1. Member 36723

Member 36723 Guest

POV

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Member 36723, Feb 14, 2013.

I'm working on a game. I want the campaign to have each chapter to have another hero as a main character, but the chapters themselves combine into a coherent story-line. What is the best way to do it?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

are you looking for a co-creator?... that seems to be what you're asking for here...

3. Xatron

Xatron New Member

There are people whose profession is actually creating the stuff you are asking for.

4. Member 36723

Member 36723 Guest

I've seen a couple of games do it for better or worse. I'm not looking for any co-. What I mean is, from a writer's perspective, how'd you do it?

5. popsprocket

popsprocket Member

So basically you want a different character to be the hero in each chapter, but still have it make sense?

Seems pretty simple to me if that's the case. Each chapter where the hero changes, you simply assign them a task to which they're best suited out of the group and their efforts are lauded by the others.

6. Pyraeus

Pyraeus New Member

Reading from a list on Goodreads about popular books with multiple POV's, you should check out "Pushing the Limits" by Katie McGarry and "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles.
    Here is the link so you can see the others:
    http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/multiple-pov

Also, I can point out A Song of Ice and Fire since George flips between the different characters in a way which leaves you wanting to know about what is happening to, say, Jon Snow, but first you need to read about what is happening to Tyrion and by the end of that chapter you also want to know what happens next to him.

I really need to find some good books to reference so I won't refer to the same series over and over again...

7. creative_nothings

creative_nothings New Member

^^

Nothing wrong with pointing out A Song of Ice and Fire! I've spent countless hours unable to put those books down simply because I really wanted to know what was going to happen to my favorite characters yet had to read several more chapters to get back to them!

I'm also in the process of writing a novel in which the characters start out apart and come together later in the story. I'll update if I think of any tips that might help and will definitely follow this thread cause I could use some tips myself! :)

Good luck!

8. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

can't they just pass on the baton as in a relay race but each segment is a different warzone with different weaponry and enemies?

9. Keremcan Tarhan

Keremcan Tarhan New Member

I'd suggest playing Heros of Might and Magic IV: The Gathering Storm. That game does what you described beautifully and it's so much fun.