Tags:
  1. Lazaares

Lazaares Contributor Contributor

Visual Aid for Arranging Plot Points / Scenes

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Lazaares, Jul 24, 2020.

Greetings fellow writers;

Asking for best-practice advice today. I am looking for a software or method to visualize scenes / plot points in order to have a better overview on them and to be able to re-arrange / order them.

Insofar I have been using a shameless excel file. However, it's both cumbersome and not really good at "visalizing" things - I am merely cutting & pasting 5-word summaries of my scenes.

I was considering using a card-based database where I can shuffle them around as if they were on a table. Have the right software/app for it; thought there's no hurt in asking the community here on advice - perhaps you have a far better method to suggest that I could try.

2. Kalisto

Kalisto Senior Member

yWriter is a really good software for organizing your project. It includes a storyboard feature though it is a little hard to use. So I would highly recommend it. I probably couldn't get my latest project done without it.

Lazaares likes this.
  3. Cephus

Cephus Contributor Contributor

That's one of the things Scrivener does really well.

Lazaares likes this.
  4. plante

plante New Member

Lazaares likes this.
  5. Lazaares

Lazaares Contributor Contributor

Thanks for the replies! Scrivener's and yWriter's functions look similar to what I was planning using (Wavemaker). That Scapple one looks interesting, though. I may give it a try first on paper and then see if it chimes.