Unnatural Campus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheApprentice, Feb 16, 2014.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

'Whew,' Mikkish thought, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Alright, there! We have the chocolate back. Can we stop trying to jump over now?" Mikkish asked with an annoyed voice.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, land appeared on either side of the boat, where there was no land before. It was as if the boat had passed over a switch and the island flickered on like a light.

"Holy shit. I ain't never seen anything like that." Mikkish said to himself out loud.

mmarage likes this.
  2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"Not interested...." mumbled the girl.
    "It's all wet... besides there is not really value of something I didn't get by myself... so take it and do whatever you want to... Why don't you give it to chocolate boy here?...." stated before turning around and walking away.

And then the water gave origin to a landscape...

"Holy shit. I ain't never seen anything like that." Mikkish said to himself out loud.

"I had" replied the girl as if the boy were to be talking to her. "In a movie, I don't remember the name though... Yeah it wasn't real and this is... maybe... but it doesn't make false the claim that I had seen this before right?"

3. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I sighed. "You went to retrieve it in the first place though... at least a thank you would have been nice." I thought frowning, it was just something nice that I wanted to do, however if this is what she wanted... "Here, you can have it." I said smiling, I couldn't let that girl get me down! I handed the bag off to David, and just in time too, I probably would have dropped the bag when the land appeared. "W-Whoa!" I said completely shocked at the land that had suddenly appeared. "T-This is... this is awesome!" I thought, I rushed back over to my luggage and picked it up, knowing we'd be getting off soon.

4. TheApprentice

Just then the boat shook violently. Enough to cause everyone aboard to stumble.

"Oh God damnit!" The captain was heard yelling from his cabin. Stepping out onto the deck, he let out an apologetic sigh.

But before he could make an announcement to the passengers, the boat crashed into the rocky shore, causing the motor to shut off and the back end to sink, but only far enough for water to leak in over the side. They had made it to land, but not exactly the way anyone intended them too.

"The island, being invisible, does cause problems every now and then." The captain announced, getting up after the crash caused him to fall over "The shore is impossible to see. I go by instinct and by following the map, but there is no 100% guarantee that mistakes won't happen." He said to the passengers, as the crew men each got pistols from a locked hatch below deck.

"You guys ok?" Mikkish asked Joe, David, Hikaru, not effected by the crash as he was holding onto the railing for leverage "Woah, those crew men are gettin guns. This is about to get dangerous it looks like."

mmarage likes this.
  5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"When do we get our peanuts?" David asked noticing the boat had stopped. "If its the end of the ride then we normally get peanuts right?"

Shut up......

David's lips visibly turned into a frown as a familiar voice sounded in his head.

"Awww that's mean Junior." David said a loud shaking his head. "Anyway." He said turning back to the others. "I'm fine as long as I get my peanuts."

6. TheApprentice

Mikkish took a deep sigh 'I hope this retard can defend himself. He has a sword, it looks real, and he is on a boat reserved for mages.' He thought, ignoring what he was saying about a guy named 'Junior.'

Mikkish turned his dark green eyes to the dark green jungle which stood where the rocky shore ended, and was so thick as to prevent anyone from seeing to deep into it.

"Aw, every time this happens, Liz gives me hell." The captain muttered to himself, before turning back to the passengers "We are going to have to walk the rest of the way. It will be dangerous so don't wander away from the group." Were his last words before one of the crew men handed him a Thompson, A.K.A. Tommy Gun, and the rest of the crew men started rounding up the passengers to move through the jungle. One crew man holstered his pistol and grabbed a machete, as there were no trails through.

"Alright, Goku with the blue hair, you hear that? Don't wander off and get killed." Mikkish told David, for some reason feeling an obligation to look out for him. Mikkish then walked after the rest of the passengers and the crew.

mmarage likes this.
  7. mmarage

"WHOA!" I shouted, I fell to my hands and knees, my luggage went a slid feet in front of me, I quickly got up and checked my luggage, everything seemed fine... I pulled out my bow and quiver. "I-I see... let's be careful then." I said, slinging it around my back, then followed the crew, staying close to to the mentally handicapped boy and the seasick boy... I really needed to ask their names.

