1. Martin515

Martin515 Member

Weekend Writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Martin515, Jan 10, 2016.

Hello there, I’m Martin. Found this forum after Googling around for writing tips, so thought I’d sign up.

I enjoy writing and have a couple of WIP novels that I started many years ago that will probably never see the light of day, but working on them has definitely helped improve my writing ability so I guess nothing is ever wasted! My recent academic pieces have been highly commended, but I am trying to get back into writing fiction in my (limited) spare time. - Maybe I'll even finish something one day!

I read mostly historic fiction (and non-fiction), but also like fantasy, sci-fi and satire.

I like writing alternate history and fantasy, and love the world-building aspect. I also dabble in poetry with themes of duality / twin-phenomena.

Very nervous about sharing my stuff... I’m sure that’s normal. Hope to get some good advice here and put myself up for critique in the near future!

2. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

Hi, Martin515! I, too, am a weekend writer, but I do try to squeeze out a few hundred words whenever I can sit down and devote some time to writing on a weeknight. I had never finished any of the numerous short stories I started - until I joined WF. I've now finished two and am about midway through my third.

I hope you find this site to be as inspirational as I have. Regarding your nervousness about sharing any of your work on here, I'm unaware of that ever being a problem. Maybe some of the more seasoned members can provide some insight to those woes for you.

There's a lot to read and a lot of information to soak in amongst these pages. I hope you find whatever you're looking for. Best of success to you!