1. Elven_Fforestydd

Elven_Fforestydd New Member

Plot with Female Assassin

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Elven_Fforestydd, Jul 17, 2011.

How does this play out? The idea is that a two friends grew up in a welsh village which was destroyed by the English in the early 1400s during the welsh revolt led by Owain Glyndwr. They both survived, but thought they were the only one that had, as most everyone was massacred. The Girl survived and somehow ends up an assassin working for a master. She is sent to kill a lord but discovers that he was a friend from the same welsh village. The lord also survived from the massacre and was adopted by a childless welsh sympathizer . She doesn't kill him because she realizes that they were childhood friends. I think its a good idea, I don't know if that idea its too historically accurate.

2. PenandPencil

PenandPencil New Member

Well, I love anything historic, and although I know nothing of Welsh history, it sounds quite interesting. :)

3. KarlSmith

KarlSmith New Member

It sounds like a cool idea, but I think it would be better if you did it in a fantasy world setting rather than a real world setting - that way you don't have to be historically correct ^^

4. Elven_Fforestydd

For the most part, everything would be Historically accurate. I'm wondering how believable an female assassin would be.

5. Elven_Fforestydd

For the most part, everything would be Historically accurate. I'm wondering how believable an female assassin would be.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read What is Plot Creation and Development?

7. WriterDude

WriterDude Contributor Contributor

Well, there were female ninjas and female viking warriors, and ninjas were often used as assassins. I don't see why other cultures didn't use female assassins.

8. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I'm less concerned about the female assassin than the idea of an assassin and "a master" at all. Is there any precedent for this in historical Wales? If you're creating your own underground assassin's guild, or something of the sort, then you own that fictional addition to the otherwise-historical world, and it seems to me that you can declare that they also use women.

ChickenFreak