(Un)Retired Superheroes

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Jul 4, 2016.

1. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

"Yep, she's there." I say flinging my free arm in the direction of Silhouette. I probably shouldn't have said that. What if he's a villain too? Nah, villains don't speak like that. I stood still hoping someone else would speak. "I'm Danny. If you're using a real name I am."

2. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

-

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  3. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Sapphire looks around on the street. A normal night. For most people. There's a mixture of emotions in the group. Fear, hate, wonder. She turns, as she hears a soft coo from Pigeon Man. Omigosh, is that Joey? She thinks as a small adorable pigeon lands on his shoulder. Sapphire is about to step up, when she hears a question from behind her.
    She dosent understand a word, but Pigeon Man does. He exchanges some words with the new comer as she watches. Friend or foe?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

Jacob scowled at the group. He knew he had at least a decade on the rest of the assembled heroes, but didn't expect such impulsive behavior. "If we kill Morgana, we can't talk to her," he said in his Dad voice. "And why would she show up here, anyway?" He glanced at the blue cocoon crushing the immortal sorceress. How much had sapphire just stolen?
    At the arrival of the newcomer, Jacob tensed, ready to knock him out. He did recognize the hatted figure, but couldn't place him. "And you are?"

5. obi-sem kenobi

"John, John Wilson. People used to call me the Traveller because of the journey I took when I was a kid. But who's this Morgana chracter? What'd I miss?"

6. gibble410

Sapphire laughed.
    "Jacob, I can hardly kill an immortal goddess. I am just slowing her down. And Morgana tried to stop us on our way out John."
    Sapphire looked around and waited for Silhouette to bring them to the safe place, after she was done talking with Pigeon Man.

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    "I can't really tell you where the safe place is while we're right in front of Morgana," Silhouette told them. "Don't think she's not listening to everything we say."

At that very moment, Morgana disappeared in a blinding flash of purple light. She reappeared on top of the pile of rocks against the wall, glaring down at them with shining purple eyes. "I will kill you all in the worst way possible," she said in a calm, cold voice. She reached inside her cloak and pulled out a pouch and poured the contents into her other hand. They were eight white teeth that looked like they belonged to a human, but they were too big. "I was saving these for something more important, but I guess I'll use them now."

Morgana threw the teeth on the ground in front of the retired superheroes. The teeth rattled and shook and burrowed down into the marble tiled floor. Then the ground started to jump like an earthquake was happening. The marble tiles cracked and exploded upward. When the dust settled, eight warriors stood in front of them. They looked human, but they were hunched over with huge, bulging muscles. Scraggly red hair fell in front of their craggy faces and their deep-set eyes glared at them hatefully.

"Rip them apart!" Morgana commanded with an evil laugh. The warriors immediately charged forward, beating their chests and howling like animals.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  8. ManOrAstroMan

Jacob felt his power welling up in response to the threat, took his phone out, opened the music player and cranked up the volume as the first song started playing. Now with a backbeat, he started playing his harmonica, power flowing out with every note.
    He hoped his colleagues would have the sense to block him out, but he supposed if they didn't, they'd be safe enough joining the Flash Mob spell he sent towards the dragon's tooth warriors.

9. gibble410

As Morganas dangerous warriors approached, Sapphire shrikes and stumbled backwards as one lumbered towards her.
    "St- St- STAY BACK! She screamed. She looked wildley around, and her eyes landed on the car door she used to get here. Quickly drawing up power, she flung it into his face. Feeling wozzy, her eyes rolled back into her head, and she passed out.

10. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    The two warriors that were heading for Jacob stopped in their tracks when he started playing his harmonica. They scratched the sides of their heads and looked confused, but didn't start dancing. Their brains were too underdeveloped to fall completely under Jacob's spell. The longer they stood there, the more they regained their senses and started to take slow steps forward.

The warrior that was headed for Sapphire was hit with the car door and slumped to the ground, unconscious. But another warrior took its place and headed straight for Sapphire, who had passed out on the floor. The other four warriors kept coming with murderous intent in their eyes.

Morgana laughed the entire time, enjoying the havoc that she was creating.

And somehow, without a sound, Silhouette had completely disappeared.

11. obi-sem kenobi

When he looked in the direction the pigeon man had pointed he was very relieved to see that Silhouette was still alive. He was all set to run up to her and give a big friendly hug, when they started talking about this Morgana character again.

“Honestly though, who’s this Morg… a…na…” Before he could finish his sentence a woman poofed out of nowhere, threw some stuff on the floor and let out a very well-practiced evil laugh. He hated it when they did that. His first reaction was too just shoot her, but then he remembered what the old guy had said, so he decided to go for the minions instead.

He fired a few rounds of cover first to try and slow them down, but they didn’t seem very impressed. When he noticed the icy lady faint he immediately ran up to her instead.

“Oi, Icey lady, wake up!” Using his left hand to lift her up and set her straight he levelled his face with hers and looked her straight in the eyes as he tried to wake her up. His right hand meanwhile pulled the trigger of his gun, shooting a red-white beam straight through the charging Neanderthal’s chest.

