Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by EdFromNY, Sep 16, 2013.

Is there a plan with the whole reputation thing?

I now see that everyone's reputation bars have been reduced to none, one or (in one case I've seen) two. And, of course, Daniel's many, with which I have no quibble. It appears that reputation points were converted to "Likes received", but it also appears that while reputation points had been weighted (based on the rep level of the one giving the rep), "likes" are one to a customer, and no limits.

The only reason I bring this up is that I always thought the rep system was a pretty good tool for newcomers to determine who had established themselves on the site as a reliable resource and who hadn't, and on a forum where there are a lot of "how to" questions, people should have some kind of guide as to whose advice might really be helpful. But if the ground rules of that system are unknown, or the metrics are changed without explanation, then it isn't going to be very effective.

So I just thought I'd ask.

Pheonix likes this.
  2. idle

idle Active Member

3. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

I hadn't seen that. Thanks.

Pheonix likes this.
  4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I agree with Ed. I have no issue with having reduced green bars, but I see new members with 20 posts having two green bars, and I have none. It is a bit weird, that's all. I'd say the new system of converting isn't really indicative of anything useful to new members, which was sort of the whole point. Could we please just have the old reps back, dissociated from Likes? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.