Leon had been holding onto the rails, Johnny, or whatever his name was, was getting noisy so Leon had him hold the last piece of his luggage in his mouth, the only thing Leon had been holding was his katana, if anyone of these idiots tried to pull anything, he didn't have any qualms about killing them outright, after all, how dare they even think to harm him, they should know their places... when the boat had slammed into the mainland, he didn't go flying, but the same couldn't be said about poor Jeremy, he went flying, slamming against the ground face first, breaking his glasses and Leon's bags going everywhere. "Oh Jason, look at what you did!" Leon said chastising him. "Pick it up, now." He said, Jeremy was quick to do it, mumbling about his name being Jeremy, not as if Leon cared though, they went with the crew when ordered to, some of the crew members giving Jeremy sympathetic looks.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  8. TheApprentice

And so as the crew and other passengers began stepping off the crashed fishing boat, Mikkish of course, followed. It was a surprise that nobody was severely injured. Then again, everyone had been standing in the back of the boat, and it was the front of the boat that had crashed.

Mikkish stepped off onto the rocky shore, along with David, Joe, and Hikari. A few other students followed, but Mikkish paid no attention to them. He did wonder, however, what dangers lurked in the jungles they would be walking through, and just how far away the city was.

mmarage likes this.
  9. lixAxil

People carrying big guns made the girl to worry for an instant...

"Hey... those things are big..." mumbled to one of the men... "What are we expecting, dinosaurs?" asked in a serious tone as if she were really believing her words.

These guys... are all weird, are they all magic's practicians also? and if that's the case, shall I seriously expect something unnatural to show up?. The hands of the girl readied, despite carrying nothing more than a big bag on her back.

Well if something shows up then I use Lt. Chocolate as a bait and then run away thought the girl when she suddenly realized something...

Come to think... I dunno how is Lt. Chocolate supposed to be called like, in fact I'm surrounded by unknown people, the least we could do is to introduce ourselves.

Then the girl suddenly stopped and shouted, she really shouted the strongest she could.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!"

For an instant she quited trying to recover a bit of breath and continued with her intention of knowing the identity of her companions, yet instead of presenting herself as it should be usual she pointed her index finger at the group and said...

"I demand all of you to reveal your names to me!!!" screamed though in a more calmed way than before

10. TheApprentice

Mikkish stood staring at Hikari for a moment.

"My name is Mikkish Callanhad." He said eventually, thinking the girl was pretty but kind of weird "I would love to know your name, but in a minute. I got to get my bags real quick."

Mikkish rushed real quick back to the wrecked boat. He wondered how much further he would have gotten if he wasn't stopped and reminded of his baggage by the sight of others getting theirs. He reached into the open hatch and picked up his duffel bag.

Pausing for a moment...Mikkish opened the bag to check and see if the book was still there. He held it close when he saw it was. Never did he remember being so attached to an item.

He then stuffed it back in his bag and rushed back over to his new friends.

"Alright, now I'm set. Anyway, yeah, what's your name?" Mikkish asked Hikari "What is everyone's name?" He then asked Joe and David

mmarage likes this.
  11. lixAxil

... "So Mikkish Callanhad, strange name..." replied the girl

"Alright, now I'm set. Anyway, yeah, what's your name?" Asked Mikkish which lead the girl silent for an instant wondering...

"Heeey, why are you asking my name, are you picking on me or flirting?... well it won't work so fuck off!" exclaimed and only an instant after realized that she asked first and she had to introduce also...

"Oh... right... introductions sorry. Well my name or rather names are Hikaru Kurosawa or Sveta Kurosawa, pick the one you prefer the most, both are valid." stated after a very abrupt and sudden change of mood.

