1. Elksworth

Elksworth New Member

17 year old author from USA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elksworth, Jan 3, 2016.

Hello, my name is Elksworth and I am a 17 year old author from New Hampshire. I primarily write novels, taking inspiration from Tolstoy, Chekov, Dostoyevsky and the like. I am currently writing the second novel of my series, A Prelude to Drowning, but in reality, its more like the first novel, because the one I published before is actually more of a 117 page prologue haha.

Anyways, I hope to make some great writing friends, and I also hope that the novel I'm writing, entitled "Farmakon" will be published this year,.

Elksworth

2. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Hey, Elksworth!

Welcome to the forum. Speaking of Russian writers, I recently got halfway through Turgenev's Fathers and Sons -- I might go back to finish it at some point. There a number of literary writers here, as I'm assuming you are too. Farmakon sounds like something to do with the pharmaceutical industry, or no?

Anyhow, best wishes with your goals.

Brian

3. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

Greetings :)

4. Elksworth

Elksworth New Member

Hello and thank you for replying :)

Brian - Farmakon is indeed Greek for "Medicine" but my novel is about the creation of a love potion set in pre Christian Finland. It's completely fiction