Tags:
  1. Walking Dog

Walking Dog Active Member

Walking Dog

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Walking Dog, May 15, 2017.

Hello, my brothers and sisters,

For me, writing is a hobby and a guilty pleasure. My favorite genre is comedy, but I write suspense, mystery, horror, science fiction, and general fiction. My profession is electronics.

I am an avid kayaker, fisherman, and photographer. I launch my kayak hours before dawn to look at the stars, and to watch the sunrise on the water. Some nights the coyotes yip and howl at the moon. On moonless nights, satellites soar overhead, and shooting stars streak the sky. Some nights, I sit quietly and meditate in the dark.

I am a naturalist. My view of existence is philosophical, rather than religious. I believe consciousness is something our bodies are doing. Our bodies were created by the Universe. Therefore, it is the Universe experiencing consciousness. The sense of individuality is an illusion created by perspective and experience. I do not believe in souls or gods. I am the Universe. When I help others, I help myself. When I love others, I love myself.

I have always been a writer, despite making a living in electronics. It is my hope to expand my writing ventures in retirement. Work takes the best of me, so I focus on short stories. My goal is to become a novelist in retirement. I'm about ten years from retirement.

My goal in joining this forum is to create another avenue for practice. There is much to learn. I hope to offer something in return, perhaps in the way of ideas, or if nothing else, in examples of how not to do things. I am a novice at best. Please correct me when I'm wrong.

Thank you.

2. Sigma Zed

Sigma Zed Active Member

Hello! Welcome!