No, that wasn’t very polite. Most Neanderthal’s he’d met so far turned out to be pretty nice people.

12. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Timothy kept the card clutched to his chest, and began to walk away. He wasn't a fighter, nor much of a runner, and he just settled into a steady semi-jog. What would he do if he had stayed there? As he said, he wasn't a fighter, nor did he have any particular skills. Just as he got passed the gate a taxi happened to appear driving past, and he gave it a quick signal and managed to step inside.

"Where are we going pal?" The man asked in a thick russian accent.

"14 Luthor Street."

"Sorry pal, I don't go that way." He stated.

"Can you drop me off as close as possible to there."

"Sure, I'll see what I can do."

Tim began rapidly turning the handle that lowered the window, before sticking his head out. "Good luck guys, see you when this is all over." He shouted, before the car started driving off.

13. I.A. By the Barn

Where was the IT man going? He has the card with a possible clue on it! Shit, Sapphire is knocked out and Silhouette has disappeared and now Joey is getting panicky. I have to do something. At full speed I ran straight at one of warriors who were advancing at Maestro, while Joey fluttered up into the air, observing the scene. The warriors being rather tall, I leapt into a head butt, knocking him clean out. John was dealing with the another one and Maestro was still trying to control the other. Both my head and legs throbbed. He can deal with that one can't he? Again I rolled up my sleeves and rubbed my arms as Joey landed on my head. I needed to get that computer card. Why was the computer guy leaving? Is he double crossing us? I felt the feathers break through my skin and I scrambled up some rubble as a taking off area. Joey stayed clinging to my head. "That's really not helping, mate." I mumbled. I flapped my wings a few times and then ran, feeling the wind pull me up and then, I was in pursuit of the taxi.

gibble410 likes this.
  14. ManOrAstroMan

Jacob cursed inwardly. He was the Maestro, for Grimm's sake! He piped a plague into an incinerator. He played a horde of undead to sleep. He sang the Martian fleet to dancing, and then dated their general for almost a year, but that's not relevant, stay focused, Jacob. Surely, he couldn't be that rusty?
    Well, if he couldn't take out the monkeys, he'd go straight for the organ grinder.
    Focusing on Morgana, he summoned his Dissonance and shouted "STOP!"

15. gibble410

Sapphires eyes fluttered open, where she saw John holding her. She was so surprised she kicked his face. She stood up and looked around. Morgana? There she is. There's Jacob.
    "Sorry John!" She called out as she hared away. John could hold his own, as well as Silhouette but where was Silhouette? And where was the IT guy going? She saw Pigeon Man flap into the air beside her. That's pretty cool! She thought. But I also need to get that stick! Sapphire looked around, and once again spotted her car door. Jumping on it, she soared through the air, after Timothy.
    Looking at the taxi, Pigeon Man flying above her, she had just one thought. Its time to play some mind games.

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  16. I.A. By the Barn

"You alright?" I called to Sapphire below me. She had leapt to action very quickly after up, I hope she wouldn't regret that later. I'm glad both of us both had the same idea, because Joey couldn't really help me. My previous 'missions' if you can call them that had all ended with me being told that the results were good but methods, not so much. Below the taxi drove like a mad man was at the wheel, barreling down the streets.
    I don't think any ordinary taxi driver would be driving like, would he?

17. gibble410

Feeling the wind fly through her hair she scarcely heard Pigeon Mans comments. Trying her best to be loud she replied.
    "Just feeling a bit queasy, and dizzy but I will be all right!"
    We need to find a way to stop that taxi! Sapphire thought. Scanning the street, she could only see the blue car that she stole her door from. Surprisingly, no one had noticed! Flinging her hand out, she made the Prius roll directly in front of the swerving taxi.
    Laughing she called to Pigeon Man.
    "Hey, ya think Joey could give us a report on what's going on if they stop down there?"

18. I.A. By the Barn

"Hey, don't make fun. Joey is just coming along for the ride." I call back. "He's a bloody amazing bird, but a bird. I could do something? Like land on the taxi?" Shit, what did I say that for? I can't land on a taxi! I was nearing the taxi and the car that Sapphire used as a blockade, I had to land soon anyway so I started dropping height. Buildings started to rise up around me as the vehicles grew larger. Would I make it?

19. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    John's laser beams hit the early human warriors and they staggered and fell over, dead. They were no match for a futuristic laser gun. The only ones left were the two that Jacob had bewitched with his music. They kept coming forward, as slow as snails, as if they were fighting through a thick wall of jelly.

When Morgana saw Pigeon Man leaving, she reached into her cloak and took out another bone, this time a long curved talon. She threw it straight over her head and it flew after Pigeon Man as if it was lighter than air. The higher it climbed, the more the air around it vibrated and blurred, turning greyish green. Finally, it turned into a fully grown pterodactyl, with a huge sharp beak, long talons, and wide leather wings that flapped mightily. The pterodactyl screeched and raced after Pigeon Man.

