Tags:
  1. Wowbagger

Wowbagger New Member

*waves a little too enthusiastically* Hello everyone.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wowbagger, Dec 14, 2019.

Hello folks,

Another newbie here looking forward to getting involved. I'm an English teacher in the UK and a hopeful novelist.

I have a novel written, though beta reader feedback is coming in and there is still work to be done. I suppose it's an absurd comedic drama with soft sci-fi elements (physicist accidentally brings God to Earth - he didn't know we were here and finds us an odd bunch).

I'm currently working on a more serious sci-fi story for a young adult audience as I wait for further feedback on the main project.

I'm a huge Douglas Adams fan, as my forum name suggests. I also enjoy Terry Pratchett, Philip Pullman, Neil Gaiman, Graham Greene... there are too many to list.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, offering whatever I can regarding your writing, and picking up any feedback I can on mine (not before contributing appropriately, of course).

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Welcome! Definitely head over to Workshop and jump in. They need help. It got busy these few weeks. Go back aways and find things that got buried or little response. Enjoy WF! :)

3. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Welcome! I hope you like it here.

4. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

It's nice to meet you!

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Wowbagger!

I just noticed you've listed a whole bunch of my favourite authors. In fact, I'm in the middle of re-reading Hogfather, as a seasonal treat! :)

I’m one of the forum moderators and I want to welcome you to the forum.

Unfortunately, it’s that ‘time of the year’ and I’m falling badly behind on my forum duties, including writing personal welcomes to all the new members, which is what I normally like to do. So please forgive me if this ‘welcome’ is general, not personal. Consider it a Christmas form letter from a Forum mod!

Just to keep you on track or get you on track if you’re just starting out here …please take the time to read these two links. They help to get you oriented, and also give you a notion of how we operate here.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

If you want a quick way to explore the forum offerings, here is a great link below, and I use it often myself. It’s not a series of Frequently Asked Questions, but is, rather, a site map with links.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

If you have any problems getting settled, don’t hesitate to ‘start a conversation’ with me, and I’ll do my best to help. (Just click on my owl avatar and follow the signs.)

Anyway, take your time, settle in, participate in any threads that draw your interest. Giving critiques in the Workshop section is much appreciated by our members, and is also a requirement if you want to post your own work for feedback. So might as well get a head start there.

Our contests are also open to new members, both for entry and for voting. So you might want to check these out as well.

Anyway, hope you enjoy yourself, and I’ll see you around the threads. Probably AFTER Christmas!

Cheers, Jan