?

Pick the story you think deserves to win.

Poll closed Mar 15, 2018.
  1. The Countdown

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. That's Life

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Brotherly Love

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ups and Downs

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Closed Voting Voting for Flash Fiction Contest #52 - Amusement Park

Discussion in 'Monthly Flash Fiction Contest' started by thirdwind, Mar 1, 2018.

Thanks to everyone who entered this contest! There are a lot of good stories. Please vote for the story you think deserves to win. The entries can be found here.

The poll will remain open for 14 days. Keep in mind that members may discuss the stories here, so unless you absolutely love spoilers, make sure to read all the stories first. ;)

2. dbesim

dbesim Contributor Contributor

I haven’t voted yet but all the stories in this month’s prompt were great and worthy of a vote.

I enjoyed That’s Life for the metaphorical way it considered the theme. I love the positive message I got from this one and thought it was superbly written. I found the message very inspiring (and very true). Well done author.

I also liked Brotherly Love because the murky beginning didn’t prepare me for the fun and joy that would be the outcome of the tale. I didn’t expect it and the story got me feeling positive and inspired by the end. Good storyline, author, and great buzz.

I also enjoyed Ups and Downs because this story was sentimental and I was glad that two people found love on account of an amusement park. I thought it was lovely.

The Countdown was also a good story but in a different way. Unlike the other story this one was different because this one was really sad and it didn’t end on an up-note. Maybe that was also part of its appeal. This one got me feeling some serious chills by the time I got to the end. Good job on that one.

Thanks to all the writers for making this such a positively charged theme! Now I’ve got to go and figure out which of you’s I’m voting for (hint: I’m torn between two!)

3. GB reader

GB reader Senior Member

Let's get some more votes on this. Only four stories this month.

One a little sad.
    One quite philosophical.
    One about love.
    One with an unexpected ending.

Good usage of the prompt all of them.

thirdwind likes this.
  4. Night Herald

Night Herald We said we wouldn't talk about Canada!

I meant to write one, but I sort of forgot there was a deadline. I'll have my vote in sometime today.

dbesim likes this.
  5. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

The poll closes in about 2 days, so please vote if you haven't!