :) It's on Twilight.

It's on her site, it leads to further links of interviews she has done. :)

13. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Must be a really good series. Vampires and werewolves and romance, gah so much. Im brain dead ><

14. Oasis Writer

It's okay to be a little brain dead every now and again :)

15. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Agreed, but mostly brain dead at school. So it doesn't effect you much :cool:
    Or is it affect you? I never really got that rule.. Maybe i was brain dead when they taught it to me :D

16. Milady

Milady Active Member

Ack! I just read the chapter of Midnight Sun... and found a typo. Heh, it ticked me off, though I realize that this was an unedited, unpublished preview...

17. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

lol, I think it's funny that a typo in an unedited manuscript ticked you off...I hate to imagine what people think of when they read my unedited stuff!!

18. Eliza.Doolittle

Eliza.Doolittle New Member

These books are Amazing!
    I would recomed reading the host. Her new book out. I believe it is so much better and even more amazing then the three twilight books put together. However when breaking dawn comes out i think that will top it all. And when Midnight sun comes out, which is twilight seen through Edwards eyes. Well i think ill need a box of tissues and a paper bag for all the hyperventalation.

I would like to say that i love Jacob in Twilight and half way through New Moon. But in the rest of it and in Eclpise he turns into a real JERK! And i hate him
    I cant wait till the movie comes out im so excited! Its going to be Awsome. I love the guy Robert Pattinson who they got to play Edward and Kirsten Stewart has such amazing acting Experince.
    As you can see i am a massive fan. And if you are to then READ the Host. Its utter genuis and the character Wanderer is so beautiful and makes you want to strive to be her.

19. edens garden

edens garden New Member

I also think she could have done a bit more to flesh out some of the other characters. I have to admit, New Moon frustrated me. It is obvious that Edward and Bella are practically made for each other, yet when she makes out with Jacob Edward is so cool and collected about it. I honestly wanted to jump into the book and shake Bella screaming "What the Hell are you thinking!?" Other than that, i really enjoy the series. I cannot wait to get the next book, and for the wait if you haven't read The Host i highly recommend it. It is nice to see an author known for her series come out with something else equally as well written and/or better.

20. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

As far as the Bella kissing Jacob stuff goes, I think Edward's reactions were exactly what they should have been. That doesn't mean that I didn't want to shake him and tell him to forget chivalry and fight for her, but he wants what is best for Bella...and he truly doesn't believe that HE is best for Bella.

In New Moon, she didn't have a choice but to kiss Jacob...And Edward was cool with it because he could read Jacob's mind and knew that Bella didn't have a choice.

In Eclipse when Bella kisses Jacob, she does it at first because she's trying to save him - she thinks he's going to allow himself to be killed by the vampires in the woods. During the kiss, she realizes that she does love Jacob, it's just a different kind of love. Edward sees this too (I think he's known from the beginning that she loved Jacob too, just like Jacob did. Bella was denying this). Edward wants her to be happy, and if happy for her is being with Jacob, then he wants her to be with Jacob.

21. starrynight89

starrynight89 New Member

I'm sure many of you have heard this but I just felt like posting it on here in case some of you didn't. MTV movie awards are this sunday (june 1st). Not sure about the time but if you're in the west coast, I wouldn't know. . . but anyway, MTV decided to promote Twilight and they are releasing a FULL scene on Sunday during the show! I'm SO excited! :) Be sure to tune in!

22. Oasis Writer

I'm looking forward to that :D

23. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

Ooh, how exciting! Thanks for sharing that :) I'm glad my DVR isn't broken anymore!! I can record it and watch it later.

24. Alex_Hartman

Alex_Hartman New Member

Yes! More Twilight stuff!

-Alex

25. Alex_Hartman

Alex_Hartman New Member

I was just at Borders and on the front table was the special edition of Eclipse. I love the cover art, it looks really cool. And I was very happy about where she started the book, it's a great spot. 62 more days!

-Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.