1. Katzen

Katzen New Member

wants to write real scifi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Katzen, Apr 19, 2014.

Hello. This is Katzen.

I'm in the aerospace world with my real job, but I have always loved Science fiction, but after reading dozens of novels I always feel like they heavily rely on tropes and ideas pushed down almost half a century ago.

especially space opera.

So I want to write. I have many a good plot setting, but my characters get a little two dimensional, or maybe it's because I'm not vetting them well.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. :)

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Katzen, and welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, where you will find the information concerning our requirements for posting works for critique. I had to delete a portion of your post because the requirements are not yet met and also because it was posted in the wrong place. Items for critique belong to the Writing Workshop after you've met the requirements for posting works for critique.

Have fun!

-Kat

4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Nice one @Katzen. I love sci fi novels written by actual scientists, and am always excited by a prospect of a new one. It's good that you realise your characters need work, some people don't (like Peter F Hamilton). :D Joking, of course, plenty of great advice and help to be had around here. Welcome to the forum!