1. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gigi_GNR, Jul 30, 2009.

What are the little things that annoy you the most?

I hate chain letters. Like, really really hate them. I don't think that any dead body will appear in my closet or I'll have bad luck if I don't send something on to X amount of people.

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I hate it when people pee on a toilet seat and don't wipe it off. Or when they don't flush. Like...seriously? That's just gross. How does someone do that and think it's an ok thing to do?

I also really, really hate people who drive badly. Or ridiculously slowly.

And I'm a very cranky person today, so I could keep going forever, but I won't. I'll just stop there.

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Speaking of not flushing (gross times ten!!), I hate it when my brother forgets to do things. Mainly, forgets to close something he opened, put away something he took out, that kind of thing. He does that ALL THE TIME. I mean, for me it's second nature to close doors and put stuff away, but he does things half-as*ed. It annoys me to no end.

4. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Ugh. I hate those too. I saw one on youtube that said something like: "Post this to x amount of videos, turn around three times, and look at your hands."

So I replied "My god, MY HANDS! They have... SKIN ON THEM! AAAARRGH!"

:D

5. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

I hate those ugly annoying "send this to 100 people in the next hour and your love will fall in love with you, if not you're never going to experience love and die an angry old geezer."-type chain letters. When people still sent them to me I replied something like this. "Wow. Pleeease don't tell me you believe in that ****ing **** **** **** *** ****** ***** ***** ***** stupid ****"

Edit: Nice one Xeno :p

6. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

People send out Valentines chain letters, or ones like: 'I fancy your mother. Please send this to your mother and at least ten other people.' :D

1. Tourists who are stupid enough to believe that St Kilda is anywhere near Skye. Which is essentially any tourist.
    2. Slow drivers.
    3. People who believe that 'pog mo hone' is how you say 'hello' in Gaelic.
    4. People who think that Scots and Gaels are the same thing, and that speaking in a Scottish accent will make people understand you.
    5. People who think that locking the door of their holiday home is necessary. Yep, as if they have things we want and no-one else does.
    6. People who don't like eating rabbits.
    7. People who say 'how much peat does your girlfriend's house burn' and then don't believe me when I say about twenty thousand stacks a year.
    8. People who think you can dig up peat with a stick, and those who attempt to do it.
    9. People who don't think it's funny that a tornado can hit the Isle of Lewis in the east without anyone in the west noticing a thing. It's usually the other way around.

7. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

My only pet peeve is people who are really loud and demanding about their pet peeves. You know, people who flip out if someone interrupts them, or curses, or uses the word "like" too much in conversation or something. They feel the need to tell that person to cut it out, because "I hate it when people do that!" or "I have a big thing about that!" I want to tell them, "Okay, but not everyone feels that way, and the world doesn't revolve around your preferences. You know what's really annoying? You expecting people to change their behavior based on your arbitrary pet peeves."

8. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

People who use the word "literally" wrong.

People who stop their car to let you into the street when there's a huge gap directly behind them.

Wal-Mart managers who can't figure out that if there's no line with less than three people it means you need to hire more cashiers.

Wal-Mart's that have a closed self-checkout register.

Wal-Mart's where there is no cashier who can scan items faster than the minimum you had to do in order to keep your job when I worked there.

Wal-Mart's that require a degree in spacial physics to gain access to the parking lot if you are approaching it from any direction but the south.

Wal-Mart's that sell you brand name clothing that falls apart in six months when you have generic stuff that's lasted at least four years.

Wal-Mart's where you can go in with the intention of spending money on anything at all and you come out empty handed because they didn't have anything worth buying, let alone something you wanted.

Old people who use the self checkout stands.

Finding hairs on the toilet seat.

People who gossip.

People who honestly don't realize that they are gossiping.

Girls who wear those huge sunglasses that obscure their entire face. You know, the ones that have "southern California" written all over them.

Girls who come from cowboy country who wear southern California sunglasses.

Southern californians who come to cowboy country.

Cowboys.

Well, not real cowboys.

People who wear cowboy hats and clothing in the city, or at school.

People who don't realize that most horses will come to you if you just leave them the ^&#% alone.

