1. BootsyBlueyes

BootsyBlueyes New Member

In need of a creative story...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BootsyBlueyes, Feb 16, 2013.

Ok, so basically – just before Christmas I was getting ready to go out with my friend, & after dancing to some music around the room a little tipsy, my dog got overly excited & knocked me over – causing me to break my right wrist.

The break was pretty bad. I actually snapped both bones, & I had to have an operation & a metal plate fitted. Now I am left with a lovely big scar which goes half way down my inner arm (from the middle of my hand, all the way down past my wrist – to the middle of my arm). I had 22 stitches - so there are even little dots either side of my scar...

Now when people ask me how I did it – I feel utterly embarrassed saying ‘Oh yeah, I fell over my dog when I was drunk...’ So for fun, how about you lovely, creative people come up with a new story for me? Something interesting & epic that I can tell people...

I hope you are all well today & I’ll look forward to reading your ideas,

Kelly xxx

2. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

A bat wing lift:eek:

3. BootsyBlueyes

BootsyBlueyes New Member

Huh?

4. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Senior Member

Lies will wear you out, I know it from personal experience. Just tell the truth, who cares what people think? Your dog knocked you over, it happens.
    It happened to me as well.

5. BootsyBlueyes

BootsyBlueyes New Member

Wow - you guys sure know how to just have a laugh & play along, huh?...

People on here are so weird lol everything is so serious all the time - where are the fun people?

Kelly

6. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

I broke my foot last month, from tripping over a paving stone - even less epic than dancing and tripping over a dog :p

People were so disappointed when I told them the reason (and *everybody* asks, don't they?!) I started saying it was a skiing injury - I know that isn't super interesting but it seems to satisfy people!

When i do say what actually happened I've been surprised at how many people have said they thought I was going to say skydiving accident - I'd have been lucky to be hopping around after a skydiving accident!

I hope you're healing well :)

7. BootsyBlueyes

BootsyBlueyes New Member

I am healing well, although I still suffer a lot with it at the moment with the cold weather, but the scar won't fade for a long long time. Its thick & pink & long & I hate it lol

I work as an oline bingo chat host so I have told all the roomies to come up with a story in order to win some cash haha they have come up with some funny ones - check below what I have so far...

My Scar Stories Comp

Hi Edi, just wanted to get this one in before anyone copies me:
    One drunken night you were watching the terminator and it came to the scene where Arnie slices open his arm because his mechanics are wonky. You look at your arm and in a drunken haze believe that you too are a terminator and as you’ve drunk so much your hand is numb. You whip out your scissors and slice down your arm to put it right and sew it back up again. You now have a crazy mad scar on your arm . The end.
    ka22ie

~ * ~

HI Edith

Your short story;

The moon shone dimly through the trees as Edi stumbled along the forest footpath.
    She was taking a shortcut home from her late shift at heart bingo. She knew she would be a little scared this late at night, but she was tired and thought to herself ‘to hell with it, I’m not walking the long way round, that’ll take me an hour. This way I could be home in 15 mins’. Suddenly, she heard a noise. It was creeping her out and then there it was. A few feet in front of her stood a large and what looked to be a wolf, groaning. It stood on its hind legs and made a run for her. She just froze and couldn’t move out of sheer terror, letting out a pathetic scream as the monstrous creature tore at her clothes, ripping away at her flesh. Blood gushed from her arm. The suddenly, gunshots rang out in the distance and the creature ran away leaving poor Edith collapsed and shaking on the forest floor. She heard a man’s voice and at that point, she passed out. Awaking in hospital, the man was sat next to her bed. He proceeded to tell her his name was Andrew and he had found her slumped in the forest. Believing she had been attacked by a werewolf, she looked at her bandaged arm. He told her the doctor had said she was very lucky they had managed to avoid amputation, and all she would be left with was a huge scar from her elbow to the palm of her hand, but eventually she would be able to regain full use...

From micky09 lol hope you like it Edi x

~ * ~

Hi Edith and hosts

Whilst singing to your valentine from the top of the Eifel Tower, you slipped and sliced your arm. You soldiered on to the end of the verse, then was whisked away to have it stitched with your valentine at your side.

jules1011

~ * ~

Roomies, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic host. Edith will be that host. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster, more cg's...

This you will find is the reason Edith has a scar down her arm, we rebuilt the cg button pressing arm, she is now the 6 million dollar host... the 'Terminhoster'!

