1. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Suggestion Deleting conversations

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Lea`Brooks, Jun 11, 2016.

Could we create a way to delete private-message conversations? I have way too many, and the Type A person inside me is panicking because I can't get rid of them. lol I'm clean and organized and hate having a bunch of messages that I no longer need.

Halp, please?

BayView likes this.
  2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Go to your inbox, click the box beside the ones you don't want, and choose "Leave Conversation". That clears 'em out. :)

The downside is that I think the other person can see that you've left if they click in the message (because it shows who's in the conversation on the right). But if you're clearing out old messages I don't think anyone would take offence if they happened to see.

BayView likes this.
  3. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I would be VERY offended.

No one is EVER allowed to leave a conversation with me. Not ever. I'm the one who leaves, not anyone else.

Is that clear?!?

4. Lea`Brooks

But.... I don't want to leave them. I just want to delete them. lol I'm still in conversations with some of them. I guess I'll just leave the old ones... :(

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Nope. It doesn't. I've accidentally "left" conversations and chosen "not to receive further replies" upon leaving and then when I tried to get reincluded the software would not allow it. All the while, my member badge showed as still participating in the conversation, as reported by those trying to re-include me in the conversation, complete with screen-caps. o_O

Just "leave" the conversation and chose the option that allows you to receive later replies. It gives you a choice.

Tenderiser likes this.
  6. Lea`Brooks

Yep, I just discovered that. :p My bad... Sorry for making a pointless thread! lol

7. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Separation anxiety is very common. Admittedly, it's mostly in puppies, but I'm not judging. *pats head*

BayView likes this.
  8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Man, that's a weird design. Not gonna lie. Still showing up as a participant sounds like a Xenforo bug.

I double checked, but there isn't a functionality to "delete" conversations. It doesn't exist. Leaving a conversation is as close as it gets.