1. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

Ways to impregnate a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Alesia, Sep 27, 2013.

For some reason, I've been feeling a desire to get my MC pregnant. But being a lesbian, that's going to be a quite difficult thing to do. Bear in mind, my universe doesn't have invitro, so that option is off the table. What are some logical ways a lesbian could end up with a bun in the oven by natural means? One night stand out of curiosity maybe? (like how Armond got Val in the Birdcage) Also, she has no desire to have children, so paying a man and suffering through heterosexual sex to get pregnant on purpose isn't an option either. I wouldn't want to go for a rape baby angle, either since that would be piling too much on her I think and would probably create a whole novella in and of itself.

2. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

Just an FYI - In vitro isn't the same as insemination. I assume, though for purposes of your story, you don't want artificial insemination, either.

I once heard, and I find this very difficult to believe, but I read that it could theoretically be possible, that someone was once impregnated from being in the same bathwater, where the previous bather had, apparently, ejaculated into the bathwater.

I suspect that your one night stand out of curiosity would be more likely.

3. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

I will never take a bath ever again. (If someone else has used the bathtub, that is).

*votes for one-night stand*

4. Alesia

I've heard about that too. Like a guy uh... takes care of himself on the toilet and leaves some residue behind and a woman uses the bathroom directly after. It just seemed completely out there though. Maybe there would be a 1/100000000000 shot, but still. Be a hell of a plot line trying to figure out where it came from though lol. And yes, there is no artificial insemination either unless you mean turkey basters.

5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

There is always divine intervention, as in the Christian tradition :)

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Aye, there be a plot twist for ya'. ;) LOL :D

7. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

Artificial insemination is, essentially, a higher-tech "turkey baster." Someone could, I suppose, try to do that at home. Maybe if she is passed out or drugged, someone could do that, although that scenario would be more like the rape scenario you wanted to avoid.

Also, I recently heard about a bizarre scenario (I can't remember what I was watching) about a woman who had given fellatio, and was soon thereafter in some sort of accident or was stabbed, and the semen was able to get into her reproductive system through the cuts that she suffered. So, you could do something along this line, if you can come up with a reason for her to ingest semen in a non-sexual encounter. Some people say it has good effects for certain things. Or maybe by mistake somehow. A mix-up in salad dressings or smoothies or something.

8. Alesia

Actually, passed out may not apply. I didn't want to do a full penetration rape scenario. However, a complete unawareness of what happened might work. And adds the sub-plot of trying to figure out the origins of the child.

9. Thornesque

Thornesque Senior Member

I VOTE FOR DIVINE INTERVENTION!!!!

No, I'm joking. I think the "one-night-stand-out-of-curiosity" is the most plausible step to take, avoiding the rape option. Or, you could...well, this would be sort of a mix between the other two. But, if your character drinks, it's not out of the ordinary (at all) for a woman to drink to the point of her passing out or just not caring enough to say no. It's not quite...I don't want to say it's not rape, of course, because, in my mind, it is. But it's not the "traditional" sense, where a woman is held down and forced into it (got, I'm walking a fine line here).

10. Alesia

On another note, since the novel opens with her waking up in a hospital thinking she was possibly slipped a roofie and drug raped, finding out she's pregnant months later could open some very interesting doors. "Did that doctor lie to me?"

11. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

That's the last time I go round your place for salad and smoothies :(

12. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

wow @Thornesque fine line? thin ice? either way you're about to get virtually stabbed here :) I'd go with a roofy!

But there definitely is something about Mary....

13. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

The bath water myth is a myth. The little swimmers wouldn't fare too well in the pH and missing salinity of bath water. They prefer a special mucus.

I heard a rumor, however, that Melissa Etheridge's partner put David Crosby's sperm in a diaphragm and inserted it to get pregnant.

Witchymama likes this.
  14. Alesia

So if I went with the one night stand idea, how would she go about making it from say being tipsy in a bar to naked in some guys bed? I don't want it to be some thing like she was so drunk she couldn't say no, because I'm with Thornesque, I count that as rape. I guess what I mean is, how would be the best way to pull it of without it seeming gratuitous or cheesy? The other problem is I only have one male character she would even remotely consider doing it with, but he doesn't particularly like her because when she was a sexually confused young adult, they were in a brief relationship and she burned him kind of bad when she finally came to terms with her natural sexuality and left him for a woman.

15. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Maybe she gets so drunk that she thinks the guy is a woman.

Darn. Never mind then.

Trish likes this.
  16. GingerCoffee

How about she gets just drunk enough to decide either to half assed try for a pregnancy, or, she gets just drunk enough to decide to try a guy for the heck of it or out of curiosity?

17. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

18. Alesia

That's wht the turkey baster was out :D Also that's where the twist lies in getting her pregnant is the "oh shit, I'm pregnant. What am I going to do?" Of course, she's not the abortion type either, so it will end up going on into "well, I guess I'm going to be a mother, so I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to handle this."

19. GingerCoffee

OK, option 2. :p

20. Alesia

LOL. Yeah, if she wanted it, she would just pay some guy for his... material and have her girlfriend... uh put it in.

21. BillC

BillC New Member

If you wanted to make it really awkward, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splash_conception

Episode of 'Scrubs' was on our TV the other day and that's how the MC knocked up a girl. On the first date. And she found she was pregnant before they'd even "gone all the way".

Engineer something where she thinks, "Oh yeah, I'll give it a shot with a dude", gets cold feet before penetration, guy gets carried away anyways, "Eww gross!!! Now I DEFINITELY don't want to do it! Thank goodness I came to my senses!", fast forward a few months and M'Lady is with child, no penetration or turkey baster required. Or of course, whatever works for your story.

Wasn't there like, a Law&Order episode where some teengirl got knocked up but "We never did it all the way!" and it turned out it was from this?

22. Alesia

I'm not going to do anything weird. Just your basic one night hump session, guy makes his deposit, few months later she's at the doctor for a physical and "congratulations Miss. Connor!" The issue is how to get her into bed with a male protag that doesn't particularly like her and so far, all I can come up with is alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol for both of them.

23. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Turkey-baster is an ancient method for this. Or one night stand, but she would have to be ovulating, otherwise she'd have to sleep with a man a lot more often then the average lesbian could handle.

24. Alesia

Like her mother always said growing up "all it takes is once."

25. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

What if her bi girlfriend stitched her up? Saved a full condom from her boyfriend and introduced the contents into their lovemaking without the gold-star lesbian's knowledge...