Raeh70

~ * ~

Edith host told her bingo roomies that the scar on her arm was because she had injured herself and broken it but the truth was more strange and sinister than anyone could imagine. When she first came back to work everyone was pleased to see her and she settled back in well. Her colleagues helped with the things she couldn't manage like carrying things for her and making her cups of tea and all was well. Some of her colleagues brought her gifts to make her smile - little things like a pillow to rest her arm on, her favourite sweets etc... There started to be a bit of competition as to who could bring her the best present and they became more and more extravagant. Some of the new hosts who hadn't even known her for long started bringing in gifts of expensive jewellery, tickets for spa days and any number of costly presents that Edith adored. She would accept them all with a sweet smile, saying 'wow how lovely and so very thoughtful of you' with a strange twinkle in her eye.

It became normal for the other hosts to turn up every day with gifts for Edith as well as spending their time tending to all her needs. She could often be seen at her desk with one colleague massaging her feet while another painted her nails and no-one seemed to think this was all getting a little odd. No-one that is except Louis host. He had been away on holiday for a few days and had just come back. His suspicions were first raised when he saw the 'Edith is the Best' sign above the office doorway. He scratched his head in bewilderment as he looked at the people running around after her and the mountain of presents that were piling up in the corner of the office.

Edith explained to him about how she had hurt her arm and it had been stitched up and he nodded and expressed his sympathy. He logged onto the bingo chat room and ran a few games before he noticed out of the corner of his eye that Edith had her arm under the desk and was fiddling intently with it. She caught him looking and blushed and pretended nothing was happening. He shrugged and carried on hosting, but felt a little uneasy. A little later that morning he felt an overwhelming urge from nowhere to buy Edith a diamond necklace. He started thinking about how he could afford it and thought it would be best to take out a loan or use his credit cards - his mind started wandering down all different ways of getting the money for it.

He suddenly realised what he was doing and slapped himself hard, and as he did he startled Edith who was sitting behind him, again fiddling with her arm under the desk. Louis was very, very suspicious by now and he stormed over to her and grabbed her arm from under the desk. What he saw made him recoil in horror and a small scream started building in his throat. Edith's scar had what looked like a hidden zip which was zipped open to reveal a robotic arm inside with flashing circuits and big dial which was labelled 'Mind Control.' Horrified by the realisation that Edith had in fact been controlling the minds of everyone in the office with her mind control implant, Louis tried to shout to the other hosts to alert them to what was going on, but he was too late. With a wicked glint in her eye, Edith turned the control to full volume and said sweetly to Louis 'you want to get me a diamond necklace - well how very, very sweet of you! Do hurry and get it would look lovely with the dress Pixie host is buying for me. With a dull obedient look in his eye Louis promptly left the room, armed with credit cards, heading for the nearest jeweller with the sound of Edith's evil cackle ringing in his ears............... Muhahahahaha!

Ickklebudda

~ * ~

Edith is a real life hero, she even has a scar to prove it.
    When she was out shopping just before Christmas, she noticed a man behaving oddly. " Nothing new there
    then", she thought! But she decided to keep her eye on him.
    Just as well she did. It wasn't long before she realised what the man was up to but before she could call the police, it happened. The man snatched a baby from a pram and started to leave the shop.
    It was instinct really, no thought for herself. Edith ran after the man and caught up with him as he was trying to open his car door, struggling one armed tyring not to drop the tiny buddle he had snatched.
    As Edith approached the man he drew a knife out towards her but nothing was going to stop Edith from saving that child.
    She ran closer and the man slashed out with the knife. It caught Edith's arm and there was a gush of blood flowing everywhere.
    Still she persisted and the man realised she wasn't going to give up easily so he shoved the baby into Edith's arms and sped off into the distance.
    When the police finally arrived ( took them ages ), Edith gave them the description of the man and vehicle registration number which enabled them to arrest the man.
    Edith had 26 stitches in her arm and the baby was fine, " well worth it " she said afterwards, " to see the relief and love on the parents faces".
    A true real life hero!

from
    Harlowgirl x x x

~ * ~

Around the table the hosties sat
    sharing jokes and monitoring chat
    When all of a sudden from the corner of her eye
    A chocolate cat on the floor did she spy

Edith looked from left to right
    Would Louis and Enya put up a fight?
    She slowly stretched her left leg out
    This could be war, without a doubt

As she drew the cat toward her
    The aroma grew stronger
    Enyas nose was twitching now
    Quick retrieval was needed, but how?

'Mouse' she shouted, 'over there'
    The team all jumped up on their chairs
    As quick as a flash she stooped to conquer
    The chocolate cat, but oh what a plonker

The cat was a rat and a real one at that
    It reached for her arm with talons ablazing
    Tore through her shirt the pain was amazing
    Ripped through her arm, now bloody and gory
    The moral my friends of this little story
    Is share, don't be greedy or you all could get bleedy.

love kc3uk xxx

~ * ~

You were attacked by a rabid Karaoke machine which you bravely fought off by singing Whitney Houston songs for 3 hours.....