And then Jacob struck Morgana with Dissonance. She screamed in pain and clutched her ears, which were bleeding wildly. Suddenly, Silhouette reappeared: she had used a compact grappling hook to climb up the ceiling and now she dropped down behind Morgana like a deadly spider. Silhouette grabbed Morgana's head from behind and yelled, "WHY ARE YOU HERE? ARE YOU WORKING ALONE OR IS SOMEONE ELSE IN CHARGE? TELL ME!!!" But Morgana just laughed and disappeared in a flash of purple light.

Morgana reappeared behind Silhouette with a short knife in her hand, but Silhouette had predicted that she would do that: she spun around and kicked Morgana in the head. Morgana cried out and dropped her knife and clutched her nose; now her ears and her nose were bleeding. "You will all pay for this!" Morgana growled. There was another flash of purple light and she was gone.

"Where is Pigeon Man?" Silhouette demanded as she picked up Morgana's knife and tucked it into her belt. "And where is Tim?"

20. I.A. By the Barn

As the ground rushed towards him, Danny heard the panicked calls of Joey.
    God damn it, why would anyone hurt a poor bird? He risked a look behind and there was some prehistoric terror on their tails. Especially on Joey's, as it was taking delight in removing his feathers.
    "You bastard of a creature!" Danny yelled, "You can't even make up if you're a bird or lizard!"
    He tried swooping around but forgot how low he was and hit a tv dish, perched on the side of the building. Do people still have these things? His feathers, like the fickle things they were, started to retract into his arms again, allowing Danny to cling to the stupid tv thing. He watched in horror as Joey plummeted on to the roof of a nearby building. That pterodactyl had to die. It swooped down on Joey like a hawk. Its my fault, I was feeling nervous as usually so I decided to bring poor Joey into this. He had to swing himself onto that roof.
    However a sickening screech from the taxi below, floated up to his ears. Tim! Do I drop down saving Tim who may be betraying us right now or go for Joey? His calls filled Danny's mind. He let go with one arm and fished around in his coat for his pocket knife. Using his teeth, Danny opened the blade and lobbed it at the creature, which screamed as the knife slid down one of its paper like wings. It stayed where it was but it now was paying attention its wing rather than Joey. Danny then let go, praying he would land on something nicer than hard floor this time.

21. gibble410

Sapphire screamed as the monster attacked Joey. Monster or USB? Her mind said. She called out to Danny.
    "I can take Tim, you get the monster!"
    But he might not have the power to hold it off. Well, here's a little distraction for it!
    Raising her hands, she flung the blue Prius into the creature, and as it squawked she jumped off her car door and onto the taxi roof. She then felt a pain, as if the creature buried its jaws in her stomach. But she knew she was mentally feeling someone else's pain. Who?

22. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

The cab driver had turned the radio to a station that seemed to permanently be playing Sweet Home Alabama, and Tim found himself humming along slightly. He wasn't particularly fond of the song, though he found it relaxing considering everything that had happened. That being barely anything of course. He had always been an anxious man, despite the fact that everything was just alright. He glanced out the back window of the car, spotting the flying beast before looking back at the driver. He decided to say nothing.

obi-sem kenobi likes this.
  23. gibble410

Reaching down over the car, Sapphire grabbed the handle, and wrenched it open. Flipping inside the car, she found herself next to Tim.
    "Give me the USB drive NOW." She called.
    "Or else, I will have to resort to less pleasant means of enforcement." She snarled.

24. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Silhouette was pissed. She had ordered everyone to stay together, and yet they had all gone their own way. Actually, it was Tim who started this, running off with the USB stick and leaving the rest of them to fight Morgana and her Neanderthal warriors. "Follow me," Silhouette ordered the retired superheroes who were still with her. She sprinted out of the building and out the gate and kept going down the street, pumping her legs and swinging her arms like a professional track runner. Finally, she skidded to a stop next to a shiny black van that was parked in an alleyway. She pressed the large silver 'S' that was on her belt buckle and the car beeped and all the doors unlocked.

"Get in," Silhouette snapped angrily. Her shyness and awkwardness had completely evaporated. She was so angry that all she could focus on was finding Tim and getting that USB back before it got stolen or destroyed. She jumped into the driver's seat and started the engine. Then she pulled out of the alley and pressed a large blue button. The van sprouted black metal wings from both sides and the tires converted into spinning turbines.

"Hold on," Silhouette instructed. She floored the gas petal and the van took off like a rocket. When they were high over the rooftops, Silhouette spotted Tim's taxi below. She pushed the steering wheel down and the van dived, heading straight for the yellow cab.

25. obi-sem kenobi

Everything suddenly happened so fast that it took him a while to be offended. This wasn't the first time he'd been kicked in the face though, so he managed to keep himself from losing consciousness. He sprung back up with a "Oi, what was that for!" only to find himself screaming at thin air. He looked around a few times in confusion before hearing something that sounded like an apology soaring through the air. Before he could ask where the heck she was going, Morgana let out a nasty screech and Silhouette appeared at the scene again. Man, she was cool. Even made that flying dinosaur look bad.

With Morgana gone John was finnaly going to give her that hug he'd been holding back for this entire fight. He was really very happy she wasn't dead. However, her tone indicated she wasn't in a hugging mood right now. She was really quite scary when she was like this. He descided to just follow her lead and stay quiet for a while.

That flying car though...