12. TheApprentice

"....Ok, cool. Well I will call you Hikaru." He said, thinking about her assumption that he was hitting on her.

'If I wanted you that way I could just use my telepathic gift.' He thought, not sure if he would ever want to now, seeing how crazy she was. He heard that crazy bitches gave the best sex, but he didn't want to risk getting castrated...which a girl like Hikaru would surely do in her insanity.

"Alright...well anyway. What about you guys?" He asked David and Joe.

mmarage likes this.
  13. mmarage

"Oh, my name is Joseph Hikari Nobunaga, but you can just call me Joe, it's very nice to meet you Mikkish, Hikaru." I said smiling, bowing politely, I was doing my best to stay calm and think clearly as we made our way through the forest, when Mikkish had ran back to gather his things, I tried to call out to him to stop, however he didn't listen and I sighed, praying that he'd be alright, and then sighing in relief once he came back in one piece.

14. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Four months earlier...

"Useless. Absolutely useless."

"Well, you can't expect our first experiment to go well, can you? Maybe non-mages just don't have the mental capacity for it." another voice said.

"Still -we watched her for practically the whole of her life. She even survived the initial transformation... I expected more than this."

This was a thin, draconic creature laying chained at the bottom of a cistern. Muzzle curled back in a permanent snarl, it let out a gurgling hiss and wriggled against it's bindings. Ugly scars traced the whole of it's body, from chest to stomach, from face to tail, which thrashed wildly and slapped against the cold, slimy walls of its cage. However, it's feeble attempts at looking fierce were quickly dismissed by the two shadowy figured standing high above at the rim.

"She'll likely be dead within a few hours. Get rid of it. At least it might cause some damage before it's lights out." The smaller one moved away, leaving the first to gaze down at the creature with a mixture of pity and curiosity on his face. The beast let out a hollow scream that echoed dully off the walls.

"Heart of dragon -blood of griffon. Eye of newt and claw of raven. You were one of our greatest hopes, Cheza. Now, you will simply waste away, with nothing to show for it." He shook his head and waved a hand, and the creature screamed one last time before it was sucked away into a dark abyss.

The chains rattled, then grew still, empty of their captive one more.

Present Day...

The soft patter of feet was the only thing that could be heard in the leaves, crunching, skittering, slithering along at a pace that only a scared mouse could make. Cheza watched it with momentary disdain before her head shot out of the bushes and she snatched the tiny mammal up. Her teeth quickly shredded it, bones and all, into mincemeat, and she gulped it down in less than a second, only to retract her head back into her den.

Then she shape-shifted back into human form with a gurgling cry and retched up the mouse with a violent heave. Trembling as she stared at the remains, Cheza resisted the urge to swallow a moment before she vomited again.

Hungry... so hungry... she whimpered and curled up into a ball against the soft earthen wall of her cave. Her eyes rolled about aimlessly, refusing to look at the mouse as the stench of old meals hit her nose. Behind her, the carcasses of a deer, a crocodile, and some other unidentifiable animal lay against the back wall. Despite their differences, all were similar in the fact that a gaping hole filled each one's chest, and their skin flapped inward as if there was nothing inside the creatures. Which was the truth. Hearts, lungs, stomachs, livers, she had devoured their internal organs as if they'd been candy. Only to vomit them back out again when the taste registered.

She knew that the beast was messing with her mind, she knew that raw meat shouldn't have tasted as sweet as candy on her tongue. Yet she couldn't keep it down despite the tantalizing aromas and flavors. Every time she remembered she was human, that she was being controlled by a monster, always broke the tract of insanity that had taken over her mind in that instant.

But it seemed to be taking over more and more often now. The beast was hungry, it begged her to let them eat. It begged her to let them live. To kill. To devour. To shred those who had done them harm.

