Tags:
  1. bull kaka

bull kaka Member

Universal Greetings to All Beings and Races.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bull kaka, Jul 14, 2017.

Hi,
    Took me a while to say hi, I just jumped straight in to critique...lol
    I am living in Thailand, as long as I can before Visas run out, then I guess I will hop onto some other South East Asian country until the same happens again, and so on. I was originally from the UK.
    I had about 10 years of work get destroyed in my first divorce.
    I then gave everything up when I first became a monk. I was living alone on an island for a year, when I came back the rats had finished off anything I had managed to hold onto.
    Another stab at writing and I was looking at the fiction and non-fiction market, I had planned many books from my areas of expertise, and a few short stories. This time I lost everything to another ex-wife's crazy parents.
    Went off and became a monk again sat in the mountains for a while, again with nothing but a bowl and my robes.
    Came back a few months ago really happy to be alive and realised I will try to publish ASAP in case any more major calamities befall me.
    I have never had any coaching in writing, although I am an avid reader. I just started a MOOC which has helped me immensely. I am also learning what I can from google and youtube about how to write properly.
    I won a load of competitions when I was a kid, but that was the last time I actually showed any of my writing to anyone.
    Looking forward to becoming an active member in the community.
    Currently managing to write about three or four short stories a week for the last 2 weeks so it would be nice to put some up and get some feedback.
    I also love reading all the work here, it is great seeing so many different styles and genres.
    Peace to you and all your characters :)

2. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Senior Member

That's quite a story. What sort of monk were you?

3. bull kaka

bull kaka Member

there's so much more...
    I am 45 now and people had a problem believing me about my history when I was in my 30's. I got a whole load more that has gone on since then, luckily a lot of it is spread around the internet in places.

I was a Buddhist monk, as part of my travels, I have been living in many temples in the UK and Asia.
    Not bad for a kid whose only option for feeding himself was working as a stripper (sounds rough, but really it was the ideal job for an eighteen year old, also fed me with loads of material for future books). I used to have a journal of sorts from back then, so I'm sad it has gone, but my memory will probably make things more exciting than they really were...haha