Vampyre Story!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Sep 18, 2012.

1. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Nethan Barnes

I didn't like that the Gunman was locked up. We needed all the help we can get. I did not really know Calypso that well but take a gander. We are not strong enought to take the arse apparently. I walked up to her and looked in her eyes. "I know we barley know each other but. I think I might have to ask you if it is really best to have Gunman chained up. We may need him in the near future."

2. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Calypso

Calypso was leading them down the dark corridor, when she overheard Bree reciting some kind of poem. Maybe after all this was over Calypso would make her the royal Bard. Then Nethan started talking about the Gunman.

"We may need him in the near future."

Calypso gave him a blank stare and said, "That may be true, but he cannot expect to speak out of term in my own home and not be punished. He needs to learn a lesson in manners..." The Princess sniffed haughtily. "And we might go fetch him after we get the Queen's blessing for our mission."

They arrived at a black wood door shaped like a coffin lid--a gold bat with glinting ruby eyes and wings splayed was in the middle. It was guarded by two hulking Vampyres with wicked looking spears and elegant silver-tipped wood stakes in their belts. Calypso ignored them and approached the door. It had no handles, but it swept open under Calypso's touch. Inside was a lavish room hung with purple velvet tapestries and beautiful silver furniture and a polished black marble floor. A few dripping candles flickered on side tables and on the floor. There was a huge oak coffin padded on the inside with satin baby-pink cushions, but the queen was not there--she was reclining on a silver futon. Several handmaidens attended to her along with Agatha Harkness. The hedge witch was fiercely muttering spells under her breath and waving the fragrant smoke of a smoldering sage stick over Hecati's stomach. Nen the jaguar had reappeared and he was laying on a cushioned bed in the corner. He had several raw pink cuts around his neck and he licked them constantly.

"Queen Hecati's going to be alright", Agatha said with a sigh as they approached. "But she will need to rest for a few days. That potion Tsi Sgili gave Gentry was a nasty, nasty concoction...it sapped her powers and her strength. She won't be back to her old self for a while. Oh, and they found Nen with a ball-and-chain around his neck, Gentry must've got to him. He'll heal, too." Agatha smiled reassuringly at Calypso and went to sit on a padded silver stool nearby. "Mother?", Calypso said shakily. She knelt by Hecati and took her hand.

Hecati's eyes slowly open and she focused on Calypso with difficulty. "You...have a plan", Hecati said knowingly. "I can see it in your mind. Well, if you must...then go. Make me proud. Show that witch-bitch who's boss, my darling..." Then Hecati sighed. "I have to rest. You have my blessing: may your path be neat and rainbows ever touch your shoulders." It was an old Native American blessing, which was fitting since they were going up against an ancient Native American witch. Hecati closed her eyes and slept.

"I'll watch over her", Agatha chirped with a smile. She had six knitting needles in her hands and was finishing a long red scarf. "Ain't got nothin' else to do, anyway, and you did bring me to help her. But can you do me a favour, Tahra and little Timmy? Yes, I recognise you kiddos now. Can you bring me some normal food, please, all they got down here is blood stuff!"

Calypso rolled her eyes and they left.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Vampyre Princess led them down dark grimy steps to the dungeons to release the Gunman. They entered a long torch-lit hall lined with prison cells. Most were empty, some held skeletons and and all had horrific blood stains. The cell at the end of the hall was open--and there was some kidn of commotion coming from therein. Calypso hissed and flitted down the hall as quick as a shadow.

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

The first sight they saw was John evading swords and various elemental powers. He had one of the guards knives in his hand. He sent the blade spinning into a guards leg. He then brutalized the man in a flurry of punches. Two more guards came up from behind and easily overpowered him. But not before being bitten and scratched. John noticed Calypso. "I hate dungeons." He stated flatly. John truly hated being tied up.

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Calypso

The largest guard, the Vampyre with the Water affinity from earlier, came up behind John and raised his stake int he air, poised to kill.

