Unique powers

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by stampman, Sep 15, 2015.

1. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

Lol that sounds like my Tonya anyway. Maybe they are the same

2. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Aquaman, but with land animals. A druid, I tell you!

3. Philemon

Philemon New Member

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but you should read Worm. It's a web serial about superheroes that does a good job with making super powers you've seen before interesting and not (always) overpowered.
    Another recommendation is to watch/read JoJo's bizarre adventure if you haven't already; there's a great deal to be learned from the powers from part 3 onwards. Also it's a great show.

4. TheJerminator15

TheJerminator15 New Member

You could try focusing on specific aspects for an individual's powers. An example would be somebody who has the power to redirect things like kinetic energy, energy or just something specific like lightning. I would make the characters less able to rely on their powers individually and work in teams to overcome each others weaknesses. Following the above example that would make that power very powerful defensively, since he could absorb nd throw back the attack. But he would also suck in an offensive placement, creating a very obvious weakness.

5. stampman

stampman Member

Yeah I actually have a guy who absorbs kinetic energy and stores it. He "flies" by jumping from high locations and immediately releasing it, propelling him into the air