Hungry... Cheza whimpered again and crawled out of the den. Her legs almost refused to carry her now, and she stumbled through the underbrush clumsily. The beast tried to take over again just to make her stop being so loud, but once the scent of death hit the noses of every animal nearby, they went silent anyways.

Yet it was not her scent that Cheza suddenly focused on. Or the beast had. Cheza stumbled back with a small cry when the tang of cinnamon and lilacs hit her nose -a scent like milk and honey. Of nourishment.

Human. Oh god there's humans here! Wide-eyed and quaking at the knees, Cheza started to run in the opposite direction when the first mental wave hit her.

HUNGRY! HUMAN! MUST KILL! MUST KILL! the beast roared with unbridled rage, and Cheza only made it a few feet before she was forced to curl up in the fork of a tree's roots. Shaking uncontrollably, the girl wrapped her arms around her head and prayed that whoever was out there would not come any closer.

15. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

“Well my name Will Smith.” David replied. “West Philadelphia is where I was born and raised, on the playground where I spent most of my days.” David paused pondering how he came to the school.

“I got into one little fight and my mom got scared and said you’re moving with your uncle and auntie in….in….on a giant island called Bel Air.”

David nodded happily. “Yep!”

16. TheApprentice

The crewmen continued marching through the jungles as the students followed close behind.

Mikkish stopped talking for a moment as his feet kept walking. What was wrong with this kid?

"Well...this isn't Bel Air im afraid. According to my sources this is Gotha Island." Mikkish said, playing along with what David said. "Alright, nice to meet you...Will."

The crewmen continued to hack the vegetation away to make a path. Mikkish suddenly felt pressure building up in his bladder. Well he actually had to go back on the boat, but wanted to wait till they got to the city.

"Hey I got to take a leak real quick!" Mikkish called to the crewmen.

"We ain't moving that fast. You can catch up." The captain said in frustration. He never anticipated having to keep this many students safe while walking through the jungle.

Mikkish shrugged and walked over to a nearby tree to get relief. His foot smushed down into a pile of dirt and red ants started crawling all over his leg.

"Ah!" Mikkish yelled, running around the tree, trying to get all the ants off. When he came to the fork of its roots he pulled up his pant leg and started smacking the ants. His face turning red from the pain of the ant bites.

It wasn't until he finished that he noticed the girl curled up in a ball.

"Whoa! Who are you? Are you lost?" He asked the red haired girl.

mmarage likes this.
  17. mmarage

"Ah, I'll stay behind with him, it's best to be with someone else in case something happens." I said smiling, I stopped with Mikkish and politely kept my back to him, only turning around when he yelled, I looked at him completely confused as he ran around the tree. "Huh...?" I muttered completely confused, only realizing what was wrong once he had pulled his pant leg up and began swatting the red ants off of him. "Oh my." I mumbled, I heard him ask someone a question, I walked over and saw who he was asking the question to. "Oh goodness... ma'am are you alright?" I asked rushing over to the girl and knelt down. "Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked.

18. TheApprentice

Mikkish paused, looking at the girl and how upset she was.

"...She looks like she's been through hell. Those crew guys probably have machine guns for a reason. There's gotta be meth dealers, heroin dealers, rapists and God knows what else out here. We should probably get the crewmen." Mikkish said, before noticing once more how badly he had to go. "But first...some business to take care of..." Mikkish said, running off to another tree and getting relief. There were no ants and no werewayvern this time.

mmarage likes this.
  19. Keitsumah

Cheza shook her head slowly, but she was surprised that the beast suddenly quieted down once she heard their voices. Maybe she was getting better at controlling it?

"...She looks like she's been through hell. Those crew guys probably have machine guns for a reason. There's gotta be meth dealers, heroin dealers, rapists and God knows what else out here. We should probably get the crewmen."

"N-n-n-not... danger... h-here..." she stammered, refusing to uncurl. "D-d-dark..." The creature could just be waiting to strike at her defenses when she least expected it to. That only reminded her of her imprisonment. "Chains... cold... k-knives..." the last word came out as a mere whisper.