"That's enough, Erebus", Calypso said calmly. Instantly all the tension left the guard's body and he bowed and stepped back. Calypso also waved away the guards that were holding John. "You fight well", the Princess said. "Anyone who can hold his own in a fight with Erebus is a true warrior--he is the head of the guards here. We will need you, John Doe."

With that, Calypso turned and headed back the way they had come. That was as close as she was going to get to saying an apology.

5. Kingtype

John only responded with "Can I have my equipment back?" He asked in a polite tone. He might as well be a gentleman for the next hour or so.

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Erebus speaks...

The head of security snapped his fingers and a guard zipped away and returned with a sack of Doe's weapons. "Fight well, fellow warrior", Erebus said in a deep rumbling voice. his deep brown eyes bored into John's. "Keep the princess safe. Please." He took the sack from the other guard and handed it to Doe. "We will meet again...", he said as a farewell.

7. Kingtype

John simply smiled "Yes perhaps we shall. But will we meet as warriors or as killers is the question?" He asked without looking back as he followed The Queen

8. TheLeonard112

Nethan Barnes

As I walk up to John I pat his shoulder and try to begin a conversation with him. "Look here, Gunman. I know you do not take orders, but be rational. The Princess was pretty cheesed off at you. Try to stay on her good side, or else, you might have your bloody head taken off. Then you will get no money." I looked at him then walked back next to the Princess. I thought to myself. I can't wait to get into a duel with that guy.

9. Kingtype

John rolled his eyes "I do take orders. That's why I'm working here." He stated bluntly. His face not having a hint of emotion. "I get paid to take orders. Pay me to do something and I'll do it." He said to Nathan.

10. TheLeonard112

Nethan Barnes

I looked at him coldly as I was not being as friendly as before. "All I'm saying is you got a smart mouth on ya, mate." I kept walking towards where ever we were going, with my arms to my side. "Do you have an element, Gunman?"

11. Kingtype

"Do I look like a vampire?" John asked smiling. Doe quickly caught up with Nathan "And no I'm not a mage either." He said slipping a pistol into his holster. John was just a man. A damn tough one, but still just a man.

12. TheLeonard112

Nethan Barnes

That's interesting. I'm not sure if I should like John or not. Only time will tell.

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Calypso

With the Vampire Princess in the lead, the companions flitted aboveground, this time coming up in a stone mausoleum in the middle of a cemetery. The heavy wooden doors were chained and locked from the outside, but Calypso simply pricked her finger with her catlike fangs and let a drop fall in a dusty old stone basin. The chains fell away and the doors creaked open.

Calypso led them out into the cemetery and then into the street. She paused and said, "I am left handed, so lets go left. Unless you have a better idea?" Without waiting for anyone's reply, she took off down the street. They didn't have to go far before they saw her--a tall cloaked figure standing in the middle of the street. It was the Tsi Sgili, it had to be. She was holding a defenseless baby in her arms, bundled in a blanket--the blanket was stained with blood. Was Disoppia actually feeding off of the poor infant!?, Calypso thought, repulsed by the very idea.

Disoppia raised her leather gloved hand and crooked a finger, Come and get me. Then she turned and sprinted with inhuman speed into an alleyway. Calypso hadn't known that Disoppia could move as fast as Vampyres, on top of all her other powers, but she didn't have time to puzzle it out. They had to save that baby.

"Get her!", Calypso cried fiercely, and sprinted after the evil witch.

Chase time!

14. TheLeonard112

(Should continue tomorrow with the other members)

15. Kingtype

John aimed his pistol at the moving Dissoppia and fired. He knew his mark would at the most at least nick her. As for the baby he knew his aim was skilled enough, not to hit it.

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Chase time!

Disoppia moved like a blur, zigzagging down the alleyway. John Doe's bullet would have hit her shoulder, but it was stopped by an invisible shield and it ricouchetted into a window. "She's got some kind of protection!", Calypso cried. The Vampyre Princess was moving as fast as she could, but the evil witch Disoppia was always at least twelve yards ahead. I'll catch her if it's the last thing I do!, Calypso thought. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she let the Tsi Sgili kill that baby--and this was personal. The ancient Witch Queen had poisoned her mother, Calypso would have her revenge!

