42.9%
  5. Medusa The Seducer

28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contest Administrator Contributor

Closed Voting Voting for Poetry Contest #311 || Theme: Green

Discussion in 'Monthly Poetry Contest' started by theoriginalmonsterman, Jan 8, 2019.

Voting for this contest will be open for 2 weeks, and will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (EST) on Saturday, January 19th. If the poem had no title I used the first line of that poem for the title.

If you submitted an entry for this contest, you are not allowed to vote for it. Doing so will result in disqualification, and the winner will be the next runner-up.

Entries for this contest can be found and read here!

Good luck to everyone who entered! I'll see you all later!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. dbesim

dbesim Contributor Contributor

Voted
    For I Thought That I Would Live Forever - I sort of liked the free way this poem flowed and the way each stanza was a different sort of reflection on the colour. Then the prosaic part at the end was a merging of poetry with prose and sounded quite good as a soliloquy. I also liked how other colours (aside from green) was considered also. I thought the facial emojis undermined the poem grammatically but I still liked what was communicated.

The Green Space was another poem I enjoyed and though some lines were very long, while other lines were much shorter, there were still interesting images.

I guess it’s not really so easy talking about the colour green but a good effort was made by all the poems.

3. Stephen Barnard

Stephen Barnard Member

Why is there an option to change your vote? Surely once you've decided it should stick?

4. Magus

Magus Active Member

A tough choice between Medusa The Seducer, and A Thousand Messages, I wish I could of voted for both. A Thousand Messages won me over though, I enjoyed the seasonal aspect, and I think it did a better job of writing about the prompt.

5. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contest Administrator Contributor

I suppose, but in the case you accidentally voted for the wrong option or you just decide to change your choice for some reason I feel it's good to leave it open to be changed. In most cases though once someone votes they don't typically change it anyways, so doesn't seem like it does any harm.

6. Stephen Barnard

Stephen Barnard Member

Fair enough. I guess if it was abused it would seem obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.