Not creature. Wyrkae. They called me a wyrkae. Cheza had heard of wyverns and dragons in fairy-tales. Was she something in between? Shivering, Cheza forced herself to uncurl slightly and look up.

A boy about her age crouched a foot away, gazing at her with warm brown eyes. It was that that finally caused her to calm down a bit more and sit up, though her hands and legs were tucked in defensively. But it wasn't just fear of them that she had. Now that they saw her face, they could plainly see her dilated, slit-like pupils, and the scale imprints on her face. Two scars also started at the base of her throat, spreading down and under her dress in a vague "X" shape. The scars that had been left behind after the heart transfer.

But one question kept nagging at her, now that she could finally ask.

"W-What year is it?"

20. TheApprentice

Mikkish observed the girls eyes. He almost never saw a human being with such eyes, and when he did, he always wondered how they pulled it off. Nobody that he actually knew had slit pupils. Mikkish was automatically creeped out when he noticed the pupils.

"...Alright, let's get you to the crewmen. The city is apparently close by." Mikkish said, offering the girl a hand.

He thought back to the crewmen and the captain. What if they were going to carry them out to some place in the jungle and gun them down?

mmarage likes this.
  21. Keitsumah

Cheza hesitated for a moment, then let the boy help her up. She wobbled unsteadily on her feet for a moment, but was soon able to stand on her own without any help. But at mention of the crewmen, the beast hissed in the back of her mind. Kids were one thing, but at the mention of adults it immediately wanted to kill again.

No humanzzzzz.... no humanzzzzz.... no killee chick-hatchlingzzzz.... but kileee manzzzz! Hurt! Hurt! They hurt ussssss! It hissed incessantly, and the girl cringed at the memory of her tormentors. At least they both agreed on something -they wanted to avid pain at all costs. being hurt again like that was out of the question, Cheza would soon die rather than go through that again.

When Mikkish looked at her again, he would see that her grey eyes had returned to normal, and the scaly imprints under her skin had vanished. The beast was satisfied, now that Cheza would willingly make an escape if something went wrong.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  22. TheApprentice

Mikkish smiled at the girl. Like Hikaru, this girl was cute too. Maybe when everyone got to the city, Mikkish could game her.

No!

No.

That would be wrong. The girl was obviously traumatized by some kind of torture....but she was cute. Mikkish hated moral conflicts.

"Alright, come on. Let's catch up with everyone else." Mikkish said, guiding Cheza towards the crewmen "What's your name?"

mmarage likes this.
  23. lixAxil

Sveta walked with a bored face with the group..

I'm surrounded by weirdos, and who is this girl now?, she creeps me, I bet I'm the only sane one here thought the girl

Mikkish asked the girl her name yet Hikaru interrupted him...

"Hey... what if we call her Gollum, I think it fits her perfectly dontcha think Lt. Chocolate?" said turning to Will the prince of Bel Air

24. TheApprentice

Mikkish turned to Hikaru/Sveta, glaring. It seemed like every other minute something weird was happening, or someone was acting weird.

But, Mikkish decided to play it off cool. Life's too short to get upset that people are acting strange.

Mikkish's face lightened up and he smiled.

"I would say Will is a little white to be LT Chocolate, wouldn't you?" He said, continuing towards the crewmen "And she's not Gollum. She ain't ugly enough."

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    mmarage likes this.
  25. mmarage

My eyes had widened when I saw her appearance, it wasn't the scales, but the scars that bothered me... who would harm a girl like that...? I noticed after a little bit, her scales disappeared, Mikkish seemed to have completely ignored her question. "It's 2008." I said simply, I completely ignored Hikaru's comment about calling the girl 'Gollum'. "My name is Joseph Hikari Nobunaga, you can call me Joe, it's very nice to meet you, what's your name miss?" I asked bowing politely.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014