Suddenly, Disoppia scaled a brick wall in a flash and took off across the roofs. "Don't let her escape!", Calypso shrilled. She flipped onto a Dumpster and then propelled herself high into the air and landed on the edge of the roof as graceful as a seasoned gymnast. She spared a second to look back to make sure her team was keeeping up, and then continued pursuing Tsi Sgili.

Your move!

17. Kingtype

John circled around the graveyard. He got a clear bead on his target. And aimed up at the roof tops at Dispoppia's back. But instead of aiming for her. John shot the steel water gutter on the roof. The bullet bounced off it and was now heading for Dispoppia's upper thigh.

18. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Chase time!

Once again, John's bullet bounced off Disoppia's invisible shield. This time it shot back at Calypso and almost hit her between the eyes, but she dropped on her back with lightning-fast reflexes and the bullet hit a telephone pole instead. She jumped back up just as quickly and glared at John with wide violet eyes. "Watch it, Doe! The bullets aren't working!" With that she sped off as fastas the wind, tailing Disoppia who had gained a lead due to John's bullet fiasco.

Disoppia sprinted ahead of them,leaping from roof to roof as nimble as you please. She suddenly dropped down onto the street level and Calypso and the other Vampyres jumped two more roofs before they were able to stop because of how fast they were going. "Back, we gotta go back!", Calypso shrilled. She ran back the way they had came and jumped down onto the street--just in time to see Disoppia's cape flap around a corner. Calypso gritted her teeth in anger and frustration and ran after her.

Your turn!

19. TheLeonard112

Nethan Barnes

All this comotion going on as I followed Calypso. The way we were doing this was having no affect. As well, the Gunman wasn't doing anything much that was working. I jumped in front of Calypso and stuck my sword into a nerby building and pulled myself up unto the roof with one big jult. "This blinkered way of chasing will get us no where!" i was on the roof and I jumped from roof top to roof top, going around corners, jumping of of a water tower to get better speed. I was a little ahead the rest of the group but I was on the roofs running next to and above the Witch.

20. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Bree

Bree had never left the rooftops. She knew how important the advantages of height was. Obviously Nethan had figured it out as well. Wayfarers bane was on and she moved without a sound. Nobody would be able to find her location, not even given time. If this went wrong, Bree would have an easy way out. Being a tracker had learned her how to hunt down others. She was very fast. Her eyes analysed the area around her and she spotted the route Disoppia was most likely to take. Using her light weight and strength in her legs, she propelled herself forward in another direction that would bring her closer to Disoppia's destination, the new route wasn't too far away and Bree could still see her companions. A warning flashed in her mind as the last event replayed in her mind. This bitch is luring us into a trap! Bree whispered into the wind, making her allies hear her as a gentle breeze. Not even they could pinpoint her location. "You know she is tricking us don't you? You're running right into her trap like scared rabbits. I can track her later, it's obvious that this is a trap." Her new route had led her into the lead. She hoped the others could keep up. There were great danger in battling the witch alone.

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Chase over!

This bitch is luring us into a trap!

Calypso could feel the truth in Bree's words. The Tsi Sgili had never run from them before, so why would she do it now? But if it was a trap, at least they knew about it in advance and were on their guard. Calypso shouted back to Bree, "So, what? You think we should just leave that innocent baby to die!? I won't do that!" The Vampyre Princess sprinted forward with a boost of speed...right into Disoppia's trap.

Disoppia had rounded a corner into a deadend alley. She stood with her back to them, as still as a statue. "Hand over the human child!", Calypso ordered in her most authoritive Princess voice. The Tsi Sgili turned to face them, her face hidden in shadow, and said, "Fine, you can have it!" And she threw the baby at Calypso.

