1. Traincakes

Traincakes New Member

Wanting to Write, Just Don't Quite Know Where to Start

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Traincakes, May 15, 2021.

I've got a lot of ideas, want to bring them into an interesting story, but don't quite know how to tie them all into one coherent whole. Looking for someone who I can talk to and work on making stories with, collaborate some, and make our own stories. Am looking to do something in the science fiction, science fantasy, or fantasy, depending on which takes my fancy.

I'm a voracious reader, so for anyone who's interested, tell me what the latest book you've read was.

2. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

Hey Traincakes! One thing I can suggest straight off the bat is to perhaps type "writing lectures" into youtube. You'll find some of the best writers out there giving practical, easy-to-understand walkthroughs of how to construct novels, both on a technical level of what is needed in terms of plotting, characters arcs, etc but also the practical side of drafts, editing, you name it.

Welcome to the forums!