Tags:
  1. bananafish

bananafish Member

Weird fantasy thing?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by bananafish, Sep 6, 2017.

I write fantasies for kids and this is the first time I've been this stumped. In my world, stars were created and shot up into the sky by a super-powerful wizard. Stars are actually warm, glowing little balls you can hold in your hand. Years later, a new wizard, wanting to be the most powerful one and wanting to erase the memory of the former wizard, removes the stars from the sky. There's this Pixar-ish star shower with all the people coming out of their homes to watch the stars fall and they can even pick them up. So I really like this scene but how the heck do I execute it? How would you get the stars out of the sky, like shoot them or use a potion or what? I want a potion to somehow be involved. I know this is a fantasy so anything works but I want to know what you guys would do. All I can think of is Gru's shrink-ray...

Seraph751 likes this.
  2. archer88i

archer88i Banned Contributor

Rockets, like fireworks, that he launches into the sky. Makes for a pretty light show, but each time one explodes, it showers nearby stars in a potion that makes them fall.

rktho, Seraph751 and bananafish like this.
  3. Surcruxum

Surcruxum Member

Hmm since anything goes, maybe you can make the new wizard trick the people (particulary children) that stars can grant wishes. To bring them down from the sky, they have to drink a potion that attracts the stars to them (like a magnet). And the people must drink the potion on the same night. Then as you say, "There's this Pixar-ish star shower with all the people coming out of their homes to watch the stars fall and they can even pick them up"

4. bananafish

bananafish Member

That's actually amazing.

And so is that.

5. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

When a child's wish is true in it's sincerity it can bring the star down to grant the wish however be careful should that wish that's to be granted hurt another the star will never be able to go back. There is a catch though! If the child can amend their wish (also with sincerity) the star can go back.

6. bananafish

bananafish Member

This is breaking so far away from my storyline but all three of you should write this book instead honestly

7. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

If there were stars falling like what you described my kiddos would totally dance in a shower of stars. I picture that the starts fall like dandelion wisps. :)

bananafish likes this.
  8. Surcruxum

Surcruxum Member

In all honesty i have ideas about what's going to happen next but I'll just keep quiet since this is your story after all.

Don't know why but the kid in me kinda likes your story concept :D

bananafish likes this.
  9. bananafish

bananafish Member

:bigtongue: maybe you should write your version...I'd like to hear what happens next.

Surcruxum likes this.
  10. Surcruxum

Surcruxum Member

Alright, here it goes:

At the "promised" night, all people have drunk their potions.....except for one little boy (or girl) who accidentally spilled his. He was sad, watching the other villagers excitedly holding out their hands forward as the stars got closer and closer to them. Pretty soon, each of the villagers were holding a star in their hands. The wizard told them to close their eyes, then wait until he said it's ok to make a wish.

The wizard smiled mischievously, for the potion had a hidden side effect: memory loss (the effect takes place after a period of time). The wizard told the villagers to open their eyes. When they did, they were confused, as they have no idea why they are holding a little, warm, glowing ball.

The wizard laughed deviously, for what better way to erase the former wizard's memory, than to make people believe that his accomplishments never happened at all?

The wizard told the villagers that the glowing balls are called "stars", and they are gifts, created by the wizard himself. He said the stars can help them to see better in the dark. All the villagers thanked the wizard for their wonderful gifts......except for one little boy. The boy told the villagers that the stars came from the sky, and the wizard did not create them. Alas, no one believed the boy.

This is a story about a little boy who tries to convince people of the truth behind the stars, while finding a way to return them to where it belongs.....in the beautiful, night sky.

Well that's it. I didn't think too far ahead. Also, I assumed that the villagers didn't know that the stars were actually little glowing balls and a powerful wizard created them for the story to work. I also didn't get into too much detail when i typed this.

So....what do you think? :)

Mckk and bananafish like this.
  11. Xboxlover

Xboxlover Senior Member

Treat it like a rain shower!

bananafish likes this.
  12. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

sounds like it could be a really beautiful scene actually, full of wonder. Does it matter how the wizard does it? What if like the former wizard, the new wizard shoots some kind of liquid - the potion you wanted - into the sky that sorta makes all the stars come "unstuck"? Think like water removing glue sorta idea.

bananafish likes this.
  13. bananafish

bananafish Member

I was thinking of that same thing. Like, shoot it up in a rocket like the idea above.

Mckk likes this.
  14. bananafish

bananafish Member

*thunderous applause*

Surcruxum likes this.
  15. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

I like it. Very fairytale-esque, romantic and sad at the same time :)

bananafish and Surcruxum like this.