Calypso caught the bundle of blankets and immediately realised it was not a real infant. The bloodsoaked blanket was wrapped around a mishapen melon--Calypso bashed it against the wall. "A trick!", Calypso cried. "You're not Tsi Sgili, are you?! Show your face!" The cloaked figure flipped back her hood--it was not the Witch Queen. It was a female Vampyre with strawberry blond curls and grey-blue eyes. Her thin lips stretched in a tight smile and other Vampyres appeared on the fire escape and the roofs and they blocked their way out to the street.

"End of the line, Hecati's little minions!", the strawberry blonde Vampyre sneered. She waved her hands and gathered wind into her hands to make a Wind Ball. She was an Air Vampyre--that was how she had moved so fast and how she had repelled the bullets. She must have had an Air Shield. Calypso cursed her stupidity.

"Get ready for battle!", Calypso warned her team mates.

Fight time!

Air Vampyre hurls her Wind Ball at John Doe!

Eleven Fledglings line the roofs and the fire escape!

AUTOMATIC POWER-UP!! Every player gets a Power-Up! Msg me your power-up idea and I will approve!

22. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Tahra leapt for Calypso and slashed at the blankets, aiming to rip them apart with her dagger as Timmothy bellowed and stomped the ground with forceful kicks, making the earth tremble.

"Daakyr! Get Heart-Render!" Tahra yelled, and the raven took off skyward. As Tahra whipped around she launched herself at two fledglings, clashing her dagger against the iron beam of the fire escape and knocking them over before leaping up onto the roof faster than the eye could track.

Timmothy remained on the ground, sending out his senses for any targets as his sister planned on covering his vulnerable points. Power surged through his body, and he began to tremble as Tahra did likewise. A new ability was beginning to surface in them.

What is this!? they both thought at the same time.

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Fight time!

Two Fledglings pounce on Timothy and try to bite his neck!

Three Fledglings surround Tahra on the roof and start trying to stab her with knives!

The female Air Vampyre conjures another Wind Ball and approaches John Doe!

Two Fledglings corner Calypso by a Dumpster! Calypso vibrates with a sudden rush of fire energy. She has a new power, Fire Darts. Calypso smiles and shoots a short beam of fire at one of the Fledglings and he stumbles back with a smoldering hole in his chest, just over his heart. The other Two Fledglings take a few steps back and look wary. Calypso just smiles and raises her hands, which as glowing with a nimbus of red energy. "Bring it", the Vampyre Princess growled.

Five Fledglings attack the rest with spears, knives, and fists!

Your turn!

24. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Bree, new power.

Bree sat unnoticed on a water tower close by. She smiled and analysed the battle to select her first victim. The unfortunate was a well muscled male vampire. He was slower than his allies and had his full attention on her comrades. She gathered air and used it to rip a hole in reality. Without a second thought she entered the hole. Appearing behind the man, she slid her dagger between his third and forth rib, strait into the heart. Grabbing his pouch she reentered the hole and it disappeared. What the heck just happened? Her adrenalin faded and she realized what she had done. I did it! I teleported! She replayed the scene in her head and pondered her new spell. The hole she had created was invisible to others. With her invisibility spell still on, the quick death of that vampire must have been scary. To the others, the death must have looked like he just started bleeding and then fell to the ground. Occupied as she was, Bree didn't really care to see if her victim survived or not. Her knife had tasted the blood of his heart, how could he survive something like that?

25. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Fight time!

Bree stabbed a Fledgling! Direct hit! The Fledgling is dead. Another Fledgling has the gift of enhanced senses. He sniffs roughly and targets Bree--and pounces after her with his pair of battle axes! Fight or flee?

Calypso dances around her attackers. The Two Fledglings continue to try to grab her and pin her down, but she slips under their outstretche dhands witht he ease of a ballerina. Calypso lets out a peal of delighted bubbly laughter--she is enjoying this. "My turn!", Calypso cried out. She points her pinky finger at one of the Fledglings, the one he had shot before, and blasts his throat with a fire dart. He chokes and gurgles blood and fall to his knees. Direct hit! The other Fledgling takes advantage of the moment to swipe Calypso's feet from under her and she falls. He pounces on her back and raises a curvy S-shaped dagger to stab her. "Heeelp!", Calypso shouted.

Your turn!