Xmumsthewordx

~ * ~

One night Edith and her ghost hunter friends went to spend the night at the cemetery It was a cool autumn evening and the only sound was the noise of the fallen leaves blowing between the grave stones. Suddenly there was a strange noise and one of the graves started to split open and a form emerged from the depths. It was brandishing a long knife. The creature approached the group of friends who were too traumatised to move. As it got nearer it started lashing out with the knife, and caught Edith's arm. The sight of blood galvanised the group into action and they took to their heels and managed to outpace the creature. Edith lost a lot of blood and the local hospital did not believe what had caused the deep wound but they were able to stitch her up and send her home and she will always bear the scar of her encounter with the undead.

Wisp48

8. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Hehe, I've got to say I like the terminator one the best, made me laugh :p

9. BootsyBlueyes

BootsyBlueyes New Member

Yeah that made me laugh too lol they come up with some strange things, my lot haha guess whats that they get with me as their host lol x

10. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

I have an idea--bizarre, but you should see my real life.

Tell them that you work for Homeland Security. Your job is to pretend to be a novelist. Your assignment is to float potential preemptive, surgical anti-terrorism strikes by offering the overall plan as a plot for "your book" and asking for critiques in creative writing forums.

When fellow members punch holes in your plot lines, you go back to your station handler, and they tweak their assessment. You pretend to "fix your novel" and offer a thread update. When the "plot" is deemed perfect by the forum, they launch the Navy SEALs.

To cover your yearly weapons training certification (where you were sliced by your 2.0 DPx H.E.S.T. folder) you admit that the cover story is that you tripped over your typewriter.

Tell guys at the saloon this story. They'll buy you drinks all night long...

11. Bimber

Bimber New Member

Dont worry about them, they probably none-fiction writers they have no imagination...(just kidding) :p

How about you were walking home and a guy shows up out of no were dressed as Darth Vader and attacks you with a lightsaber thinking you were probably a Jedi, having nothing to defend yourself with you raised your arm for protection, the next you remember you woke in a hospital and was told you lost your hand but now you got a better robotic one...

or if your not a starwars fan and want to freak people out a little

Tell them you got called by the government and they installed a chip in your arm that soon everyone will have, but during the procedure something went wrong and the chip damaged your bones which they did their best to fix and apologized and told you that never happened before, but that they still are beta testing it and soon it will be mandatory for all... tell them not to worry and that you were told they wont feel a thing

Hope ye get well soon :)

12. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

An evil demon knight burst into your living room, drawing a blood-red sword with the image of a black-spiked rose carved into the wicked blade. His skin is red, ashen, and cracked with lava-colored veins pulsating all over his scalp and cheeks. His ears are pointed and split down the middle and curled at the tips, his squinty eyes are a sickening yellow, and his mouth oozes with puss as he smiles wickedly, revealing his disgusting, rotted, jagged teeth.

"I am here for your dog's soul, filthy human girl!" he growls in a chilling tone that makes your blood freeze instantly in the veins. "And soon I will destroy your puny planet, but first I will devour the souls of your pitiful humankind and make them my eternal slaves! Submit to my whims!!"

Suddenly, you hold your hands out and a set of long swords appear in your palms! They both have silver, spiraled hilts with glass-blue blades with green vine images emblazoned on the blade. Gritting your teeth, you bolt headon to meet your hellish enemy.

CLASH! BANG! SMACK! CRASH!

The sounds of battle reverberates throughout your place, sparks fly from your blades as you and the demon knight battle it out through the room. Your friend watches with anxiety and awe as you show off complicated moves that he/she never knew you had. The fighting is fierce, beads of sweat forms on your brow, but you continue. You must continue. The fate of humanity and the very Earth itself depends on you! With firm resolve, you fight harder. You will win. You will prevail. You will succeed. There is no other alternative.

The sky darkens to a misty grey, as if the very angels themselves are descending to witness this monumental battle between the demons and the mortals. They sing in a chorus, praising your strength and urging you to continue. You are their Chosen. The Light of the Divine Wind, they call you.

"T-this is impossible!" the demon cries, perplexed at your bravery as the angels sing louder and louder. "A human mortal who can fight just as well as I? And a GIRL AT THAT!? Impossible! IMPOSSIBLE!!"

Not saying a single word, you drive your holy blades through his accursed black armor. He howls, and the howl sounds like the screams of thousands of damned souls as he explodes in a black, wispy mist. His explosion sends a shockwave that pushes you back into your table, snapping your wrist.

But the day is won, the world (and your dog) is saved, and you leave with a noble battle scar. You are the Heroine of Humanity, the Savior of the Divine, the Guider of the Light, and your friend damn well knows that. The angels sing of victory as they ascend back to Heaven, the sky clears back up. You are bloodied, you are hurt, but you are victorious!

What? You asked. xD Hope you feel better.

I am assuming you are a woman because of your avatar. If you are a man, then woops! xD