People who think that owning horses is fun.

People who think that riding a motorcycle is a death sentence.

People who don't ask you "why do you believe that," when you put forth a controversial opinion.

You-tube comments.

People who claim to be there to help you, and don't stop to think that it would be a good idea to find out what it is that you already know and have actually done before giving their "help."

School writing center ads that claim to want to help everyone improve their writing whether or not you are a student while their employees sniff meaningfully when you bring in something that isn't a school paper.

Social pressures that make it impossible to have a meaningful conversation with someone you don't know well.

People who think I'll be interested in knowing the latest aspects of Brittney Spears's life, and fifteen minutes later say "that stuff is boring" when I tell them I like to read...for fun.

The fact that I didn't figure out beforehand that there is good reason why popular science was offering a three year subscription for twenty dollars.

9. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

People who think their comments on my meal somehow matter. Today a total stranger passed my table, looked at my plate and said, "That looks gross." Then she got offended when I advised her not to order it.

People who think very long hair is an invitation to touch it. Okay, I know it's long and pretty, but keep your blinkety-blank hands to yourself.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Still laughing over the last one.

11. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

Close-minded people who claim to be open minded. Hypocrites, people who think they are funny but aren't, apathetic people, nihilists, outwardly depressed people (emos...), and overly-zealous people(Right-wing fascists, left-wing Marxists, militant vegans, anarchists, ect.)

Stuff like that bugs me.

12. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

Rumpole,
    If it didn't happen two or three times a week it might not be so bad. I know ankle length hair is going to attract some attention, but it is attached to a person. One schmuck even pulled it to see if it was a wig. I'm quite proud that I didn't backhand him.

13. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Ya should have. Just my 2 cents.

14. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

The only thing I have to add to this otherwise perfect list is 'I'm not racist, but...' or 'No offense, but...' by which I mean, those and structures like them.

15. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I think the correct translation of those is, "I am a racist butt, I am an offensive butt, I am a trying to cause trouble butt, ..."

16. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

You know, I don't think it would bug me as much if they said those things instead...

17. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Spitting on the ground, in public. Gross and unnecessary. >_>
    ^^ as is telling me what colour it is and other descriptive details that make my stomach churn after it's become more than obvious I'm thoroughly appalled by the act. o_O

18. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

When girls get paralytically drunk for attention-

read my rant blog, for an indepth exploration.

19. murphcas

murphcas New Member

I agree!! Biggest pet peeve is when people leave closet/front/back/kitchen doors/cabinets open. My roommate does it all the time. I don't say anything about it but she realized it bugged me when I kept getting up to close the cabinets. Thankfully she started to remember to close them, but sometimes she leaves them open for a good laugh.

Chain letters.

When people ask for the truth and when you tell them they get mad at you cause it's not what they wanted to hear.

Spoiled rotten kids

Okay this is turning more into a list of things I just hate rather than my pet peeves so I'm gonna stop.

20. murphcas

murphcas New Member

Gigi you reminded me of another pet peeve which is similar to yours:

Really really crazy religious people that try to push their religion on you and fight you on your beliefs constantly telling you that you're wrong and you're going to hell because you don't believe in their god.

21. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Hahahaha. Or how bout this one: "I'm trying because I care about you. I don't want you to go to hell cause you're my friend." :D

22. murphcas

murphcas New Member

haha yeah that too! the worst is when you're in a philosophy class with one of the crazy religious people. I don't mind if people want to be religious but don't shove your beliefs down my throat please.

23. Cogito

Thems what shouts the loudest do so th drown out the voices of doubt in their own heads.

24. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

People who blitheringly state the obviouse. Example:

"I can't find my keys."

"Where did you have them last?"

*smack!*
    "If I knew that, they wouldn't be lost!" :mad:

25. Cogito

Woah folks! Let's mainteain tolerance and respect here. The abortion issue is very emotionally loaded. Both sides passionately believe their view is correct, and the other completely unreasonable.

Let's try to steer clear of matters that are guaranteed to explode into a flamewar.

The abortion issue is hereby off limits in this thread.