1. Karone_Kurami

Karone_Kurami New Member

Screen Writing- Originality

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Karone_Kurami, Nov 30, 2015.

I've started my very first screen play and I am starting to worry that I will not be able to be original enough. There are so many movies out there and I don't know that I have really seen any that are like what I am writing, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there. Does anyone else struggle with this and worry about it? Is there anything you have done to try to make your film stand apart from others or did you go with your heart/gut and continue to write what you believe is the way it should be written. I am only in my first draft and I am also only about 20 minutes into my movie. Is it really a minute is one page? Because if that is the case it feels like my movie would be extremely long? I am trying to go for a drama/psychological thriller. Or that is how I feel it will be, but I could be wrong. I am normally a novelist and began this project for a class I was taking. It just snowballed from there and I have not been able to stop writing it since. If anyone has any advice I would be grateful. I know that there are others out there who have the same problems I do.

Love and Light
    -Karone