1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Writingforums.org Renaissance!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wreybies, Oct 17, 2013.

To the Forum,

I would like to personally thank all the members for their patience as Daniel irons out the last few details in the tremendous change we have gone through crossing over to Xenforoâ„¢. He's always behind the scenes tweaking and adjusting to get everything perfect. It's a lot of work, but he's on it. While all of that has been going on, have you noticed that the forum is in the middle of a small renaissance? New members joining the forum and adding to its dynamism has been on a steady and marked rise, and there has been an increase in new items up for critique in the Writing Workshop. Daniel has been adding new sections to the Workshop and new features to the forum that everyone should check out, especially the Resource Area. If you're unsure of how to use that new section of the forum or unsure about what you can put there, please ask one of the Staff. We're more than happy to help you.

And there's the Science Fiction Short Story contest that is very exciting!

If you've recently joined the forum, you've come at an opportune moment. Check the Suggestions and Feedback forum and give us your ideas and thoughts. Let us know about great things you've seen elsewhere that perhaps we could incorporate into our space here. The cement has yet to set, so the time is now! ;)

Wreybies

[​IMG]

2. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

There has indeed been a marked resurgence in forum activity! It is always a good thing when an owner does the things needed to keep old members and bring in new ones.

Let's hope us older members also strive to make the forums a pleasant place to improve their writing skills.

Andrae Smith and Wreybies like this.
  3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Admittedly, I'm still hazy about the Resource Area (will acquaint myself with it in the near future!).

The science fiction contest was a nice touch. Granted, my submission is still all over the place as if I had just sneezed it out, but the contest's a good kick-in-the-butt for many, I'd wager. Stop procrastinating and start creating, and all that.

But I can see this place is going through a lot of positive changes, even though I haven't been a member for such a long time yet. :)

4. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Many thanks to Daniel for his continued efforts. I joined on the cusp of change, and while it was a bit disorientating to start with, I'm settled well in now.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Oh! I forgot! With NaNoWriMo around the corner, there's been a lot of chat and discussion on the subject around the forum. Daniel has opened a sub-forum here in the Lounge just for NaNoWriMo. Join the discussion and see what all the excitement is about. :)

[​IMG]