Tags:
  1. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Twitter handle

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by deadrats, Sep 16, 2019.

How do you change your twitter handle? And will this affect previous things put up and shared or that you were tagged in? I've been tweeting links to my published writing, but my twitter name is hard to remember (I don't even know it by heart). I would like to change this, but I don't want it to affect the (small) inroads I've made with social media thus far. And I don't even know if I can change it. Please help if you have any insight on how to handle this problem. Thanks.

2. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Also wondering what sort of handle you think is good for a writer. Do you try to use the same username all across social media like Facebook and Instagram as well? What if none of your accounts are connected like you don't have the same followers and friends and you don't always post the same stuff? I do have friends in writing and publishing on different social media, but I don't even think they could find me on twitter if they want to (not that anyone is looking for me). Have you guys had a problem like this? And is this important for a writer? I joined twitter because I'm a writer. Still, very few followers, and I want to blame the username.